Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

@island lady boards tomorrow also.

I miss her posts, I know she said she is just along for the ride at this point, but I hope she reconsiders and claims the topic she created back.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We’re doing a week in Barcelona next April. We’ve been before and I thought we’d be bored to stay that long between cruises but I’m finding there is a lot to do in the surrounding area. We’ve never taken the time to go outside the city so now looking forward to it. 

We were on the Oasis TA ending in Barcelona.  We stayed 5 nights post-cruise in Monistrol de Montserrat.  Visited Montserrat and Andorra.

• Like 2

We have not done a long RCI cruise but were on Oceania's first 180 night w/c.  The ship had a max 684 passengers and there were only 265 doing the full voyage so we got to know almost all of them.

I found 180 to be just about the perfect length.  Saw a lot of new ports and very few long stretches of sea days.  Towards the end I did find the ports seemed to merge in my mind - you remember doing something but have to think a bit where it was.  Except for 1 couple, everyone on board that voyage that I talked to about the length thought it was just about right.  

We have no children/pets so no issue there, but did miss a lot of sports.  The only sport we saw live was the Super Bowl and that was after midnight.

Most w/c are in the 112 - 130 night range and in order to complete a full circumnavigation it takes a lot of sea days with the smaller number of days.  

• Like 2

On 7/9/2024 at 5:11 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

But we’ve loved it and would probably do another one if it was limited to maybe 30 days 

That sounds like a great length to us. 🙂 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

I'm back😉

HD said I could board tonight, but I'd have to bunk with John. 😱

Since hotel is paid for I've decided to stay at Continental

20240709_113345.thumb.jpg.fb5032815ad878b4ae7ec2f35d8a780d.jpg

20240709_113014.thumb.jpg.30d92d6791d09bf09d0e643a7811f19e.jpg

Much different than March 13, 2020

20240709_112314.thumb.jpg.2f0eceaf2c5c76defc279b8a5f34354b.jpg

Messenger_creation_f3851ab7-d099-4fb0-b2bd-3795eb33d91f.thumb.jpeg.27a2ee4a05ebc792204680767176b0a7.jpeg

Hello LaLa! Hello John! Glad you are back. Looking forward to your posts.

LaLa you look fabulous!!!!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I really hope @island lady reconsiders her posting position.🤞

I hope she posts. I enjoyed her posts.
I do not understand but I think she mentioned she had a hard time keeping people "on topic" ...OK but she was also posting about Silverseas, the American cruise line saga etc etc, and it was all interesting so what was the problem????????
Come one @island lady we want to hear you here too!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Hello LaLa! Hello John! Glad you are back. Looking forward to your posts.

LaLa you look fabulous!!!!!

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

@sgmn

Welcome on board Sue and Gary. Have a great cruise!

It’s great to see both of you posting from the ship. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It’s great to see both of you posting from the ship. 

I'll do my best, but I haven't got Internet. My phone plan should work in port but it's being a bit temperamental

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

In Valencia today. We took the ships transfer to the city centre as the port is around 4 km away  $10 each return so pretty good value .

Dropped us off in the old town. The highlight was the amazing cathedral with  what is reputed to be the Holy Grail/Chalice.  

Inside the Cathedral 

20240711_114209.thumb.jpg.8768706f1d9dbea481e49f87afbe45e5.jpg

the Holy Chalice 

20240711_125602.thumb.jpg.e5344fc7215f01992e23f26473d6d37b.jpg

outside view

20240711_111439.thumb.jpg.e65c8e5217eaa1076e103c2bd5b6c04d.jpg

lemon trees

20240711_111138_resized.thumb.jpg.29fe9027a023f6cf05f0e4b8fa73f9cc.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

There's a few changes since I was last on Serenade last September. There's a lovely, very well stocked book corner up on deck 12.  Our OV room has extra USB sockets by the bed.  But our room on deck 3 is the smallest cabin I think we have every had.  

• Like 4

On 7/10/2024 at 11:25 AM, Arzeena said:

I hope she posts. I enjoyed her posts.
I do not understand🥰 but I think she mentioned she had a hard time keeping people "on topic" ...OK but she was also posting about Silverseas, the American cruise line saga etc etc, and it was all interesting so what was the problem????????
Come one @island lady we want to hear you here too!

Thank for pointing that out that I was posting comments about Silverseas and other ships that were docked next to us....that I Observed and had Thoughts and Impressions of our cruise ship neighbors while On the World Cruise. 

But for some reason I did not post my other adventures on Wonder and Allure while off ship before rejoining.  😄   😉 

But no...I am enjoying my cruise again, love being back on board, and reconnecting with many friends who welcomed us back warmly.  Thanks to all for the kind comments.  But once again, I am just along for the ride this time.  🥰

• Like 20

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Thank for pointing that out that I was posting comments about Silverseas and other ships that were docked next to us....that I Observed and had Thoughts and Impressions of our cruise ship neighbors while On the World Cruise. 

But for some reason I did not post my other adventures on Wonder and Allure while off ship before rejoining.  😄   😉 

But no...I am enjoying my cruise again, love being back on board, and reconnecting with many friends who welcomed us back warmly.  Thanks to all for the kind comments.  But once again, I am just along for the ride this time.  🥰

But I need a ride too!😇😊

• Haha 12

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Please don’t let others change you….  You started this thread, and most of us here have loved to read your adventures on and off the ship. Pretty please with sugar on top keep posting 🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Great soul band in the theater yesterday, they had us dancing in the aisles 

20240711_203936.thumb.jpg.1c4acd5caeff80e4a31b1883f27a68a8.jpg

Over 30c in Cartagena today.  We've been here before so just took the little road train tour and wandered around the centre. There's a great Roman Stadium, but we've seen it in on our last visit.   Very easy port for DIY as we dock right in the centre of town. 

20240712_105243.thumb.jpg.527a4cc593181a96530a2f94b03ef868.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 16

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Glad you are back on board.  Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, island lady said:

But once again, I am just along for the ride this time.  🥰

Enjoy. Hopefully we will meet up down the road and dish on all of this over a beer or a glass of wine.😇🍺🍷

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, island lady said:

I am just so pleased that the thread you started so many months ago is still going strong! Thank you for starting it and enjoy your cruise!

Hélène

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, island lady said:

OK, whatever floats your boat! 😁 
Enjoy your sailing and say hello to us whenever you wish to.

• Like 2