The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 3rd, 2023

richwmn

Today is National Boyfriends Day, Child Health Day, and Techies Day

What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.--John Green, Paper Towns

Meal Suggestion for today - Turkey Porcini Tetrazini
Drink of the Day - Makers Mark Ginger
Wine of the Day - La Moulinière Bordeaux Rosé
Destination of the Day - Shimizu, Japan Shizuoka

Today in History:
1990 Reunification of East and West Germany. West German flag is raised above the Brandenburg Gate on the stroke of midnight.
1888 New Zealand Natives, a privately organised and mainly Māori rugby team, plays first game in UK

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Glacier Bay, Alaska, Icy Strait Point, Alaska 0700-1600,1800-2200

Koningsdam

Juneau, AK 0700-2000

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 10-06

Nieuw Statendam

Nafplion, Greece 0700-1700

Noordam

At Sea Destination San Francisco, California eta 10-04

Oosterdam

Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey 0900-2300

Rotterdam

Stockholm, Sweden Overnight

Volendam

At Sea Destination Hilo, Hawaii eta 10-08

Westerdam

Juneau, Alaska 1300-2300

Zaandam

Norfolk, Virginia 0700-1600

Zuiderdam

Sydney, Nova Scotia 0800-1600

1003World.thumb.jpg.d54866a16a5014df2ee6c15c3acf15d3.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 18

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on ventilator

HAL Sailer’s DH hospitalized with pneumonia and afib

StLouisCruiser’s friend Susan’s DH Scott hospitalized, post-arrest, on vent

1Angelcat’s friend Stephanie with leg fractures, post-surgery

Haljo1935 with an upper respiratory illness

Seasick Sailor wrenching her back while pulling Allen into his chair

Cruising-along’s friend with kidney stones/abcess & new uncontrolled diabetes

Lady Hudson’s DH Bill with bronchitis

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine

From the Rotation:

Haljo1935 sees Orthopedic surgeon today

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Kazu (Jacqui) flying to Amsterdam today – safe travels!

Smitty34877 finding a new aide

StLouisCruisers posting photos of cutie Elliott Rose

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

4 days for Kazu (Rotterdam Oct 7 to Oct 22, Atlantic Sojourn)

4 days for 0106 (Rotterdam Oct 7 to Oct 22, Atlantic Sojourn)

4 days for St Pete Cruiser (Rotterdam Oct 7 to Oct 22, Atlantic Sojourn)

5 days for WannaSea (Eurodam Oct 8 to Oct 12, Pacific Coastal Cruise)

5 days for Horizon Chaser 1957 (Eurodam Oct 8 to Oct 28, Panama Canal)

Vmax1700 (Rotterdam to Oct 7, Jewels of the Baltic), WannaSea (Koningsdam to Oct 7, AK Inside Passage), Mr. Boston (Oosterdam to Oct 8, Med Tapestry, Greece & Adriatic Antiquities), Nickelpenny (Noordam to Oct 8, Wine Country & PNW), Ichiban Nekko (Zuiderdam to Oct 10, The Atlantic Coast),  Cruzn single (Zuiderdam to Oct 10, The Atlantic Coast), Rafinmd (Queen Mary 2/Crystal Serenity to Oct 13, NE, CA/Quebec City to NY), Live4cruises (Westerdam to Oct 28, N.Pacific crossing & Japan Collector) and Lindaler (Volendam to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific) 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 15

Makers Mark Ginger cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Maker's Mark® Bourbon
Ginger Ale
Garnish:
Lime Wedges

Instructions
Add Maker's Mark® Bourbon to an ice-filled rocks glass and top off with ginger ale. Garnish with a lime wedge and serve. For a twist, garnish with an orange slice.

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 6.34.18 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 11

Good afternoon.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

It is sunny and 62°F currently.

I had a nice cheesy bacon flatbread and coffee at the beach 4 hours ago after dropping Pauline off at work.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Bon voyage best wishes to all who are sailing soon.

