🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

What an Adventure week.  Cruising with our new CC friends, I think I finally realized what my Mom and Dad saw in their life of cruising.  They went on about 40 cruises, 35 of them on Royal.  After every single cruise, my Mom would come home  with names, addresses, and phone numbers of other couples who they ended up keeping in touch with over the years and some they cruised with multiple times…friendships that lasted throughout the rest of their lives.

Thanks to Greg @Sea Dog and Linda, Jen @jmh2006 and Dave, and Deb @Momof3gurlz and Andy for making such great memories this week.  This was our best cruise in a long time.  

• Like 19

6 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

After every single cruise, my Mom would come home  with names, addresses, and phone numbers of other couples who they ended up keeping in touch with over the years and some they cruised with multiple times…friendships that lasted throughout the rest of their lives.

IMO, this is part of the magic of cruising. Regardless of backgrounds, political/religious beliefs, etc, it’s just folks who love traveling and cruising in particular and love sharing the adventure with others.  If you’re lucky, like we are, you fall in with a group that just clicks.  The Bella thread and Dani’s thread started something really special here and I for one am thrilled to be a small part of it.  I do believe many of us will continue to cruise together for years to come.  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, doghog said:

Thanks for taking us along on your cruise. Enjoyed it.

When you have a moment you may want to consider Emailing the letter about the DL/CL you posted in this thread (spot on) to RCG and the CAS. It's great to vent on CC but needs to be escalated. 

I will do that. Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

IMO, this is part of the magic of cruising. Regardless of backgrounds, political/religious beliefs, etc, it’s just folks who love traveling and cruising in particular and love sharing the adventure with others.  If you’re lucky, like we are, you fall in with a group that just clicks.  The Bella thread and Dani’s thread started something really special here and I for one am thrilled to be a small part of it.  I do believe many of us will continue to cruise together for years to come.  

I couldn’t agree more Deb. Our group does click and it’s a great feeling. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Greg, this week went so fast! Thanks again for taking the time to do the review.   I know it takes a lot a you take it to the next level.  Have a safe trip home.  I hope you knee surgery goes well.

To the other  CCers, thanks for sharing.   It sure is fun cruising with others from CC.  A few of us will be getting together on Icon! 

I hope all of you have a safe trip home!

• Like 3

Sea Dog, thank you for the detailed review (with a ton of pix) of the Adventure.

Also, a big thanks to the other’s that sailed along that added to this fantastic review.

DW and I will be sailing on AOS for the first time this Dec for a 6nt New Years cruise and then again next May on 8nt with 2 other couples. We have been on the Mariner 5 time so I was really interested on how the were going to compare. I think the only thing I might miss is Playmakers.

I love the fact that they still have the Champagne Bar. So, between the Schooner & Champagne bar I should be able to get my Bourbon fix. I did try their new Schooner drink menu last month on the GOS and I agree that Marshmallow Old Fashion is good. I had to bring my cigar lighter for them to use to toast the marshmallow, they were trying to use a small little Bic lighter that wasn’t working.

Thank you for the heads up on the MDR, I had already purchased the 3nt DP so our plan is using our BOGO on the first two nights and the using the 3nt DP with one additional night having Sushi. This way we can skip the MDR. The only kink in my pan is the 2nd night is New Year Eve and the want $99.99 pp for their “Holiday Dinner” in Chops & $95.99 pp for Giovanni’s, and according to the website you can’t use your DP or BOGO. I’ll have to double check when we get on board.

Thank you again for the great review, I took a lot of notes. LOL

Safe travles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doghog said:

Thanks for taking us along on your cruise. Enjoyed it.

When you have a moment you may want to consider Emailing the letter about the DL/CL you posted in this thread (spot on) to RCG and the CAS. It's great to vent on CC but needs to be escalated. 

What was wrong with the letter? I thought he was allowed in the Diamond lounge?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I know we will not do Hideaway on the sailing the grandkids are along, but even those prices are twice what you are getting.   Here are some of those other crazy prices.

IMG_6410.thumb.jpeg.3023560b56c62ef47c4f0bcf728e5ade.jpeg

IMG_6411.thumb.jpeg.456bff2c3e40592fb85398387d2b9b80.jpeg

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

😨😨😨 OMG! But what is more OMG is that people seem to be paying!!!!!

You would think that people who would spend that kind of money would be more suited for Below Deck rather than RCI.🫨🫨🫨

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

You nailed it Jennifer! 
I haven’t posted much this week because we were busy having too much fun!
Our Jost Van Dyke stop and charter was one if the best cruise days I’ve ever had.  A big thank you to Greg @Sea Dog for doing the research and coordinating it all.  It was wonderful to finally meet Larry @Husky1987 and Andi. 
I can only hope Andy and I are fortunate enough to sail again with this wonderful group of people!

