Where to get late snacks on Island Princess?

KKB

We love the International Cafe for a late evening snack on other ships—but no IC on Island!

Is there anywhere to grab a snack at midnight?

(no interest in waiting for room service—looking to grab & go)

47 minutes ago, KKB said:

We love the International Cafe for a late evening snack on other ships—but no IC on Island!

Nope.

Room service / Ocean Now delivery is it after the buffet closes around 10pm.    

And even during the day, the grab and go is buffet or deck grill and pizza..  La Patisserie has a small sad little selection of pastries in the morning in a tabletop warmer and some sandwiches during the day - absolutely nothing comparable to the International Cafe...

1 hour ago, skynight said:

I would imagine the Horizon Ct. It should be open until midnight.

The horizon court is not open at midnight they close after dinner 10pm maybe 10.30. Late night options in the island princess are either room service or snacks from your refrigerator that you squirrelled away earlier, the buffet do have good sandwiches and cookies in the afternoon for your foraging pleasure.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Keep imagining! Not so -- HORIZON COURT on Island P.  closes at 10:30pm

2 minutes ago, coco2/27 said:

I’ve seen a small selection of food snacks on a cart by the windows in Good Spirits bar off the piazza, too.

Not in the evening.

BUT -- we have always been able to order available items using the App for delivery at Explorer Lounge at least till midnight.

6 hours ago, skynight said:

Island, this past sailing..

HC done by 10:30.

6 hours ago, KKB said:

OP - here's the hours of dining venues on Island from the cruise that just ended..

Hope it helps.. 

FB_IMG_1696460711796.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, avonlady6390 said:

I spent a week on the island not happy no IC least favorite ship would not book her again unless it was a special itenery.

I completely agree.  I do not like the Island at all.  I kept getting lost and it is one of the small ships.  Such a weird layout.  And really missed IC. 

52 minutes ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

I completely agree.  I do not like the Island at all.  I kept getting lost and it is one of the small ships.  Such a weird layout.  And really missed IC. 

I've looked at the deck plans & watched some ship tour videos...doesn't seem all that different than other Princess ships. 

I know we will miss IC...great place to grab a bite after late dancing or gambling. But since we know, we can grab some snacks in London to bring or grab something in buffet to keep in room.

It was the itinerary that attracted our friends...and we always like to sail with them.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Room service. Chips, dip, guacamole, veggies, and lots more. 

I just left the Island yesterday and can confirm the 10:30 pm closing time.  

We struggled with late evening food a few times as we were in port very late.  We ordered room service 3X (not counting breakfast card every day for port days) and there was very little that was free.  I remember the days of lots of free options, but now it's pretty much a chicken sandwich, burger, turkey club, FF, cheesecake, chocolate cake, chef salads, and 4 choices from the kid's menu.  The options mentioned above now cost $$ -- chips, dip, quac, veggie plate, etc.  

One nice thing was the ability to order on the app - we really liked that and the orders came promptly with the appropriate condiments. 

2 minutes ago, KKB said:

I've looked at the deck plans & watched some ship tour videos...doesn't seem all that different than other Princess ships. 

I just disembarked yesterday and agree with you.  The only thing that seemed odd to us was the buffet in the front (which we knew prior to boarding).  Other than that, everything seemed pretty much in the same places we experienced before on other ships.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I just disembarked yesterday and agree with you.  The only thing that seemed odd to us was the buffet in the front (which we knew prior to boarding).  Other than that, everything seemed pretty much in the same places we experienced before on other ships.  

I do remember when first sailing Princess the oddity of having to take stairs or 1 specific elevator to one particular dining room...seems that is NOT a thing on this ship. And one elevator only goes to only floors 5-8?

I like to think they like to keep us on our toes!

1 hour ago, KKB said:

I've been on about 30 Princess cruises and on the Island previously but I don't find it similar to most of the ships in the fleet.  Nor do I get lost on any of the other ships.  Other passengers had similar experiences. 

21 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I just left the Island yesterday and can confirm the 10:30 pm closing time.  

We struggled with late evening food a few times as we were in port very late.  We ordered room service 3X (not counting breakfast card every day for port days)

I will be on the Island in a month’s time.

I like the idea of ordering breakfast for port days as some excursions are at 7:30am.

Did you order from breakfast door sign? Isn’t there a limited items on the breakfast door sign?

Or off the app?

Was they delivered on time?

49 minutes ago, phabric said:

I will be on the Island in a month’s time.

I like the idea of ordering breakfast for port days as some excursions are at 7:30am.

Did you order from breakfast door sign? Isn’t there a limited items on the breakfast door sign?

Or off the app?

Was they delivered on time?

We ordered every port day. We used the breakfast card by hanging it out the night before and didn't ask for any extras. Everyday it came 10 minutes prior to the earliest time selected, like clockwork. So when we selected the 7 - 7:30 window it came at 6:50, etc. We just used that time as a guide and selected accordingly.