New Elite benefit

cbfb

4 minutes ago, cbfb said:

End of the third paragraph;

additionally , drinks will still be available at bars and lounges throughout the ship daily by presenting your Seapass card if you prefer not to use the designated lounge space. 

It still doesn't say in addition to daily drinks. It just means you can go elsewhere. Same unlimited drinks, same hours.

Edited by 2chiefs
  • Like 2

Just now, George C said:

Just got same email , since we book suites we will not really need this.

We book suites as well and in the past we still attended this, although I did use the Premium drink package to get better drinks.  The Sky View Lounge was a convenient place to get away to while my DW was getting ready for Dinner. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, George C said:

Just got same email , since we book suites we will not really need this.

Unless you want to join us for some camaraderie and chit chat!!! We always get the drink package so we don't need it either, but we like to socialize with frequent cruisers.

Edited by 2chiefs
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Thanks. We didn't know that history. We just started sailing Celebrity a few years ago.

some of us go way back with X..but I am sure there's a way to return some old perks without hurting others!

Hope you continue to enjoy X!

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We book suites as well and in the past we still attended this, although I did use the Premium drink package to get better drinks.  The Sky View Lounge was a convenient place to get away to while my DW was getting ready for Dinner. 

You get the premium drink package and drink Boone's Farm?? 🙂 

8 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

It still doesn't say in addition to daily drinks. It just means you can go elsewhere. Same unlimited drinks, same hours.

I think it’s implied especially because it states daily where this is just a few nights. But we shall see. 

Just now, cbfb said:

I think it’s implied especially because it states daily where this is just a few nights. But we shall see. 

I guess I'm confused. The Elite Plus benefit is unlimited rinks between 5-7 daily (anywhere except Martini Bar etc). There are a few days designated to Elite Plus in a specific lounge which will also be between 5-7 so I'm not getting what you are saying. The drinks are the same no matter where you get them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

I guess I'm confused. The Elite Plus benefit is unlimited rinks between 5-7 daily (anywhere except Martini Bar etc). There are a few days designated to Elite Plus in a specific lounge which will also be between 5-7 so I'm not getting what you are saying. The drinks are the same no matter where you get them.

I think maybe we are saying the same thing but different ways! The way I read it is that the evenings with a specific lounge are in addition to the daily 5-7 unlimited drink benefit. I think it’s just to give people another way to socialize and have a few free drinks together. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, someguyfl said:

Wonder what the first day will be, I’m on a B2B starting December 23 on Eclipse, until Jan 20. 

I’m hoping it’s January 1st since it says starting January 2024. We are on the Beyond January 2nd. 

Did not take long for the "boo birds" to come out. It's human nature that for some folks, anything is not enough. Not the right venue, not the right time, not the right amount of time, not the right food, not the right drink, not the right presentation, not the right lighting, not the right deck, not the right temperature..........I'm sure I missed some. Probably the best alternative, is not to attend.    

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, cbfb said:

End of the third paragraph;

additionally , drinks will still be available at bars and lounges throughout the ship daily by presenting your Seapass card if you prefer not to use the designated lounge space. 

That to me reads; you can get drinks at any bar using your seapass As Well As using your seapass in this designated area.

I think if it was free flow in this lounge it would have been specifically spelt out. 

🤷‍♀️

5-7 is far too early for us for evening drinks anyway so it won’t effect us, but we appreciate X trying to introduce ( reintroduce ) the lounge area for loyalty guests 

Edited by little britain

2 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Did not take long for the "boo birds" to come out. It's human nature that for some folks, anything is not enough. Not the right venue, not the right time, not the right amount of time, not the right food, not the right presentation, not the right lighting, not the right deck, not the right temperature..........I'm sure I missed some. Probably the best alternative, is not to attend.    

Right?!!! 

• Like 1

Elite Happy hour used to be in the Sky Lounge, until there were too many Elites, so that was when they moved Happy Hour to any bar, except the World class bar.

The email is also out of date, I was awarded the Captains Club points today for the latest webinar, but those points have not been added!😱

Edited by upwarduk

9 minutes ago, jking325y said:

I’m E+ and traveling with a friend with no status.  Will she be able to come to the lounge with me?  If so, how does that work for drinks?

Friends staying in the same cabin may attend with you but they do not receive the free drinks.  If she orders a drink she will be charged for it.  At least that is how it has worked for others so far.  Given it's in a dedicated venue I guess it would depend on how close they are checking cards.  

14 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Did not take long for the "boo birds" to come out. It's human nature that for some folks, anything is not enough. Not the right venue, not the right time, not the right amount of time, not the right food, not the right drink, not the right presentation, not the right lighting, not the right deck, not the right temperature..........I'm sure I missed some. Probably the best alternative, is not to attend.    

I think you need to upgrade your browser because it is showing things that just aren't there.  I see lots of things like it's a nice gesture, looks like they are doing things for loyal cruisers, good for camaraderie, appreciate X reintroducing the lounge.

Lots of positive comments.

Can't find much of the one's you tout.

30 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

You get the premium drink package and drink Boone's Farm?? 🙂 

No, Boone's Farm was from my Navy days.  We use to host a "happy hour" for the CPO Mess onboard at the various club the shipped pulled into with free pupu's and open bar for the Chief's.  We once drank Subic Naval base CPO Club completely out of Wild Mountain Grape and Strawberry Hill.  Did I mentioned our "happy hour" was from opening to closing? 

I just got my letter. I am very happy. On my last cruise that had the happy hour event we not only connected with passengers but also had some wonderful talks with the crew. We have late dinner, the drinks and snacks were really good. It was in the sky lounge. On my last two cruises we still went to the sky lounge for pre dinner drinks but there was very few people there but still got to know the bartender. The bartender told me the sky lounge is only busy during events. Twice a cruise seems like a nice compromise in what ever venue they decide to use. It might also decrease the congestion at some of the other venues around the ship.  ( I can never get near the martini bar it’s always packed) 

• Like 1