Is bottled water included in the Signature package

mafig

Yes, but the larger bottles are not. Here's HAL's description:

Our convenient, affordable Signature Beverage Package allows you to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas, bottled water (sparkling or still, 400ml or less) & coffee! Includes any beverage priced at $11.00 or lower (up to 15 beverages per day).

• Like 1

It depends on the size.  Any 12-oz canned/boxed water is included in the Signature Drink Package and counts toward your 15-drink daily limit.  However, the AcquaPanna bottled water is not included - each bottle is 1L (33oz).  There are separate water packages available if you specifically need one (like distilled water for CPAP machines).

I'd strongly recommend each person bring his/her own travel water bottle/thermos.  On our sailing on the Rotterdam this June, water stations were available in the Lido buffet.  You can obtain ice this way, too.  To make the process more sanitary, a crew member will fill the bottles for you.  We kept our own water bottles filled throughout the cruise and especially before leaving on excursions.  Since you most likely won't reach your 15-drink limit on embarkation day, you may also want to order extra canned/boxed waters at any bar and store them in your fridge cabin.

signature drink pkg.png

16 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Our convenient, affordable Signature Beverage Package allows you to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas, bottled water (sparkling or still, 400ml or less) & coffee! Includes any beverage priced at $11.00 or lower (up to 15 beverages per day).

Last year on the Oosterdam our room attendant left plenty of the canned waters in our cabin and we never paid anything extra for them. We had the standard HIA package in a Signature Suite. Will we still get the cans of water at no charge for our upcoming HAL cruises with Standard HIA?

2 minutes ago, sailawayward said:

It depends on the size.  Any 12-oz canned/boxed water is included in the Signature Drink Package and counts toward your 15-drink daily limit.  However, the AcquaPanna bottled water is not included - each bottle is 1L (33oz).  There are separate water packages available if you specifically need one (like distilled water for CPAP machines).

I'd strongly recommend each person bring his/her own travel water bottle/thermos.  On our sailing on the Rotterdam this June, water stations were available in the Lido buffet.  You can obtain ice this way, too.  To make the process more sanitary, a crew member will fill the bottles for you.  We kept our own water bottles filled throughout the cruise and especially before leaving on excursions.  Since you most likely won't reach your 15-drink limit on embarkation day, you may also want to order extra canned/boxed waters at any bar and store them in your fridge cabin.

signature drink pkg.png

Has HAL changed their policy of not being able to upgrade the standard HIA to the Premium drinks on board? That was not allowed for us to do last year on the Oosterdam.

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Has HAL changed their policy of not being able to upgrade the standard HIA to the Premium drinks on board?

You can upgrade from the Signature to the Premium under the HIA, but anyone interested in that should do it prior to embarkation. I'm assuming the cost will drastically increase, but you can upgrade to Premium on embarkation day from what we saw with other passengers.  If you're on the Signature Package and order a Premium cocktail, you're just charged the difference in price + gratuity.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Suzy said:

They are not included in room service. So if you get it from room service it is not included as far as I know. Also, if you take it from the bar in your room it is not included.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Has HAL changed their policy of not being able to upgrade the standard HIA to the Premium drinks on board? That was not allowed for us to do last year on the Oosterdam.

I buy the distilled water from holland America by the gallon. I need it for my CPAP machine. You can buy it right online at the website.

1 hour ago, sailawayward said:

You can upgrade from the Signature to the Premium under the HIA, but anyone interested in that should do it prior to embarkation. I'm assuming the cost will drastically increase, but you can upgrade to Premium on embarkation day from what we saw with other passengers.  If you're on the Signature Package and order a Premium cocktail, you're just charged the difference in price + gratuity.

You can't do it prior to boarding if you have HIA, you can only do it on board, prior to buying your first drink.

16 minutes ago, Thetideishigh2021 said:

Does anyone know if San Pelegríno mineral water in cans is available and included in the Signature pkg?  I brought my own case last cruise so didn’t bother checking 

thanks

Not that I saw on our cruise last month.

57 minutes ago, sailawayward said:

This is not true. You most certainly can order drinks from the bar and return to your cabin with them.

I didn't say that. What I said was if you drink the water from your room it's not covered with your package. I never said anything about drinks at the bar. I was referring to the bar in your room

Edited by shadow 123
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, sailawayward said:

This is not true. You most certainly can order drinks from the bar and return to your cabin with them.

I think what was meant here was the MINI BAR, not bringing something to your room from a bar.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Last year on the Oosterdam our room attendant left plenty of the canned waters in our cabin and we never paid anything extra for them. We had the standard HIA package in a Signature Suite. Will we still get the cans of water at no charge for our upcoming HAL cruises with Standard HIA?

Hi Terry ,

Haven’t heard from you for awhile, hope you’re doing well and enjoying some great cruises 🚢 

👍

• Like 1

16 hours ago, horseymike said:

Hi Terry ,

Haven’t heard from you for awhile, hope you’re doing well and enjoying some great cruises 🚢 

👍

We just got home last Sunday from a 3-week trip to Europe including a 12-night suite on the Celebrity Apex. It was a great cruise and post cruise trip to Santorini.

There have been many changes being made by Celebrity that are driving us and many others to look at other lines. We are getting ready for our Koingsdam cruise next month and then our 6 week trip to Australia and NZ in January.  The two cruises in January will probably be our last cruises with Celebrity. I do not want to get into why but just read some of the Celebrity forums to see how unhappy many CC members are with them. We have booked with both HAL and Oceania in the future and depending on itineraries they may be our two go to cruise lines of the future. If we hadn't already booked and paid for our airfare to Sydney in January, we would have canceled the 2 Celebrity cruises.

Edited by terrydtx

18 hours ago, sailawayward said:

I believe the comment you quoted was poorly worded ans easily misunderstood. I think what the poster meant was that anything including water in you cabin mini bar is not included in your beverage package. You can however order anything included on your beverage package at any bar and take it to your room. We get our steward to empty the mini bar in our room and then at the end of the day when we know we haven't used our allotment of beverage we grab a few unopened cans and take them to our cabin. 

• Thanks 1

I have seen this discussion before and am still confused, there are 3 sizes of bottled water, 12, 16 and 1 ltr. The general consensus is that the 12 oz cans are included in the Bev pkg, and the 1 ltr bottles are NOT.  the gray area becomes the 16 oz bottles, so I called HAL and asked the question if the 16 oz bottles are included and they said YES, but I have seen several references from actual cruisers that the 16 oz bottle is an extra charge. I tend to believe the cruisers but I guess I will find out when we sail in Nov.  If anyone is on the Rotterdam now maybe they could simply ask guest services and clarify , I drink a lot of water and 12 oz doesn't go far, I will also be carrying refillable water bottles so if they charge for the 16 oz can I will still be fine.

Also, something I have not seen, Does the ship have canned coke products, not just fountain but actual canned coke, this is a very big deal to my spouse as she is a diet cokaholic.

I have learned quite a lot from all those who contribute on this forum, thank you all