Live from Celebrity Eclipse on a 6 day cruise from L.A. to Cabo..,

Stockjock

8 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Just add one more comment, Clyde the assistant, housekeeping, supervisor, just came by again, and he offered to book a specialty restaurant for us, and I accepted his offer, which was very nice. And we had a very pleasant conversation about some of the things that I’ve discussed here, particularly attention to detail.

I told him that I did not want to get anybody into trouble, but I thought that there were some areas that they could button up a little bit.

It’s terrible that you had a repeat of the flushing issue, especially at 2 AM!  You certainly sound pretty patient; glad Clyde recognized this.  Hope these problems are resolved by May!  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

sadly, I think the cabin issues are just "luck of the draw".  We were on the Eclipse earlier this month and thankfully had no issues (except the "premium Wi-Fi" in our cabin was horrible).

Sometimes that’s true. As I mentioned, we were on Infinity last month and we had a lot of ice cold showers. I don’t think that was just our cabin, though, I suspect it had to do with the age of the ship.

9 hours ago, AMediator said:

If this happened in a hotel not only would you be moved to a suite but you would get a credit.  I would be moving up the management food chain on this one. I find this toilet issue 100 unacceptable.  

In agreement with others, suggest going directly to the Hotel Director as soon as you are able. He must be made aware of the issue and the lack of response to fix the problem. You need a fairly substantial compensation for your trouble and their rude treatment across the board from plumbers to Guest Services. Please do keep us informed as those of us booked on Eclipse for future cruises I'm sure are interested in how they address this. This is not the X that we have experienced before, not even close.

You should report the sliding door issue  asap.. perhaps it was a  quick fix by the last passenger in the room.   Sounds like an easy maint fix if you report it.

Lack of towels and bath mat?

.Just dial housekeeping or guest services to request them or take an extra from the pool.

Hope you are not going to tip your attendant any extra $  for sub standard service!

Just a suggestion if still having problem with plumbing.  Either leave a written Attention to Detail form at the front desk or fill out the Electronic Version -  Usually they have a QR code for it around mid cruise.   It is immediately received by the Hotel Director. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just a suggestion if still having problem with plumbing.  Either leave a written Attention to Detail form at the front desk or fill out the Electronic Version -  Usually they have a QR code for it around mid cruise.   It is immediately received by the Hotel Director. 

That's a good suggestion for all as I don't recall being aware of that but will certainly keep it in mind. I will say on our Edge B2B TA my wife filled out the first leg survey noting the lack of choices in the ships store (clothing) and the entire staff, to include management, fell all over her to try and rectify any issues. Our dedicated Butler and the Retreat Concierges even knew about it and followed up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Sometimes that’s true. As I mentioned, we were on Infinity last month and we had a lot of ice cold showers. I don’t think that was just our cabin, though, I suspect it had to do with the age of the ship.

You should seriously consider sending both a DM to Celebrity's X/twitter account and email the exec office with pics/videos.  Not only would this be your best odds of getting it fixed ASAP but they'll probably throw in an OBC for your next sailing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDPCruisers said:

That's a good suggestion for all as I don't recall being aware of that but will certainly keep it in mind. I will say on our Edge B2B TA my wife filled out the first leg survey noting the lack of choices in the ships store (clothing) and the entire staff, to include management, fell all over her to try and rectify any issues. Our dedicated Butler and the Retreat Concierges even knew about it and followed up. 

How did they get extra clothing in the store.   I didn’t know they could add stock during a cruise.

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

@Stockjock The menu you posted is one of the ones I look most forward to.  I have been known to consume two servings of the spicy Louisiana Gumbo! 

I tried the gumbo for the first time, and I did think it was pretty good. I guess one of my complaints about the food is not only the overall deterioration and quality but they put a lot of salt in the stuff apparently. I had a swelling of the annkles and feet, which I know was due to sodium.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I appreciate your suggestion, and I did find the QR code in the daily program, and I did submit some comments. I was hesitant to leave it at the front desk since a couple of those comments were perhaps a bit critical of the front desk.  So I think the electronic version works better.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

In agreement with others, suggest going directly to the Hotel Director as soon as you are able. He must be made aware of the issue and the lack of response to fix the problem. You need a fairly substantial compensation for your trouble and their rude treatment across the board from plumbers to Guest Services. Please do keep us informed as those of us booked on Eclipse for future cruises I'm sure are interested in how they address this. This is not the X that we have experienced before, not even close.

I mentioned earlier that I am going on Ascent in 2024, so maybe they could throw some OBC onto that booking.

They will send us to Murano tomorrow night, so while I’m not sure it fully makes up for things, at least it is a step in the right direction.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 3

Since I’ve got some gripes going on, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to call attention to the staff in the World Class Bar, as they are outstanding. I will have to find their names, but their pictures are shown from a couple of nights ago.

There is a young lady, I think she’s from Indonesia, and a taller gentleman from India. But they both are very personable and they each make a terrific drink. I really like the concept of that bar, and if you want a legit top-quality craft cocktail, I think that’s the place to go. 

Maybe I will repost their photos, just for the hell of it.

OK I just looked at the photo a little closer and I guess that she is Eka and he is Prathamesh.