IMG_20231003_075447.jpg

IMG_20231003_080833.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  Here it is 56F and we expect more sunny skies and a high of 82.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report.  Isn't it a great day to live in Georgia?

Wow, three good days to celebrate and/or honor.  I will consider my DH my boyfriend today.  Child health is of utmost importance so I am praying for a miracle for Baby Murphy today.  Techies are such smarties and needed in this day and age. Today's menu suggestion sounds interesting and it will be fun to see Debbie's report on it.  I'll have to pass on the cocktail but would love to try the Rosé.  I recall what a very big deal it was in 1990 with the reunification of East and West Germany, and it was an important day in NZ rugby history.  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your fabulous reports each day!

Prayers were said this morning for my DB, Susan's DH Scott and DB Mark, Baby Murphy, Steve and Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, Allen and Joy @Seasick Sailor, Vanessa @JazzyV, Melissa @HAL Sailer and DH, all the DH's in poor health at the moment, Debbie @dfish, Terry @smitty34877 and family, Dixie @summer slope and @Haljo1935.  If I've forgotten anyone be assured everyone on the Daily is mentioned each day.  Hooray for all the cruisers and those preparing for one!🚢 Hoping everyone is feeling well very soon.  Best wishes to Annie @marshhawk and Chuck as you prepare for your wonderful cruise and work on better health.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the Care and Celebration lists.❤️

Grateful today for my DSIL who was able to troubleshoot and run diagnostics on DD's new phone which allowed her to phone us without the dreaded "this party is not accepting your calls" message.  It's a miracle!  She is relieved to know her parents haven't disowned her!🤗

The port of the day is Shimizu, Japan (Shizuoka),  That was the destination on June 8, 2021 and July 17, 2022.  I'll post the links below for you.  I have not been to Shimizu before.  Thanks in advance for your photos!

Hoping for better health for us all.  Have a great day everyone.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  An interesting collection of days, and I love the quote.  I suspect we passed MS Zuiderdam sometime overnight.  Great days for Germany and New Zealand.  Not sure about the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Peach Soup, Chicken Consume, Lamb, and Apple Caramel Goldrush as served in QM2 Princess Grill last night.

dishes02.jpg

Roy

• Like 36

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Another nice day in the forecast for us, a high of 27°C (81°F).  Who would believe we'd get this weather in October?  Bertie and I will go for a walk soon, the sun is almost up.

A nice collection of days.  My hubby is my boyfriend.  Child health is important, praying for little baby Murphy.  We need techies.

Not sure about the quote.

The meal sounds good, so does the drink.  Hope the wine is tasty too.

I've never been to Japan.

Important days in history.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of reasons to celebrate.

Have a great day.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Happy Tuesday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Foggy start this morning. Should be a warm one today with a high of 80. 

Have a hair appointment and then going into the office to see clients. Working on classes this morning. Busy day. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Image result for Tuesday cat memes

• Like 29

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! It was not raining when Bindi & I went out this morning, but it had been. I am not complaining though - yesterday turned into a spectacular day after 10:30 in the morning. No clouds, brilliant blue sky, mid-80s with a gorgeous breeze.  Hoping for a bit more of the same today. 

Vanessa, thank you for capturing & sharing our happenings. Praying that your pain improves.  

Bindi walks, gym, indoor & outdoor chores. I have some plants that I need to place out where I want to plant them - once I repot them. Going to a neighbor’s after dinner just to catch up. With wine of course. 

IMG_1794.jpeg.89884d1005866f163d4d2d3367837cf4.jpeg

IMG_1791.jpeg.e7aeb2c018bf676a9cbbc6eb83f6a676.jpeg

IMG_1801.jpeg.3884f64d28102e13ea89dff2b5244f3a.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, praying that Steve continues to improve and feel better!  And praying that you can rest a bit easier. I am so glad t9 read you are home!

