PJs for Christmas breakfast?

CJHAN

I'm going to be honest with y'all at this point and say that basically the entire time I'm on a Carnival cruise ship, including elegant night, I'm in pajamas.

I don't mean like "ma in her kerchief and I in my cap" pajamas (I don't own anything like that), but lounge clothes. Loose-fitting t-shirts, drawstring shorts, slides, etc.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Look at that family creating memories together, having a great time, and absolutely not bothering anyone. Have you ever seen anything so tacky?!?!

I don't think it's any more tacky than families wearing identical shirts with "Smith Summer Cruise, 2023" or the bachelor groups or the bacherlorette parties with their skimpy outfits. Even though it's tacky, it warms my heart to see people making nice memories.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I'm going to be honest with y'all at this point and say that basically the entire time I'm on a Carnival cruise ship, including elegant night, I'm in pajamas.

I don't mean like "ma in her kerchief and I in my cap" pajamas (I don't own anything like that), but lounge clothes. Loose-fitting t-shirts, drawstring shorts, slides, etc.

I've complained before about having to wear full fire resistant stuff in the Utah desert heat....that's my excuse for wearing lounge clothing when off duty.  It's not a great excuse but my wife accepts it, so far anyway.

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

Pictures or it didn't happen...

On 11/14/2023 at 11:05 AM, CJHAN said:

What's you guys thought on this. As Tradition my family meets up on Christmas open gifts and have breakfast in our PJs. Would this be weird on ship? Particularly in the dining room on seaday breakfast.

Not allowed in dining room

Maybe do something in cabins prior

This has nothing to do with Christmas but I have several pair of pjs that look just like regular clothes (black capri bottoms and matching striped/floral top).  Very useful for nipping out of the cabin first thing in the morning to fetch coffee and danish.  You would never think they are not "real" clothes. 

• Like 1

Would I wear pj's in the MDR no but you do you and enjoy yourself. I run a retail store and almost on a daily basis I see people shopping in their pjs. Not just kids either but adults both male and female in pjs and slippers. Decorum has certainly changed over the years, and even though I might judge them slightly silently, I would not let it ruin my enjoyment of my Christmas brunch. 

I was a on Celebrity cruise once where there was an early morning coffee station near my room. I am an early riser and liked to go and get a coffee and read there when I got up. There was one guy that came through every morning in his PJ's, robe, and slippers. Personally, it felt uncomfortable to me - but he clearly didn't have a problem treating the ship like his home. 

I would wear clothes around the ship like I would in a public place at home. I wouldn't wear lounge wear, fitness gear, or swim wear just to walk around. If someone else is comfortable dressing and acting like they are in their family room, go for it. 

Edited by sanger727

I'm with the group that it's not appropriate to wear night clothes to a restaurant. That's what you are doing. I'm all for people having fun and no it wouldn't at all "ruin" my cruise. But I would think your parents didn't teach you manners.

We adjust what we do in public vs. at home. I wear my "junk" clothes at home around my hubby and I. I don't wear them when we have guests or family over... Or when we travel in our RV. I don't even open our windows until I'm fully dressed. I don't want the family next to me to see me in my PJ's. Plus they may not want to see that..... :classic_blink: That's just me. 

Like others have said you can have a great time in one of the families bigger room and open your gifts in private. That will allow you to burp or fart or be loud.:classic_biggrin: Then spend 5-10 minutes getting dressed and head to the main dining room for your breakfast. 

Hope you have fun on your cruise, what ever you decide to do...

Some of these replies make me wonder if they've been on a recent Carnival cruise. 😂 We've never been on a cruise on Christmas day but we've cruised on Carnival in mid-December for the past couple years and will be on Celebration in a couple weeks. The last two December cruises we saw lots of varying holiday clothes - including Christmas PJs - throughout the week. We didn't go to the MDR for breakfast so not sure if it happened there but I specifically recall seeing PJs at night near the Center Stage area. I love to see people having fun so I thought it was great.

Edited by Knights on the Beach

On 11/21/2023 at 9:25 PM, Kudos2Fly said:

I'm with the group that it's not appropriate to wear night clothes to a restaurant. That's what you are doing. I'm all for people having fun and no it wouldn't at all "ruin" my cruise. But I would think your parents didn't teach you manners.

We adjust what we do in public vs. at home. I wear my "junk" clothes at home around my hubby and I. I don't wear them when we have guests or family over... Or when we travel in our RV. I don't even open our windows until I'm fully dressed. I don't want the family next to me to see me in my PJ's. Plus they may not want to see that..... :classic_blink: That's just me. 

Like others have said you can have a great time in one of the families bigger room and open your gifts in private. That will allow you to burp or fart or be loud.:classic_biggrin: Then spend 5-10 minutes getting dressed and head to the main dining room for your breakfast. 

Hope you have fun on your cruise, what ever you decide to do...

Agree, do not care what day it is….