Regent Grandeur Now a Regent Ship

DeepFreeze63

11 hours ago, pappy1022 said:

Really? Hasn’t been my recent experience and many others have commented that the food & service has degraded in the last couple of years. The food is OK to very good at times but is inconsistent. The service is also inconsistent with pockets of great service and in the case of Destination Services downright poor. I would agree with others that I don’t get any value out of expensive paintings and statues and would rather Regent spend their money to improve services and food and/or pay down their outrageous debt incurred during COVID. BUT, to each his own.

Food is very subjective.  We were on Navigator in 2022 for 40 nights and loved every part of the cruise.  The food was great!  Then again, I didn't get this "sexy body" by being picky.  So maybe I'm just easier to please.  

But to your comment that you "don’t get any value out of expensive paintings and statues," I would bet that isn't true.  I've sailed on Carnival and thought the food and service was wonderful.  But the decor of the ships, to me, is very "Las Vegas" like.  Lots of neon and glitz.  No luxury at all.  And I bet if Regent took your advice, sold off all the artwork, got rid of the beautiful decor, put cheaper furniture in the cabins, even keeping the comfortable beds, put in basic dining tables, no flowers, no linen table cloths, no Versace chargers, cheaper glassware, etc. but "upped" the service and food to your specifications, then you'd be wondering what's so "luxurious" about a ship with none of the above mentioned decor and luxury?  So honestly, at least for me, I want all the beautiful and upscale decor.  I want to feel I'm sailing in a high class ship.  Otherwise I'd book Carnival.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mike Moore said:

The "if" is a yes, but I'm afraid right now I don't have a timeline for which ship will be second, or the rest of the fleet.

Onboard Grandeur now....downloaded the app...tells me to "connect to ship's wifi" (which I already AM) and can get nowhere from there.....guess I will gave to visit internet guy this morning.   🙄

8 hours ago, The716 said:

papaflamingo - you are always a voice of reason on this board. Hoping to cross paths with you on Grandeur in January.

Thank you... but I'm pretty sure my wife will disagree about me being a "voice of reason" (a few people on here too). 😜 

Definitely looking forward to Grandeur.  if you happen to see me, for sure say hello!  😎

• Like 1

19 hours ago, eric4395 said:

Wife and I  from the UK looking to go on this ship Nov 2024 12 nights Beauty in Bonaire cruise from Miami.

This would be the most expensive cruise we have ever booked, it's for my 70th birthday but looking at the many negative reviews on quite a few different sites about Regent  it's putting us off now. .

Thanks everyone for the  positive replies you have swayed us and we have went ahead and booked it at very reasonable price deluxe verandah and business class flights from the UK. Never been to Miami before 

Only 12 months to wait tho,😀

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Onboard Grandeur now....downloaded the app...tells me to "connect to ship's wifi" (which I already AM) and can get nowhere from there.....guess I will gave to visit internet guy this morning.   🙄

Yes - please do that. This cruise is the first one where the app could be tested at full-scale, so appreciate your patience as whatever bugs are ironed out.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rcandkc said:

No, reports of onboard?

Am on board. Ship is a SUPER WOW! MY favorite ship was the Splendor (3 cruises) but now is the Grandeur - after 2 days! 

CR is like a fairy tale setting and food has been outstanding.

Several workmen aboard  fixing things as Grandeur gets accustomed to the seas. My specific nits are : door bell inoperative and toilet is finiky.

First night we had one of the 6 new production numbers  - high energy pirate theme - terrific.

Internet AOK but we're in Kotor and surrounded by mountains.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

Am on board. Ship is a SUPER WOW! MY favorite ship was the Splendor (3 cruises) but now is the Grandeur - after 2 days! 

CR is like a fairy tale setting and food has been outstanding.

Several workmen aboard  fixing things as Grandeur gets accustomed to the seas. My specific nits are : door bell inoperative and toilet is finiky.

First night we had one of the 6 new production numbers  - high energy pirate theme - terrific.

Internet AOK but we're in Kotor and surrounded by mountains.

Thank you for the report. Sounds wonderful. Hope we see some pix or videos soon. 

Hopefully the punch list will be minimal when we board in Miami on 12/21!

The ship is stunning. Compass Rose is very light and airy. The serving stations are around the perimeter so much less dish noise in the dining room. There are etched glass panels over the exterior walls so no real window views. Seating in the theater is more spread out and getting to middle seats is much easier. Lots of light colored wood throughout the ship. The internet is much better. We have an F2 suite. 

IMG_0646.jpeg

IMG_0645.jpeg

IMG_0625.jpeg

IMG_0627.jpeg

IMG_0647.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1