Using the corridor outside your room for stroller storage

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

The PPA and me have a very bad relationship. I swear they have a gps on my vehicles, and somehow if they were booting on the high seas, they'd find me! 

Also know as "Philadelpia's Pain in the  A$$." The parking rules get to the point that your car is towed for just about anything and it is a small fortune and much time to try and get your wheels out of their compound lots.

Get the PPA involved on the high seas and they might try to ticket the lifeboats for parking too close to the railings.

😮

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

Question for a traveling companion—no problem getting the scooter through the door on regular cabins? 

It takes practice, but it's doable. You have to make a hard turn in the hall and go STRAIGHT through the door. Can't go at an angle. Same with turning around in the room. Wife has gotten pretty good at manuevering after using one for a few trips now.The Scootaround "standard" scooter is VERY easy to turn in tight spaces. We come in the room and turn it around so we're ready to head out next time we leave the room. Backing in/out the door is kind of a trick we haven't managed yet 🙂 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Rather than a just a “boot”, I’d like to see the offending “vehicle” towed out of the hallway to a secured “lot.”  The hallway would be clear for others and the “release” fee could be paid at the “lot.”  I assume the Philadelphia Parking Authority could find an appropriate payola scale for towing a stroller🤣

Coming soon brought to you by A&E and Discovery, Parking Wars of the Might Cruise Ships. 

I’d surely watch. 

• Haha 5

RCI has an opportunity to make this subject into an additional revenue stream.

Paint a wide yellow band at the bottom hallways where parking and stopping unregistered wheeled conveyances (how about that legalize wording?) is forbidden.

First time violators will be verbally abused by staff and fellow passengers (limited to fellow passengers no more than two cabins in proximity to the violator) for a minimum of 15 minutes.

A second violation will result in the perpetrator's wheeled property to be towed and subject to an initial OBC deduction for the violation and a storage fee for any property not recovered in 24 hours. Said property will be disposed of at sea during the next cruise if not claimed. Suggested disposal sites can also include Coco Cay where the objects can enhance fish habitats and provide another unique diving experience subject to removing any hazardous parts from the equipment.

An Unlimited Wheelie Package is available but everyone registered to a cabin must be enrolled. This entitles the registered users to park in exclusive areas on all decks to include the Windjammer, MDR, and pool areas. The availability of these packages is subject to limitations of parking spaces which will allow Pinnacles to use spaces should all of the packages not be sold out.

Sky Class cruisers and above will be provided a Premium Police High Roller Package to include strobe lights, siren, and prerecorded recordings such as "GET OUT OF MY WAY, I AM LATE FOR MY COFFEE AND DONUTS!" or one of my favorites, "I AM PRIVILEGED, GET OUT OF MY WAY!"

With great privileges, comes great responsibility. As such, all Packages will come with motion activated tamper resistant wheelie cams. This provides users an addition degree of protection against false accusations and allows additional fines of other passengers who obstruct your path or refuse to give way. Package purchasers will be given the benefit of doubt against any allegations because, let's face it, they are paying extra bucks and RCI has bills to pay.

I can see the $$$$$$$$$$ rolling in now.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

We noticed on our last cruise that any dishes we left in our room were put outside our room, presumably by the stateroom attendant. I can only think that now they have more rooms to look after the new procedure is for someone from the kitchens to collect all the dishes left outside by the attendants 

And unfortunately, they aren't able to do it quickly. The trays sit there all day long.

9 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

Unfortunately plenty of people would be hard pressed to accomplish that. 

Question for a traveling companion—no problem getting the scooter through the door on regular cabins? 

Regarding the strollers in hallways. It sure would be a bummer if someone had a little too much to drink and “accidentally” spilled something in there. 

The minimum standard door width is 23” according to what I found searching the internet.  I’m sure it might be wider depending on ship but pretty sure that’s that smallest you will encounter on a non accessible room

Accessible rooms on Royal have 32”-34” doors to the cabin and bathroom 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SRF said:

Dishes in the hall is a common signal in hotels to pick them up.

On some lines, it seems they tell people to do that also.

I would send up a signal flare but it did not seem to help anyone on the Titanic. One ship in the area thought they were just doing fireworks for entertainment of the passengers.

We were on the Serenade repositioning cruise in September.  We both came down with COVID halfway through the cruise.   We were advised to leave our meal trays out in the hall.  Many other trays were there (not sure if they were quarantined or not).   Dishes were picked up really quickly; it appears they had workers scanning the hallways frequently for dishes.   Never more than 30 minutes before pick ups.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2023 at 10:08 AM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

This is an epidemic now that the 2nd housekeeping service has been removed. There were trays on the floor throughout the entire length of the cabin corridors on the Allure this past summer. 

Amazing as there's room service fees.  

10 hours ago, Gardener5b said:

We were on the Serenade repositioning cruise in September.  We both came down with COVID halfway through the cruise.   We were advised to leave our meal trays out in the hall.  Many other trays were there (not sure if they were quarantined or not).   Dishes were picked up really quickly; it appears they had workers scanning the hallways frequently for dishes.   Never more than 30 minutes before pick ups.

Number one, I hate to hear that someone gets sick on a cruise because I know how much we all look forward to enjoying our cruise.

Thank you for being so considerate to self-isolate. There are many who would say, "Full speed ahead" in complete disregard of others.

I wonder if your meal trays were put on a high priority cleaning schedule since you told them you were sick and self isolating?

Was the crew aware that you were not feeling well or was this a regular practice during your cruise?

On 10/13/2023 at 4:28 AM, GJustice said:

It takes practice, but it's doable. You have to make a hard turn in the hall and go STRAIGHT through the door. Can't go at an angle. Same with turning around in the room. Wife has gotten pretty good at manuevering after using one for a few trips now.The Scootaround "standard" scooter is VERY easy to turn in tight spaces. We come in the room and turn it around so we're ready to head out next time we leave the room. Backing in/out the door is kind of a trick we haven't managed yet 🙂 

Agree, seen 2 of then back into their OV and Balcony Cabins just this week. Tight but doable, they made it seen easy so not their first time

On 10/14/2023 at 5:41 PM, neverbeenhere said:

If there is money to be made, I’m all in. I will buy an extra suite and rent out space for your strollers and scooters. How much are you will to pay? Yes, for the right price I will deliver. 

I will do it for less, but strollers will come into an exclusive  inside cabin/cabins. 

• Like 1