@smitty34877 Terry, praying for you, Tana, your families & your support teams. May that new aide be “the one”.

I hope we each have a reason to smile today. 

La Moulinière Bordeaux Rosé

Well consumers think this rosé is very good, and it is reasonably priced and fairly easy to find. To quote some consumers it is “Dry, fresh & fruity on the palate. Nose of intense red berries.” Online prices start at $14.99.

Distributor notes

Since he took it over in 1991, Jean Jacques Lesgourgues, owner of the prestigious Laubade Armagnac, has completely transformed this estate beside the Dordogne and, as a patron of the arts, has turned it into a contemporary art exhibition. The 75 hectares property dates back to the 16th century. Blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 7

I'm never up this early but I got bilateral lumbar spine steroid injections yesterday morning so I haven't slept at all tonight just typical (for me) steroid reaction...no pain but I took a Tramadol around 1:30 a.m. hoping it would put me to sleep....nope.

Edited by 57redbird
more info
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 10

A good morning here and hopefully for you each too. 

We got our family to the train yesterday after a very productive weekend. Then we dug into making connections we needed for getting the ball rolling on more fronts. I found out the Move-in Planner for our new community in NJ is “unexpectedly out of the office for an undetermined time” so we are instructed to “lean on” her counterpart at the Maryland place under the same corporation. She did get us contact info for their recommended movers and realtors; left messages with 2 of the three and now have a realtor coming Sunday. It’s a slower start than I’d hoped but we’ll keep going. 
Trust attorney coming tonight with notary and witness for a signing party for trust and wills🤞.  

Sorted and filed a bunch of old documents I found in a box in the storage room. Today will tackle filing recent pile!  

It’s so nice to see the appreciative comments about EMS.  We did it as volunteers for 19 years. 70% of EMS/Fire service force in the US is volunteer.
So glad to hear Steve got an encouraging report. Hoping Joy is ok. And Vanessa can get onto a better track. And Tana’s new aide is just what’s needed. 

My first several cars got named but when I bought new or newish cars I found they didn’t have a “personality” yet. A couple got named later on but eventually that gave way to generic references: the car, the truck, the Jeep… I’ve had 20 vehicles, most were a joy and a blessing but some were a lot more difficult!  I’m very happy with our one car now, quite possibly my last. I’m confident it’ll serve us well. 

DH got his semi-annual oncology blood work. He’ll have his phone consult with his MDAnderson doc in Houston Thursday.  The results are still in the OK range but a tad higher each time. Grateful for today!  One day at a time is Everything!  

Safe travel blessings to Jacquie and Roy and all our many cruisers!  So excited for @lindaler heading off to the serene South Pacific!  

Blessings to all for a meaningful day!  Thanks for being here, sharing and supporting!  
Maureen

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good morning to all

If I don’t post now, I might end up not posting like yesterday and not posting.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.  It is my go to place every day.  Thank you to Debbie, Ann, Dixie and Vanessa for your dedication.  

Today is the only slow day of the week.

Yesterday I had another eye doctor appointment and was fitted with new contact lenses.  I thought I was doing great.  However sometime during the afternoon/evening I lost the left lens.  i now have daily lenses  so I will have daily replacements.  While I had cataract surgery the implanted lenses only corrected the nearsightedness but not the astigmatism.   So the contacts does give me the sharpness that I need.  I really do prefer them to glasses.  Before cataract surgery I wore contacts for about 35 years.  I did not realize how expensive the daily lenses are.  However they are preferable since you insert a clean lens everyday.  

Today is a slow day.

Tomorrow DH has a dentist appointment to get a permanent crown.  Then we will go out to dinner to celebrate our 42nd anniversary. So my DH is my Boyfriend.  So I will celebrate Boyfriend Day with him today.

Child health is very important and I pray that each child gets the care they need.  Renewed prayers for Baby Murphy.  I hope we get an update soon.