IMG_0326.jpeg

IMG_0327.jpeg

IMG_0329.jpeg

IMG_0328.jpeg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

35 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I tried the gumbo for the first time, and I did think it was pretty good. I guess one of my complaints about the food is not only the overall deterioration and quality but they put a lot of salt in the stuff apparently. I had a swelling of the annkles and feet, which I know was due to sodium.

I have experienced swelling in my extremities even before I had the gumbo so I am pretty certain it is the food in general and not specifically the gumbo. 

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

I have experienced swelling in my extremities even before I had the gumbo so I am pretty certain it is the food in general and not specifically the gumbo. 

Unfortunately, I have type two diabetes and a low level diabetic kidney disease.  Fortunately, it seems to be fairly well-controlled at the moment, but there is no denying that I have a minor impairment to my kidneys, and I noticed that I get significant swelling when the food is really salty. So I experienced that last night.

Just now, Stockjock said:

Unfortunately, I have type two diabetes and a low level diabetic kidney disease.  Fortunately, it seems to be fairly well-controlled at the moment, but there is no denying that I have a minor impairment to my kidneys, and I noticed that I get significant swelling when the food is really salty. So I experienced that last night.

I completely understand as I am also type two diabetic and often have the same reaction to the foods onboard ships. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I mentioned earlier that I am going on Ascent in 2024, so maybe they could throw some OBC onto that booking.

They will send us to Murano tomorrow night, so while I’m not sure it fully makes up for things, at least it is a step in the right direction.

tell them up front...low salt!

that's why we like BLU  ..lower salt and we get all sauces and gravy on the side...soups are a salt trap!

as you know...drink lots of  pure water to flush out  kidneys

Edited by hcat
  • Like 3

One other positive that I wanted to mention, was to contrast the waiting time to get a table at dinner on this sailing, versus last month’s sailing on Celebrity Infinity.  

Last month, they took my set late dining reservation and changed it to anytime dining without telling me. Then, there were massive lines of frustrated, hungry guests, waiting impatiently for dining, and anytime dining could be a 20 or 30 minutes wait, or more.

They told us they gave us a set table for the duration, but then somebody else was in it and it got to the point where my girlfriend was crying because they were handing us a pager and telling us we we didn’t have a table anymore and weren’t going to be seated until about closing time or perhaps even after closing time, 30 to 40 minutes from what we thought was our set dining time. And as I mentioned then, she doesn’t cry easily, but she was all dressed up and made up for elegant night, and she was so frustrated about our dinner experience every evening. 

Fast forward to this trip on Eclipse and none of that is happening. The Anytime dining is handled relatively quickly and efficiently. There is no massive line and no massive back up. We’ve been seated pretty quickly each of the times that we’ve dined in the MDR thus far, and tonight, hopefully that will be the same situation. 

Because I sailed only about a month ago on Infinity out of Europe, it’s pretty easy to contrast it to this particular sailing, even though one is European, and this one, of course, is a Mexican Riviera trip.  But they definitely do the seating better in the main dining room on Eclipse versus Infinity. Or at least that was our experience.

The first picture is just a general shot of the main dining room here on Eclipse and the second shows the kind of lines that we had to wait in to get a table on Infinity, which was completely unacceptable.  As you might be able to tell, I really don’t get upset very easily, but I have to tell you I was pissed off on Infinity.  At that time, we were trying to sit down for a nice dinner, and for the third night in a row, they had screwed up our reservations and here I’ve got my girlfriend crying on formal night. It was really irritating, but again I’m not seeing anything like that on the sailing, fortunately.

IMG_0318.jpeg

IMG_9118.jpeg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am sorry for the issues you faced, especially the toilet one and how it was  handled.  I appreciate the balanced review you are providing. I agree contacting the Hotel Manager is a good idea. He seemed to be a very personable guy who seems to take his job seriously.

As to sailing Eclipse in general, just got off of her Sunday after a b2b of 14 days total. We had zero issues of any consequence. We were in two separate cabins, a Sky suite on 12 and a corner Sunset Sky on 9. We had some noise issues with the first one - carts rolling from around 3 am on. Luckily not loud enough to cause us to lose sleep, but a bit annoying. Our stream Wi-Fi was not as good as we’ve experienced on some ships, but not that bad. We had a lot of fog on our 2nd cruise which might have worsened the reception.  Service and food overall were great. We ate in Luminae with an occasional stop at the buffet for lunch. We noticed some wear and tear here and there but we felt she was overall in good shape. We dined in both Tuscan and Murano and enjoyed both. 

I am writing this mainly to ally concerns of future passengers. Not denying at all the issues mentioned, just saying I think they were more the exception than the rule. 

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Tonight was an elegant night, and I would say in general the food was very good. The service was excellent. And I also enjoyed the show before dinner. If you have any questions just ask.

IMG_0559.jpeg

IMG_0562.jpeg

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

IMG_0573.jpeg

IMG_0574.jpeg

IMG_0577.jpeg

IMG_0580.jpeg

IMG_0581.jpeg

IMG_0582.jpeg

IMG_0584.jpeg

IMG_0585.jpeg

IMG_0586.jpeg

IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_0589.jpeg

IMG_0590.jpeg

IMG_0591.jpeg

IMG_0592.jpeg

IMG_0593.jpeg

IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_0595.jpeg

IMG_0597.jpeg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Stockjock said:

1 minute ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Oh my gosh! That's a long line and completely unacceptable!!

Be careful of the ship’s water if you’re prone to swollen ankles.

• Like 1