Poll on Celebrity Cruises' President

a350flyer

How do you feel about changes made under Laura Hodges Bethge's tenure as President of Celebrity Cruises? 

Click link to vote:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PGCVLLR

Reply to the post if you'd like to comment on any changes and/or if you have any desired changes in mind.

Post response format:

List any positive changes that Laura made:

List any negative changes that Laura made:

List any desired changes you want Laura to consider:

Note: I watched the Q&A with Laura. Seems to me that the Q&A was a PR stunt to spin-off why Laura approved changes that were perceived to be cost cutting and/or "cheapening" of the Celebrity brand. Would also like to hear your summary opinion via the poll on how you feel about changes under Laura. If Celebrity is listening, the poll can hopefully summarize customer sentiment. Will post poll results in a week.

Edited by a350flyer
Word change
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Orator said:

Laura is new and beginning to reverse some changes made by LLP such as retiring Zeniiths to Retreat Lounge and bringing some items to the MDR menu. Too early to ask the question.

I disagree, if changes are being made, then it's not too early to ask the question. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sixpackeddie said:

This is a very informative video, that has fact checking. Worth watching.

I feel dumber for having watched.  I have never heard so much BS and obfuscating from Laura...  She would make a good politician though.

• Like 14
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Orator said:

Laura is new and beginning to reverse some changes made by LLP such as retiring Zeniiths to Retreat Lounge and bringing some items to the MDR menu. Too early to ask the question.

Agreed

14 minutes ago, sixpackeddie said:

This is a very informative video, that has fact checking. Worth watching.

This is spot on! Thanks!

Laura, queen of spin, embracer of squeezing every last dollar out of cruisers, redefining bad decisions to sound like a win, forging the legacy of turning celebrity cruises into the d list celebrity cruise.

• Like 9

I agree that the Q&A was total BS !!!

VERY happy about the restoration of the Retreat lounge to Zenith members.

Will have to wait and see what the menu changes are next month.. There are SO many entree's that were eliminated by LLP !!! Very sad the changes that LLP made this calendar year !!!

• Like 3

She was full of it, and would you want to trust her with your vacation?  Does she care if the product is a quality one or if you have a nice vacation??  I don't get that vibe. 

Edited by Cap_D
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, 1Virgo said:

when Laura said no changes to Aqua, she must have been speaking about since she took over. I posted previously about the changes we have experienced. 

Great video. love the fact checking

Laura probably read the Q&A script PR wrote for her and thought it was genius. Just like how she thought it would be genius to charge for a cookie. Pretty soon Celebrity will charge for luggage, toilet paper, and premium fresh air.

• Haha 2

The gratuities went up from $21 to $23/day/pp for suites.   The dedicated butler was eliminated 

The gratuities are no longer included in the perks for suites.   That adds another cost of $46/day to the cost.    

I was checking a cruise I booked in a suite to see if there was a price decrease.   The price has really increased and there is no SBC. 

She said she is giving the passengers what they want???? 

I don’t ever remember  making a comment that I wanted to pay more,  don’t include the gratuities, and eliminate the dedicated butler and SBC. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 10
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, a350flyer said:

How do you feel about changes made under Laura Hodges Bethge's tenure as President of Celebrity Cruises? 

Click link to vote:

Reply to the post if you'd like to comment on any changes and/or if you have any desired changes in mind.

Post response format:

Note: I watched the Q&A with Laura. Seems to me that the Q&A was a PR stunt to spin-off why Laura approved changes that were perceived to be cost cutting and/or "cheapening" of the Celebrity brand. Would also like to hear your summary opinion via the poll on how you feel about changes under Laura. If Celebrity is listening, the poll can hopefully summarize customer sentiment. Will post poll results in a week.

You mean summarize cruise critic poster sentiment, which is an incredibly small but vocal segment of the total celebrity passenger count -- probably not even 0.01%.   Additionally, people may vote on what they have read on these boards as opposed to what they have actually experienced.  

Curious, why survey monkey?  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

Will have to wait and see what the menu changes are next month.

Well, I wasn’t happy that fresh vegetables seem to have been eliminated from some meals in MDR.

My husband was served cake x2 instead of vegetables. We were told on one occasion the it was Sweet Corn cake!😱

I was served chickpeas with my fish.

Thereafter we made sure we asked for fresh vegetables.

What about Healthy options?

Cake is fattening.

IMG_2023.thumb.jpeg.2c7c66e251758e9d87f245d90edfdbd0.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, a350flyer said:

This is spot on! Thanks!

Laura, queen of spin, embracer of squeezing every last dollar out of cruisers, redefining bad decisions to sound like a win, forging the legacy of turning celebrity cruises into the d list celebrity cruise.

Yes, I agree. I thought this video was excellent.

12 hours ago, a350flyer said:

Click link to vote:

Post response format:

You set up a poll which is fine.  But then you add a negative comment which prejudices the poll in that direction.  Maybe a comment should have been added after you saw your poll results.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I watched the video with Laura, and couldn't believe some of her answers, especially about the butler team. She couldn't be more disconnected from reality. The same about food and why wasn't she questioned about the elimination of the OBC  for suites?

• Like 3

I found her disingenuous in her Q and A.  Honestly, she sort of made me regret having recently booked a cruise with X. 

But I will hold off full judgement until I experience the cruise first hand - there is still a few months to fix things.  If the menus are as pitiful as the samples I have seen it will certainly be our last with the line.

• Like 2