Regent Grandeur Now a Regent Ship

DeepFreeze63

But for the most part, that's why we like it!

We'll be off on the QM2 in a couple of weeks. Talk about a cross section of clothing....Thank God we don't have to fly. We've got formal stuff weighing a ton, sort of dressy, dressy, shorts, bathing suits, and the beat goes on.....On that ship, we'll see everything from the "Royal look" to truck driver garb...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morfrost2 said:

Rather not have a missile land on their ship

29 minutes ago, eric4395 said:

Hi My wife and I will be on a 12 night cruise from Miami  on Grandeur next Nov 24. First time with Regent, Flying from the UK  is there a requirement to wear a jacket at anytime on the cruise.

No. At least on our past 4 cruises. I refuse to wear a jacket and tie since retirement. 

• Like 2

No requirement for a jacket but most will wear a sport coat on the 2nd night ("Captain's dinner"). No "Formal Optional: on a 12 night Regent cruise. Indoor venues will be cool (to frigid) so I always wear along sleeve shirt at dinner often with either a light sweater or a sport coat.

1 hour ago, eric4395 said:

Hi My wife and I will be on a 12 night cruise from Miami  on Grandeur next Nov 24. First time with Regent, Flying from the UK  is there a requirement to wear a jacket at anytime on the cruise.

No requirement.  But, on our recent Explorer cruise I would say conservatively that 10-15% of men did have sport jackets on in the specialty restaurants.  I would say a much smaller number had ties - maybe one or two persons per night.     The longer cruises are said to have a formal night but even that seems to be optional.  Even if you choose to bring a jacket, don't bring a tie.

Watched the Christening this afternoon. It was very well done. Some of the speeches were a bit long. We should all wish Andrea the best. 

The entertainment with Kristin was great. 

The only thing I would like to see are some real videos of the ship! Before we board in a week, I would love to see the things that will interest me. 

Edited by Snh lname
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snh lname said:

Watched the Christening this afternoon. It was very well done. Some of the speeches were a bit long. We should all wish Andrea the best. 

The entertainment with Kristin was great. 

The only thing I would like to see are some real videos of the ship! Before we board in a week, I would love to see the things that will interest me. 

I appreciate that, but we're quite the opposite.  We're looking forward to being filled with surprise, wonder, and awe.

(The Oxford comma lives on!) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KenzSailing said:

I appreciate that, but we're quite the opposite.  We're looking forward to being filled with surprise, wonder, and awe.

I can experience surprise, wonder and awe even though I know beforehand how awesome it is. My wife and I were in awe of the Prayer Wheels outside Pacific Rim on Explorer. We saw it in a video, but being face to face was awe inspiring. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

OT but agree with you completely.

Now, getting down to brass tacks... how do you write possessive form for names ending in "s"? I have strong opinions on this (as a mother of a child whose name ends in "s"!) 

ON topic... when will we start seeing some reviews of individual rooms? I sail Jan 8th and don't yet have a room assigned but hopefully we'll see some details coming soon. Need something to make it through the doom and gloom of the next 4 weeks of cold and nasty weather.

2 hours ago, jwas1 said:

We have done 15+ cruises on RSSC. Our cruise on Grandeur in January 24 will be our first 16 day cruise where there are two optional formal nights. How many men actually wear tuxes on those nights?

Did not see one on the crossing 

very few ties

Can't speak for anyone else but DH will be in a tux at least one night of our January Grandeur sailing (and likely two, if we're bothering to drag it on.)  Other nights may vary from simply slacks/collared shirt to a sport coat... he's deciding if he should also bring a suit or not.  With so many sea days we have nothing to do but dress up I guess?

17 hours ago, jwas1 said:

We have done 15+ cruises on RSSC. Our cruise on Grandeur in January 24 will be our first 16 day cruise where there are two optional formal nights. How many men actually wear tuxes on those nights?

First Formal Optional night on Mariner last night and many were much dressier than a normal evening. 
Men’s attire ranged from dinner suits, jackets, bow ties, straight ties, a couple of kaftans and a kilt.

Being a Christmas/New Year cruise more guests tend to bring their finery.

• Like 1

We had a terrific fun and interesting activity on the Grandeur TA that will probably be repeated on the cruises between Miami and LA - an Art Scavenger Hunt. About 54 items of ship's art /decor to be located via clues from photograph snippets. Not easy but a terrific way to appreciate what thought went into the Grandeur's outfitting. Developed by Asst CD.

• Like 1