Regent Grandeur Now a Regent Ship

DeepFreeze63

On 11/16/2023 at 9:03 AM, Snh lname said:

Pardon my saying this, but on RSSC the food, fabulous service and accommodations are a given.

Really? Hasn’t been my recent experience and many others have commented that the food & service has degraded in the last couple of years. The food is OK to very good at times but is inconsistent. The service is also inconsistent with pockets of great service and in the case of Destination Services downright poor. I would agree with others that I don’t get any value out of expensive paintings and statues and would rather Regent spend their money to improve services and food and/or pay down their outrageous debt incurred during COVID. BUT, to each his own.

• Like 2

To each his own. I get good value. That’s my opinion. If you don’t like what you ordered, order something else. They will be more than willing to get it for you. If the service isn’t to your liking, communicate it to management. 

We usually find something that we like. We ask them to prepare it for us the next day and it shows up. 

23 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

Really? Hasn’t been my recent experience and many others have commented that the food & service has degraded in the last couple of years. The food is OK to very good at times but is inconsistent. The service is also inconsistent with pockets of great service and in the case of Destination Services downright poor. I would agree with others that I don’t get any value out of expensive paintings and statues and would rather Regent spend their money to improve services and food and/or pay down their outrageous debt incurred during COVID. BUT, to each his own.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

in the case of Destination Services downright poor.

I was just on Splendor for two weeks, and Destination Services did a great job. For the first time in 7 cruises, I had almost daily interaction with them. Changed many excursions due to activity levels being raised between signing up last year and boarding. DS was able to help me choose more appropriate excursions each time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wife and I  from the UK looking to go on this ship Nov 2024 12 nights Beauty in Bonaire cruise from Miami.

This would be the most expensive cruise we have ever booked, it's for my 70th birthday but looking at the many negative reviews on quite a few different sites about Regent  it's putting us off now. .

33 minutes ago, eric4395 said:

Wife and I  from the UK looking to go on this ship Nov 2024 12 nights Beauty in Bonaire cruise from Miami.

This would be the most expensive cruise we have ever booked, it's for my 70th birthday but looking at the many negative reviews on quite a few different sites about Regent  it's putting us off now. .

A lot of people write to complain. Whenever I have had an “issue” on my four RSSC cruises, they were minor and addressed immediately and professionally. 

So my wife and I are big fans of RSSC. Previously, we went on a few Holland America cruises. They were very nice but there is not even a comparison. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, eric4395 said:

We have been on 2 Splendor cruises over the past 18 months, with a Grandeur one coming up in July. If we felt it wasn’t worth the price, we would not be doing more. Also have sailed on Mariner, which was terrific. Did 2 Silversea cruises in between, but are now VERY loyal Regent clients. Doubt very much you would be disappointed. 

2 hours ago, eric4395 said:

Before we went on our 1st Regent cruise, that was also for my 70th, I felt like all I was reading were negative comments.  I was very worried with all the comments that we might have made an expensive mistake.  Just know it was the most wonderful cruise we had ever taken.  We will be leaving for our third cruise with Regent next month and have learned to ignore the negative comments.  Those comments come from the people that assume they are entitled.   Don't read the negative comments and you will learn the names and just skip over their remarks.

Have a wonderful time.  

Edited by Boats07
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There are always going to be negative comments from people, on every line. I take them with a grain of salt. I suppose it makes people feel better to "vent," but I've always stuck with the adage that the plural of anecdote is not data. 

Edited by GMIAC
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, eric4395 said:

We will be on this cruise also!   This will be our fifteenth Regent cruise and I have found that most complaints that I have witnessed are unwarranted.  Make your own judgement and don’t stress it.  Most of all, we hope you enjoy the cruise as much as we have in the past.  

Z and TB

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2023 at 10:21 AM, Mike Moore said:

More details on other art pieces may be found here:
https://www.rssc.com/news/details?newsid=294641

Thank you for this info @Mike Moore

Can you tell us if and when the new Regent Mobile App might be rolled out on the other ships?

Edited by boblerm

1 hour ago, boblerm said:

Thank you for this info @Mike Moore

Can you tell us if and when the new Regent Mobile App might be rolled out on the other ships?

The "if" is a yes, but I'm afraid right now I don't have a timeline for which ship will be second, or the rest of the fleet.

• Thanks 1