I used to be better at Technology, but not anymore.  Just can’t keep up.  No longer a Techie.

Will pass on the meal.  Too much work.

I like the wine.  Always will go for the Rose.

Pass on the drink.

Have not been to the port.

Interesting quote.

What a great day to finally have Germany reunified.  

Good for New Zealand.

Prayers for all on the cares list.  Especially those who are hurting and going through troubles.

Cheers to those celebrating and cruising and getting ready to cruise.

Have a great day everyone.

Happy Tuesday.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 30

Good morning. Lot’s going on with the painting, quarterly pesticide treatment of house this morning and I have an appointment for flu shot at noon. Somewhere I would like to get a walk in. Great walking weather as it’s currently 64 degrees.

@Cruzin Terri Happy Anniversary. 
Way too many medical issues amongst our group. Do hope they get treated and resolved.

Time to get moving. Thanks for the Fleet Report. Looks like Alaska season is finally winding down. Seems to extend later every year. It’s now repo season and soon will be Caribbean.

@JazzyV You put a lot of work in keeping up the Care and Celebration list. Thanks.

Have a great day. Bruce

image.jpeg.0f87652d9a0d1703cae69766c84dddab.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f3c1dd70968c1a4dab1a99d8813e1eb1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c95635b9513c233fdd64bb53d4bd1aab.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.99f6e4da09ae560ad461cd92371b2060.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4a2359567f7a1a51b125eb04c98fe38d.jpegimage.jpeg.a012362cd71ce50d819cfc348ce421de.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Haha 20

Good Tuesday morning Dailyites!  I stayed up late, printed our boarding passes for the first cruise and paper work for both, and I can print the boarding passes for the second part of the cruise on the day we fly out.  Worked until 11:15, and started into the paperwork at midnight.  ARghh, tired, DH has an eye appointment this morning.  Stopping in for a donut before hand.

514011e9b3abf1c804000d0557e2b2b8.jpg

• Like 29

@kazu  Jacqui,  safe travels to Amsterdam today.  ✈️

@Cruzin Terri  Happy Anniversary !  🍾

Good morning everyone!  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports today @richwmn.   An interesting quote today.   The Tetrazzini dish sounds tasty and would go great with the Rose' wine today.   The Maker's Mark ginger is an excellent drink.  

Prayers for all on our care list with so many illnesses and hospitalizations.    Prayers for all needing them and for @smitty34877 that they new aide will be perfect for Tana.   Prayers for the people of Ukraine.   

I am leaving the house in a bit to pick up gypsum soil amendment for our lawn.    We have a lot of light rain coming so John wants to get it applied ahead of the rain.    It is supposed to loosen the soil.  I hope it works because I ordered more daffodils since I forgot the trouble I had planting then the last time I did 3 years ago.    I got my front bed all cut back and the Virginia Creeper trimmed and the ends treated with poison ivy killer.   If we don't go for a drive today I will spray poison ivy that is in the woods surrounding the house.    Have a lovely day everyone.   Nancy 

• Like 25

Good morning. The sun is out again and it will be 77 later. The city is having a special pick up today for “debris” from the flooding and it is sad to see so many things piled on the curbs in the neighborhood. We were very fortunate compared to a lot of our neighbors.

My DD DH was my boyfriend from the time I was thirty. I will always remember the handsome man with the beautiful blue eyes “ bothering” me at work. He always seemed to show up in my department at the most awkward times. I was once on the floor with a stroke patient teaching him how to get up .  He asked if we needed help!

I had a tough time yesterday just  doing regular things. I drove up to a store in my old neighborhood and realized I was alone in the car. It sounds so silly but it just hit me like a ton of bricks. Coincidentally my son sent a picture of us at the Boston Garden last year. Lou was so happy to be there and see his Celtics in a pre season game. I guess these things will keep coming up as I get used to a different way of life.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I am so relieved that you  and Steve were able to return home with a good report. I am sure you are both very tired today.

