Regent Grandeur Now a Regent Ship

DeepFreeze63

Regent website today issued a press statement (Press and News section) that they have taken possession of the Grandeur.  "Cruise Ports" tracking shows her still in Ancona.

We're packed and, volcano willing, will leave Thursday PM for Venice and Saturday transfer to port of Trieste. We've been on Explorer and Splendor (including the inaugural cruise) and are "anxious" to experience the Grandeur.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

Regent website today issued a press statement (Press and News section) that they have taken possession of the Grandeur.  "Cruise Ports" tracking shows her still in Ancona.

We're packed and, volcano willing, will leave Thursday PM for Venice and Saturday transfer to port of Trieste. We've been on Explorer and Splendor (including the inaugural cruise) and are "anxious" to experience the Grandeur.

Enjoy, and be sure to tell us all about it!

Maybe we’ll get some nice professional tour videos of the ship. I am particularly interested in seeing what sculpture Regent puts in front of Pacific Rim. Those sculptures are the most beautiful. Also the sculpture in the staircase leading to the gym.

We’re booked on the Christmas/New Year’s cruise through the canal.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Snh lname said:

Maybe we’ll get some nice professional tour videos of the ship. I am particularly interested in seeing what sculpture Regent puts in front of Pacific Rim. Those sculptures are the most beautiful. Also the sculpture in the staircase leading to the gym.

We’re booked on the Christmas/New Year’s cruise through the canal.

What difference do sculptures make?  I want service, food, accommodations.  Forget any fancy eggs unless I can eat them.

Grandeur now expected to arrive in Trieste 5am local time on the 18th.  

Edited by mrlevin
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, mrlevin said:

What difference do sculptures make?  I want service, food, accommodations.  Forget any fancy eggs unless I can eat them.

Pardon my saying this, but on RSSC the food, fabulous service and accommodations are a given.

I have never been disappointed with onboard stuff. I’m into aesthetics. This will be my fifth RSSC cruise, second on a ship with a Pacific Rim. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Snh lname said:

I am particularly interested in seeing what sculpture Regent puts in front of Pacific Rim.

Ask and you shall receive!

More details on other art pieces may be found here:
https://www.rssc.com/news/details?newsid=294641

RSSC_GRANDEUR_PACIFIC_RIM_DETAILS_0110.jpg

Edited by Mike Moore
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, Snh lname said:

Pardon my saying this, but on RSSC the food, fabulous service and accommodations are a given.

I have never been disappointed with onboard stuff. I’m into aesthetics. This will be my fifth RSSC cruise, second on a ship with a Pacific Rim. 

That bonsai cherry tree is beautiful.  I agree with you.  The first thing I do on a new ship is check out the art.  On one small ship, they had an activity to identify the art.  It was a great idea because I visited places on the ship I wouldn't normally visit.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Snh lname said:

I would agree with your statement until we were on one of the new ships. We have been sailing with Regent for 12 years. That has always been our experience on the older ships….great food service and staff!

However, on the Splendor for the first time on one of the new ships in Dec, sure it is a beautiful shinny new ship, but the food and service was below par. I can definitely do without all the special dinning venues if the main dinning room food choices and service suffers and it definitely did in Dec. The specialities were crowded and noisy and hard to get a table past the first tine. The food was over done, service slow. All the money spent on fine art and glitter does not mean a thing to us if the staff is short handed which seemed to be the case. Are they having to cut staff to pay for all the glitter and shinny makes one wonder….?
Two days later after boarding the Navigator we found the Regent we know and love. Attentive staff, many food choices in the CR that were only served in the speciality venues on the Splendor and food of good quality.

• Like 1

I can only say we were very pleased with Explorer (the only newer ship) we were on. Service was fine and food very delicious. We were then on Navigator, Mariner and then Voyager. Those ships were also up to snuff. The Prime 7 on Voyager was very small, crowded and noisy. 

We would not be back for cruise 5 if we weren’t fully satisfied with the service, food and accommodations. We have had staff recognize us and we recognize them from cruise to cruise. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boats07 said:

Lots of videos and daily blogs would be appreciated!!!!!   

Enjoy and have wonderful travels.

Definitely…. It seems like there have been to many not so wonderful comments about the other two newer ships recently.  We have a TA booked on the Grandor in ‘25 so a long time to wait for our trun.