Buyer Beware please read this as it is extremely important

fvandewouwer

Carnival excursions booked through the website Sandras Cruise Tours do not buy them! 

Buyer beware: do not buy any excursions from sandras cruise tours  There is a large group of 800 people who booked Greenland tours there,  which were billed as REFUNDABLE if the ship didn’t port.

The Legend  didn’t port and we didn’t get our money back. 
Please be very careful.

The vendor Sandra Oleary did change her terms of agreement after these tours were cancelled and kept money a vendor in Greenland did return her the money of one of these excursions money she kept for herself. She advised people to claim their insurance which is fraude.

And no there was no option booking tours with carnival directly as they announced when this cruise was published there would not be any tour to book through Carnval.

I can send proof of everything I wrote in this message so I hope I can safe people from the same situation we are in now. 

Please I do not want to offend anyone and hope this post is not inappropriate.

Thank you.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, fvandewouwer said:

Carnival excursions booked through the website Sandras Cruise Tours do not buy them! 

Buyer beware: do not buy any excursions from sandras cruise tours  There is a large group of 800 people who booked Greenland tours there,  which were billed as REFUNDABLE if the ship didn’t port.

The Legend  didn’t port and we didn’t get our money back. 
Please be very careful.

The vendor Sandra Oleary did change her terms of agreement after these tours were cancelled and kept money a vendor in Greenland did return her the money of one of these excursions money she kept for herself. She advised people to claim their insurance which is fraude.

And no there was no option booking tours with carnival directly as they announced when this cruise was published there would not be any tour to book through Carnval.

I can send proof of everything I wrote in this message so I hope I can safe people from the same situation we are in now. 

Please I do not want to offend anyone and hope this post is not inappropriate.

Thank you.

Thanks for the warning!

• Like 2

Definitely. It was sold as refundable and after booking she changed the terms and won’t return my 100%. She offered 50%. That is rediculas as I have the terms of service and tour description. Tried to do a credit card charge back and she sent them info on a different tour that said non refundable. I also have a screen shot of my asking her on her Facebook post for the tour if it was refundable if we did not make it to port and she responded it was refundable

IMG_0823.jpeg

If she has a registered business you can report to the BBB. I'd also file a case with the credit card company to stop payment and provide them all your evidence. This can help you get your money back and may make it so that the company won't allow payments to her in the future.

This summer we had a port cancelled and I was refunded by Sandra without even requesting. Too bad she updated her terms. I would never book with her again.

• Like 1

We booked an Iceland tour with her.   There were several issues.  The first being all the other busses showed up on time, but we (four bus loads) were left us standing out in the cold for an hour.  While Carnival did say we would arriving late, all the other tour companies went ahead and had their busses there when we arrived.  The second issue was returning to the ship.  The tour guide kept adding stops until one brave person asked when we were going back to the ship.  He said we were supposed to be back at 6:00, but our ship left before that!  We all told him take us back to the ship now.  Even after that, he tried to get us to agree to another stop!  No way, and luckily, we were all pretty vocal at that point.  And we were the last bus to arrive back at the port.  

20 minutes ago, shof515 said:

bbb is useless and wont do anything, its kind of like yelp

actually, I’ve had great luck with the bbb. That assumes the business operates in the US. But every complaint I’ve filed has resulted in a positive ending. It def helps if  do you 1. Are right and 2. Have proof that you are right. 

Edited by sanger727

7 hours ago, sanger727 said:

actually, I’ve had great luck with the bbb. That assumes the business operates in the US. But every complaint I’ve filed has resulted in a positive ending. It def helps if  do you 1. Are right and 2. Have proof that you are right. 

Please, I am from Belgium, can I use this service to get my money back in case my CC denies my charge back ? And yes I am right and have all documents in my favor. Thank you

12 hours ago, Alegeeter said:

If she has a registered business you can report to the BBB. I'd also file a case with the credit card company to stop payment and provide them all your evidence. This can help you get your money back and may make it so that the company won't allow payments to her in the future.

This summer we had a port cancelled and I was refunded by Sandra without even requesting. Too bad she updated her terms. I would never book with her again.

The BBB is essentially like Yelp or Google Reviews for the older generation. They have no authority and not all businesses are registered with the BBB or want to have anything to do with them. Also, the company that the OP mentioned is in Greenland. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Things like this are probably why the cruise line doesn't offer excursions from them. They do vet all operators and won't book with problematic 

She is a passenger selling excursions she has a website and creates FB groups where she promotes all her tours.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fvandewouwer said:

Please, I am from Belgium, can I use this service to get my money back in case my CC denies my charge back ? And yes I am right and have all documents in my favor. Thank you

No, the BBB is an American company and it doesn't operate in Belgium.

19 minutes ago, ultrafighter said:

Yep.  You can essentially buy an A+ rating.  BBB is a non-factor for me in deciding whether or not to work with a particular business.

This is so incredibly not true. I've filed issues with the BBB and had a refund within a few days or the owner of the company calling me to find out how to fix the situation so that I tell the BBB it has been resolved. I've used the BBB to work out issues with small travel agents all the way up to Hertz. When you file and issue with them, the business does take notice. They have to earn their rating.

In 2022 she got rave reviews here on the roll calls so I booked two excursions with her for my May European cruise.  They were okay.  She even credited me back $4 that I accidently overpaid on my credit card.  I'm so sorry to hear about this.  Hope she finally does the right thing and pays you all back