Regent Grandeur Now a Regent Ship

DeepFreeze63

2 minutes ago, Jimmcdaniel said:

Maybe I spoke too soon about the internet. Mike Moore’s video won’t load for me. I didn’t buy the enhanced internet package. 

We have $2,200 in onboard credit ($2,000 of which is use-it-or-lose-it), so we plan on upgrading Internet, maybe wines, and a few spa services. 

1 minute ago, GMIAC said:

We have $2,200 in onboard credit ($2,000 of which is use-it-or-lose-it), so we plan on upgrading Internet, maybe wines, and a few spa services. 

1 minute ago, GMIAC said:

Sounds like a great problem!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jimmcdaniel said:

The ship is stunning. Compass Rose is very light and airy. The serving stations are around the perimeter so much less dish noise in the dining room. There are etched glass panels over the exterior walls so no real window views. Seating in the theater is more spread out and getting to middle seats is much easier. Lots of light colored wood throughout the ship. The internet is much better. We have an F2 suite. 

IMG_0646.jpeg

IMG_0645.jpeg

IMG_0625.jpeg

IMG_0627.jpeg

IMG_0647.jpeg

SNAZZY!!!

1 hour ago, Jimmcdaniel said:

The ship is stunning. Compass Rose is very light and airy. The serving stations are around the perimeter so much less dish noise in the dining room. There are etched glass panels over the exterior walls so no real window views. Seating in the theater is more spread out and getting to middle seats is much easier. Lots of light colored wood throughout the ship. The internet is much better. We have an F2 suite. 

IMG_0646.jpeg

IMG_0645.jpeg

IMG_0625.jpeg

IMG_0627.jpeg

IMG_0647.jpeg

Looks incredible!   Maybe the most gorgeous main dining room afloat.  Really stunning.  

58 minutes ago, eroller said:

Looks incredible!   Maybe the most gorgeous main dining room afloat.  Really stunning.  

Agree looks great, but why  dark backed chairs?

Edited by dabear

3 hours ago, GMIAC said:

Be careful when upgrading internet. The last cruise we were on, we upgraded and it knocked off access on our other devices. I spoke with the Internet guru and he said this was the way it worked. When he downgraded  me, everything returned. 

I have no idea what happened. YMMV. 

• Like 1

We are onboard now; although there are improvements from the Splendor there are also, to me, significant setbacks; given the CC editing policy (limited time to correct posts) I will refrain from posting any comments until I am sure of my feelings.

Marc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jimmcdaniel said:

The ship is stunning. Compass Rose is very light and airy. The serving stations are around the perimeter so much less dish noise in the dining room. There are etched glass panels over the exterior walls so no real window views.

Are some tables by windows still available?  Do you mean that there are no views from any of the windows in Compass Rose?  My favorite tables are those by windows because they are out of the way of much of the traffic and it is nice to see the view outside. 

20 minutes ago, CruisetheCs said:

Are some tables by windows still available?  Do you mean that there are no views from any of the windows in Compass Rose?  My favorite tables are those by windows because they are out of the way of much of the traffic and it is nice to see the view outside. 

It sounds like they figure it’s usually dark and no view.  It’s also my displeasure the new ships got rid of aft/horizon lounges. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jimmcdaniel said:

IMG_0646.jpeg

IMG_0645.jpeg

IMG_0625.jpeg

IMG_0627.jpeg

IMG_0647.jpeg

Tks for the update - we won't be onboard until later in 2025 but hoping it is still WOW!  Last sailed with you on the Baltic cruise. We chatted on the bus outside the Vasa Museum.  Continue to enjoy your cruise. We will be ailing again in January.

2 hours ago, CruisetheCs said:

My guess is that for breakfast and lunch there will be panels that slide open to reveal the windows and ocean views.  At night for dinner they will be closed as nothing to see and it will create a more formal atmosphere.  Just a hunch.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, eroller said:

My guess is that for breakfast and lunch there will be panels that slide open to reveal the windows and ocean views.  At night for dinner they will be closed as nothing to see and it will create a more formal atmosphere.  Just a hunch.  

Good hunch!

Just had breakfast in CR (sea day); sat on sunny side - vertical, adjustable, remotely operated blinds as shades. We had sea views and comfort.

Ps: my nits (above post) are now fixed.

• Like 3

Yes, the infinity pool on aft deck of Spa is gone. Now  there are 3 jacussi (spell?) - a long, rectangular in center and a normal size (but curved to fit ship's stern shape) on each side. Loungers half in sun and half shaded.  Haven't tried water yet; maybe this PM as day is warming up.

Has the elevator issue been fixed?

Recall on Splendor that one of the elevators did not go to all of the floors and we found it inconvenient. I was told that would be remedied on Grandeur.  We are boarding in Barcelona for 3 consecutive cruises with a 5 day break in Miami.  Very excited.

2 hours ago, bitob said:

Has the elevator issue been fixed?

Recall on Splendor that one of the elevators did not go to all of the floors and we found it inconvenient. I was told that would be remedied on Grandeur.  We are boarding in Barcelona for 3 consecutive cruises with a 5 day break in Miami.  Very excited.

Elevators identical to Splendor; 5-11 aft and 3-14 forward. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2023 at 2:07 PM, Boats07 said:

Before we went on our 1st Regent cruise, that was also for my 70th, I felt like all I was reading were negative comments.  I was very worried with all the comments that we might have made an expensive mistake.  Just know it was the most wonderful cruise we had ever taken.  We will be leaving for our third cruise with Regent next month and have learned to ignore the negative comments.  Those comments come from the people that assume they are entitled.   Don't read the negative comments and you will learn the names and just skip over their remarks.

Have a wonderful time.  

I don’t feel entitled to anything.  Please do not make “blind” statements - if you do not like an item, does it mean you are entitled to what you would like in that item otherwise? No, you would just simply express your opinion (not expecting a harsh critique, because an opinion is just a … an opinion).

Edited by kirtihk
  • Like 3

After four days some initial impressions.  I think the major improvements are the automatic doors and removing of the lights on each of the tables in the theater; unfortunately the tables still are not movable.  The major, to me, setbacks are in La Veranda.  They have removed a number of two tops so hard for me to get an inside table unless I go right when they open.  Also, it is almost impossible to get lettuce from the salad bar.  Only other annoyance is that light above puzzles is tied into Meridian Lounge dimmer switch so impossible to work on puzzle at night; I think this should be fixed soon. 

As others have reported the infinity pool has been replaced by three clothing optional jacuzzis.  Without the infinity pool I don’t know why they just couldn’t reinstall horizon lounge. 

overall trip is fantastic with wonderful food and a well trained crew.  

marc

• Like 2