If you are coming home today you can look forward to temps in the 70's. I'm biking in shirts and a t-shirt.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kittymamma said:

Francis, I probably missed this info but how long after your last treatment did you start this cruise?  So happy to hear that you are eating normal foods now and having a good time on the ship.

Basically 7 days after the last the last radiation it started to improve,  After an additional week, the oncologist said we should be good to go without using the feeding tube, And that worked.  We are on our 3rd cruise, and I still have am doing well, still have saliva issues, often have to drink a lot of liquids with dryer foods.  Taste not completely returned yet, but improving.

• Like 14

Thank you @Sea Dog for taking us along.  So glad your Tortola experience exceeded your expectations.  It looked like a total blast.  Safe travels home and looking forward to seeing everyone on Bella 2.

@jmh2006 Safe travels home.  Unfortunately, I have to tell you we saw some snowflakes here in Michigan today.  ☹️.  Hope you bring some warmer weather home with you. 

@Momof3gurlz  safe travels home.  Glad you had such a great adventure.  Hopefully we’ll see you both on Bella 2.

@Husky1987  Safe travels and hope to meet you on Bella 2.

@mo&fran Prayers for good health to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Basically 7 days after the last the last radiation it started to improve,  After an additional week, the oncologist said we should be good to go without using the feeding tube, And that worked.  We are on our 3rd cruise, and I still have am doing well, still have saliva issues, often have to drink a lot of liquids with dryer foods.  Taste not completely returned yet, but improving.

Thx. I have a dear friend who is having radiation for vocal cord cancer and I hate to ask too many questions so this is helpful. So glad to hear that you are coming along nicety and hope the results are positive after the next scan 🙏.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

So happy for you that your feeding tube will be coming out at last!  How did you do eating this week?   Were you able to finally eat some bread?  Enjoy the following cruise, Fran!

I also hope your stomach issues calm down, Greg!  Safe travels today.  What day is your knee replacement scheduled for?  @Sea Dog

Still have saliva issues , but a drink helps with the bread.  They are not very generous with my favorite pumpkin seed bread, will try to influence the waiters to find more this week.  We should have our week 1 waiter back again this week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, vett3456 said:

I had to bring my cigar lighter for them to use to toast the marshmallow, they were trying to use a small little Bic lighter that wasn’t working.

OMG that’s hysterical. I did not see how they toasted mine but that’s too funny.

32 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

What was wrong with the letter? I thought he was allowed in the Diamond lounge?

Yes I was allowed but there is rumor and speculation that it may end. I just sent my editorial to the powers to be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, kittymamma said:

Thx. I have a dear friend who is having radiation for vocal cord cancer and I hate to ask too many questions so this is helpful. So glad to hear that you are coming along nicety and hope the results are positive after the next scan 🙏.

Mine was throat cancer.  I started noticing issues with swallowing during our may cruise, then felt a lump in my neck. When we got home, got right into to see PCP, and the whole treatment process.  We had 4 cruises scheduled our October, ended up having to cancel the first week.  we are now on what would have been the fourth week. 

• Like 7

@Sea Dog Thank you for taking us along ! Great review as always with so much attention to detail. It is like we were there with you . Well almost ! If only we could have reached inside our computers and grabbed one of those drinks. 

Good luck with your knee surgery on Friday.  Go in with a positive attitude.  All the best to you ! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NHProud said:

@Sea Dog Thank you for taking us along ! Great review as always with so much attention to detail. It is like we were there with you . Well almost ! If only we could have reached inside our computers and grabbed one of those drinks. 

Good luck with your knee surgery on Friday.  Go in with a positive attitude.  All the best to you ! 

Thanks Judy!

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I got Michael Bailey’s email address but does anyone know who is head of C&A and their email address?

I've sent Emails to MB and the crownandanchor@rccl.com and executiveoffice@rccl.com. Never hurts to make our voices heard. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, doghog said:

I've sent Emails to MB and the crownandanchor@rccl.com and executiveoffice@rccl.com. Never hurts to make our voices heard. 

Bottom line is that I want the company to succeed but in order to do that they must listen to their experienced long time cruisers.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Bottom line is that I want the company to succeed but in order to do that they must listen to their experienced long time cruisers.

Agree. Have you verified that you and Mrs. Sea Dog have your Celebrity Captain Club Numbers? 

• Like 1