@Seasick Sailor, Joy, I hope both of you are ok today. I will worry until we hear from you.

1C198032-675A-4497-9560-0B090141647D.jpeg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, everyone!  

It is going to be sunny and warm today in mid-Michigan with temperatures in the mid 80s.  Sue and I have hair appointments this morning.  I am getting rather shaggy, so this is a blessing.  Next week we do pedicures getting ready to be all prettied up for niece Emily's wedding at the end of the month.  Not much else on the agenda.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm glad all is ok with Steve.  What a scare that was!  But, you are both home safe and sound.  Let the healing continue!

@Seasick Sailor Joy, I hope your back is better.  Good advice on calling EMS if it happens again.

@marshhawk I bet you are totally excited about the cruise coming up.  I sure would be.

@kazu Safe travels today!

Many thanks to @richwmn for his help on today's meal.  Originally it was Mac and Cheese.  I thought we exhausted Mac and Cheese yesterday and should give it a rest at least until next year.  Rich put up with me changing it a couple times until I landed on Turkey Tetrazzini.  I was delighted to find something we hadn't had in the last six months!  My first alternative choice was something we had had.  So, save this recipe for the day after Thanksgiving.  Until then, you can make it with chicken. I think many would enjoy the cognac in this recipe.  https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a3088/turkey-porcini-tetrazzini-recipe/

Turkeyporcinitetrazini1.thumb.jpeg.9cc77dbf967fe15c09746966f16dde21.jpeg

You can really use any type of mushrooms in this recipe.  A shredded rotisserie chicken would work well.   https://www.wellplated.com/turkey-tetrazzini/

turkeyporcinitetrazini2.thumb.jpg.b0d3fd2bdef7c010207831c4f9cf41aa.jpg

This one is pretty easy to follow.  It uses sherry instead of cognac.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mushroom-turkey-tetrazzini/

turkeyporcinitetrazini3.jpg.a4f4e0aaadf1c9fda24b90ed4677648a.jpg

This last one uses white wine and adds in spinach so you have a meal complete with vegetables.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/turkey-tetrazzini-with-spinach-and-mushrooms-3568181

turkeyporcinitetrazini4.jpeg.9c8e3abe97a9ec54eabad10b9e10af00.jpeg

@57redbird I think your diagnosis is on target.  I had proclaimed no more surgeries, but I'll let them fix this.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 10

Gave my husband an extra kiss this morning as he headed out to work - told him it was for boyfriends day; he laughed and said "I'll take it." All health is important  - child health seems even more so. I've always referred to technology as a "necessary evil" but since I'm now in IT, I guess that officially makes me a Techie!

A person may be a person, but some are definitely better representatives than others. 

I would try the meal (need more turkey in my diet), pass on the drink, wine sounds nice, not been to Japan.

The day in history was important for E & W Germany; I don’t follow rugby but am in favor of countries representing outside their borders.

Currently 68° headed to sunny 93°. Looks like rain still possible mid-late week, so fingers remain crossed.

I think the Chiro manipulation helped as some of the numbing has been replaced by a fuzzy feeling, so I'll take that as progress. I told her I came back from my cruise a mess (cracked lips, numb foot, achy hip, URI, blah blah); she said "you're not a mess, you're Post Cruise." Oh my...

Prayers and positive thoughts for all with an extra dose for Baby Murphy and family in recognition of Child Health Day.

Screenshot_20231003-074350_Weather.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Maureen, where in NJ are you moving?  Have you ever lived here before?  

It’s a great place to live and close to cruise ports!  I hope all goes well with your move arrangements.  

Busy day with trusts and wills.  Not things we look forward to doing, but important to get those done.  

I am going for my Covid Vaccine and Flu Vaccine today.  I’ve done two shots at the same time in the past without any issues.  Fingers crossed.  

Have a great day all.  

Brian 

• Like 25