Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks...we are trying not to leave anything behind.  😉    Broker told us long ago....the way to do it is to let the last check bounce.  😄 😄 

We have kids and grandchildren to help eventually 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks...we are trying not to leave anything behind.  😉    Broker told us long ago....the way to do it is to let the last check bounce.  😄 😄 

Yep, spend it now or your kids will later. 😂

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

19 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

We have kids and grandchildren to help eventually 

7 minutes ago, doghog said:

Our will is simple - three words - “We spent it”😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

58 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ours kept talking about leaving a legacy. I think we’ve finally convinced them that’s not our plan.  If we kick the bucket early they’ll get it.  Otherwise we are spending it. 

Today was the DH’s last day.  In a couple of hours he’s officially retired!!!

• Like 32

11 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Ours kept talking about leaving a legacy. I think we’ve finally convinced them that’s not our plan.  If we kick the bucket early they’ll get it.  Otherwise we are spending it. 

Congrats. Now he can become a professional napper like me😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Jimbo is on board now?  😛

Now that you've mentioned it, I haven't seen him post at all this week. I'm probably in the minority with this but I kind of miss our resident back seat captain. I hope he's not in a "time out". He brings an certain perspective to things. And of course,  some of the hysterical, over the top responses to his posts keep me entertained too. 🙂 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

iPhone typically stays locked in the safe. I use my iPad for grab shots when we are in our cabin, and a pocket sized Sony camera when we are wandering around. If I know that I will be photographing a lot of stuff and at a range of distances (like on our Panama Canal B2B), I bring my Fujica digital SLR as well.

My phone used to stay in the safe until I transitioned away from my I-pod for listening to music to music loaded onto my phone and music streaming. Now my phone and ear buds are always with me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We must have the same financial planner! 🙀😹

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, doghog said:

Bucky's one child.  I did not have kids.   His daughter is adorable and I love her.  She received the free collage education, free living expensive during such, expensive elaborate wedding...and many generous checks at birthdays and Christmas.  Up front inheritance.  😉 

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How does anyone take a nap on this cruise? I'd be afraid to close my eyes. Way too much FOMO.

Yup, me too.   And one of the reasons I sometimes take my shower early during less dramatic transits...to be sure to not miss anything later.  😉 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Congrats and welcome to the club!  We retired 15 years ago....best thing we ever did.  🤗

• Like 7

We helped the kids when they needed it, give birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas,etc.  We just don’t believe we need to skimp on things so we can leave it for them.  What is there when we are gone is there.  Thankfully, they are all doing well enough on their own. Maybe they should start giving us stuff🤪

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Now that you've mentioned it, I haven't seen him post at all this week. I'm probably in the minority with this but I kind of miss our resident back seat captain. I hope he's not in a "time out". He brings an certain perspective to things. And of course,  some of the hysterical, over the top responses to his posts keep me entertained too. 🙂 

Another Minority member!🙂

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How does anyone take a nap on this cruise? I'd be afraid to close my eyes. Way too much FOMO.

We have spent the past two days on our balcony taking photos and admiring the breathtaking scenery!  We have only left our balcony to eat, and I still had to stop and take a few photos from Chops last night!  Whew!

Even now, it’s quite blustery out, but I’m still taking photos!

IMG_2274.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

We have spent the past two days on our balcony taking photos and admiring the breathtaking scenery!  We have only left our balcony to eat, and I still had to stop and take a few photos from Chops last night!  Whew!

IMG_2274.jpeg

This is so different from a Caribbean cruise. I'll be on Odyssey in two weeks with 4 sea days. I plan on listening to music and doing a lot of napping.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, pstone1 said:

IMG_2274.jpeg

I wish they would spray down the windows in there.  It's been crusted sticky salt spray for weeks now, making the sight blurred.  They were actually down below with the water spray on the deck over a week ago, but never pointed it up at the windows.  Yuck.  Same thing with the windows in Giovanni's.  

• Like 1

Around 2 am, we busted out from the Fiords into the open Pacific...in 20 Meter depth.  It was unreal wicked seas, with 68 mile an hour apparent winds over the ship.  Much like the storm we had coming south near the Falklands before we got to Antarctica.  

A bit calmer now, since we are apparently headed back into the Fiords again after a 4-5 hour trek north on the open Pacific waters.  

20240120_052937.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I wish they would spray down the windows in there.  It's been crusted sticky salt spray for weeks now, making the sight blurred.  They were actually down below with the water spray on the deck over a week ago, but never pointed it up at the windows.  Yuck.  Same thing with the windows in Giovanni's.  

Ditto!  This is the one I took from Chops trying to catch the double rainbow!  Hadn’t realized the windows are tinted either!

IMG_2021.jpeg

• Like 4

Around 2 am, we busted out from the Fiords into the open Pacific...in 20 Meter depth.  It was unreal wicked seas, with 68 mile an hour apparent winds over the ship.  Much like the storm we had coming south near the Falklands before we got to Antarctica.  

A bit calmer now, since we are apparently headed back into the Fiords again after a 4-5 hour trek north on the open Pacific waters.  

20240120_052937.jpg

It woke me up at 2:10, and although I was fine, bouncing over the “potholes” kept me up for a couple of hours!  😉

• Like 3