Suites

2flacruisers

We've never had a Sky Suite before and decided now was the time.  We booked a Guarantee Suite, and were assigned cabin 8121 (handicapped accessible), but we are not in need of this type of room.  We are wondering that if another person would require this room, would be reassigned?  Anyone have this type of situation?

24 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

We've never had a Sky Suite before and decided now was the time.  We booked a Guarantee Suite, and were assigned cabin 8121 (handicapped accessible), but we are not in need of this type of room.  We are wondering that if another person would require this room, would be reassigned?  Anyone have this type of situation?

There are 3 non-accessible S1 cabins currently available on your sailing. If it were me, I would call to see if I could switch cabins to one of those.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It’s unlikely that someone who wants an accessible suite would book quite so last minute, so you will probably keep that room

You know, I was thinking the same thing but there are probably many 'last minute' injuries that maybe the OP could pull that off,. and X has last mininte people that need an accessible.  I've heard pickle ball  is a problem that way.  OP I would hit X up on it and see what they say. 

I would check how many SS are available just the day before I get on this cruise. Pick the suite that works for you and note down the suite no.

On embarkation, I would go straight to Retreat Concierge, give them the suite no that you want to switch to and ask whether is it possible to switch suites. 

That may possibly work out.

Alternatively, no harm to call 1-888-RETREAT to ask to ask about the possibility.

• Like 3

Since your cabin has been assigned and there are others still vacant, go ahead and call to request a switch to another.  It works best if you tell them which cabin you'd prefer and be quick because move-ups are opening soon.  I won't cruise in either 8121/5 again (balcony isn't very private).  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

Since your cabin has been assigned and there are others still vacant, go ahead and call to request a switch to another.  It works best if you tell them which cabin you'd prefer and be quick because move-ups are opening soon.  I won't cruise in either 8121/5 again (balcony isn't very private).  

Is that because of the elevator next door?  (would not bother me.)

It is not uncommon to get an accessible suite when booking a Guarantee.   Keep an eye out and if another SkySuite comes available call you agent or Celebrity and change rooms if you don't want it.  Remember -- if a SS2 you will have to find a SS2 room. or SS1 for SS1

• Like 2

At the moment, 6102, 6118 and 6119 are available in your category on your sailing. Just call Celebrity and ask to change your suite. When I've done it in the past, it took just 5 minutes. No hassle, as long as the change is for a different cabin in the same category. Happy sailing!

What ship are we talking about?

We did a move up on Beyond and were given an accessible SS.  It was HUGE.  The shower had a curtain but drained better than on other ships reported here on CC.  Apparently drainage is a problem in some accessible showers.

31 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What ship are we talking about?

We did a move up on Beyond and were given an accessible SS.  It was HUGE.  The shower had a curtain but drained better than on other ships reported here on CC.  Apparently drainage is a problem in some accessible showers.

Summit

We had an accessible sky suite on an S class ship.  The room is larger, but the bathroom is really not for a person not in a wheel chair.  The sink is low, the mirror is low, and the shower had no lip so the floor flooded.  Also, no real bathroom storage- if you can change try to- either on board or via a call.  Good luck.  

I hope you can change.

Summit has some quirky cabin issues. One time, 15 day RT Hawaii we had a regular cabin next to a suite. Our balc was tiny  & pie shaped (room for one seated or two only standing)..looking right into a suite next door. Was not marked as limited..  Our TA had no idea!

We could not switch, but  as soon as  we got home,  we were able to change out the same cabin set up on a future cruise.

Good luck