Silhouette Today

hasentreelake

Observations for.the day...

Boarding was a breeze

OVC was nice.   Ham slices didn't look like.posts from earlier (a month or so back). Sailaway we did in Sky lounge to be forward as we always have been aft which we love but switched it up tonight....

(Pic happened here).  Martini bar 🍸🍸🍸💗

LCG for dinner. Ordered.   med rare go med so order rare formed rare🤠.   We're not big eaters so this is so much food🙂.  Cheesecake to the cabin.  Watching MNF🏈

PXL_20231120_220243637.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I'm also on the ship.  Everything has been great except luggage delivery.  Still didn't have my luggage by 3:15.  Described it to my excellent cabin attendant and he went off and found it shortly thereafter.  That was odd as we were the first people on the ship.

I did say out loud... I think this is the latest we've ever had our luggage delivered...

Planned ahead and had everything we needed for an afternoon poolside so not a big deal.  

Day 2.

The internet has been solid.

Pool deck and sunset bar area very breezy today.  The ship is rockin and rollin to our first port of call (st maarten) on 🦃 day.  OVC was fine for breakfast and lunch today as we are just decompressing day 1.  Great margaritas in craft social.  Tuscon tonite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

How is the ship in general?  We will be on her in about 6 weeks.

In general.... She's a fine ship.

If there is something more specific you'd like to know about I'll be posting as long as the internet remains solid....

2 hours ago, hasentreelake said:

She's a fine ship.

She’s been through Revolution. We were on her in October and she still looks A1.IMG_2023.thumb.jpeg.b799c08dbb5bcf5ec3e542f059e44313.jpeg

My only criticism was the lack of vegetables.

My husband was given cake x2- we were told it was sweetcorn cake!😱

Not a balanced diet when they are giving you extra carbohydrates.

I had chickpeas with my fish. 
Thereafter, we ordered vegetables of of our choice every night.

• Like 1

We just got off the ship.    First time not booking another cruise while on board.   For us the  vibe seemed to be missing.   

The BT’s in the Martini Bar weren’t  really as entertaining as we have always experienced on other ships.  The Matini menu has changed.  If you want something from the old menu download a menu that  has been posted in the past or remember the name of the one you want.   Kettle One has replaced Grey Goose in most of the martinis  

The WCB was also ho hum.  I don’t think the BTs there are as good as they use to be when they only served the drinks that were for the WCB.  They seem to be making more of the other drinks than those on the menu and didn’t  have the time to make the WCB menu drinks properly. 

Overall the food was good, and there was a lot of variety.  Naturally there were hits and misses.

The adult frisky game shows were really idiotic and stupid.  Attended a few and didn’t bother going to the others.  Liars club was good as usual.  

The CD Mike had a good talk about the Titanic but it conflicted with something else.  We were still able to see it on the TV in the cabin as it was shown many times rotating with other shows, or talks on the CD channel 

We also had a problem with luggage delivery.   After many inquests we were finally told around 6 pm that it is the security room.  Went down there.   They searched the bag.   I asked what was the problem and they wouldn’t tell me nor could they find anything.  

Overall the staff worked very hard, service was great but you could see that they were understaffed.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Thanks 3

On the cruise also.  No complaints besides inconsistencies on where different wines can be found, but a talk with f&b director yesterday evening hopefully will rectify it.  Food has been excellent.   Ate Tuscan first night and and was delicious.   Last night mdr.  My friend is vegetarian and we got the separate vegetarian menu and food was great. I did regular menu and enjoyed seafood orzo.   Have had no issues with portion sizes.   Called out 2 ppl in ovc who were using hands to grab food, guessing the tongs/utensils that were n front of food trays are to complicated for them to use I enjoy embarrassing them for being so thoughtless.  

Lot of motion on ship at this point ,   But feels less than yesterday.  Doesn’t bother me but it’s noticeable.  

18 hours ago, upwarduk said:

She’s been through Revolution. We were on her in October and she still looks A1.IMG_2023.thumb.jpeg.b799c08dbb5bcf5ec3e542f059e44313.jpeg

My only criticism was the lack of vegetables.

My husband was given cake x2- we were told it was sweetcorn cake!😱

Not a balanced diet when they are giving you extra carbohydrates.

I had chickpeas with my fish. 
Thereafter, we ordered vegetables of of our choice every night.

If this was ever placed in front of me I would have immediately asked the waiter to.......take it away!!!!!!!!!! 

Are coffee and tea still available all day in the Hideway? It's been 11 years since we were last on the Silhouette. I enjoyed being on deck 7 near the Hideaway because I could get hot water for tea without going up the buffet. ~Maya

Thanksgiving Day we did a catamaran, snorkel, beach excursion and it rained quite a bit..
We did get full snorkel and beach times without too much rain and most of the rain while on the catamaran between stops.  

Came back and watched Lions lose to the Packers while sipping margherita's at Craft Social - be sure to ordered the premium margherita if on a package - soooo much better.

We had a 'traditional' thanksgiving dinner in the MDR.  It was very good.  Nice presentation and tasted like traditional seaonings.  Apple pie and Pecan pie for dessert.  

It's now Black Friday so let's go get those deals 🙂  
We are on a Fun Bus to Pigeon Point today and forecast is for clear skies and 85*F.

I can't complain about anything and I can say our cabin attendant (we are in an SV) has been outstanding.  He has delivered ice twice daily and otherwise has worked around our comings and goings to keep the cabin cleaned for us.  And he did respond quickly to fixing the partition between our veranda and the adjoining cabin.