If you could change only one thing on the Royal Carribean Ships what would that be?

3 hours ago, Morecruisesplz said:

Sort of, but after all the talk about pc, moving, how tempting more ports could be, why Baltimore. A mistake?

3 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Nope, a desire for the destination (Bermuda), timing, availability, and price.  It was a last-minute booking.  We are sometimes spontaneous.

Neither of the two cruises listed sailed from/to Baltimore; those ships will not fit under the bridges in the Chesapeake Bay.  FYI - Anthem sails from Cape Liberty (aka Bayonne).

Once on a seven day cruise do a royal midnight gala buffet.

12 hours ago, Mick B said:

Here's one just for fun.

Just for ships that have a Royal Promenade.

How about getting a on-board delivery service to bring whatever you want food and drink wise to your location via a cyclist dodging passengers during the 70s disco night. ie. bringing you some pizza from sorrento's all the way back to the champagne bar where you have set up residence for the night!

Seriously, I did suggest sometime back about either having an actual taxi service that ran along the promenade that could take guests from the MDR to the Theatre to save their legs a 5 minute walk.

I also suggested having lifts that moved horizontally along the inside of the promenade again to get guests from one end to the other but this time without having to run people over in the process.

Also, one cruise director once said over the tannoy that they had a new activity just for kids called diving for the propellers. I bet he wouldn't get away with that anymore!

Bring back the whiskey sampling outside the Duty Free shop - in fact bring back duty free (which is absent on many cruises recently) or at least duty free prices!

Mick.

Princess has this and it is one of things they do I really like.  You can order food and drinks from the app and someone just shows up with it.  They are pretty good about drinks in lounges quickly.  You can get lost in a sea of people in the theaters though trying to geolocate you via the RFID tag you walk around with.  Late at night and during likely busy times It has taken almost an hour for drinks to be delivered to the stateroom, but you can get a bunch of water and red bulls delivered to your room to stock the cooler.

Princess medallion system also can track your people you are cruising with to see exactly where they are via the app.  If you get separated from your group you can find them easily down to maybe 25ft.  I hope royal rolls out something like that.

Edited by Pinballs83
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Neither of the two cruises listed sailed from/to Baltimore; those ships will not fit under the bridges in the Chesapeake Bay.  FYI - Anthem sails from Cape Liberty (aka Bayonne).

I don't understand what you are trying to get at.  I never said that I cruise exclusively out of PC or any other port.  I said that I was moving to a ~ centralized location, which I have for 2+ weeks now, to PC and Galveston.  I think I know that Anthem sail(ed) out of Liberty.  How do I know that?  I sailed on her out of Liberty, which I plan on never doing again and I have no desire to go to Baltimore, either.  I was stationed at Ft. Meade, which is just down the street from Baltimore, and didn't like the city back then, I can only imagine what it's like now.  

What are you trying to get at?

EDITED IN:  Oh, I do cruise out of Galveston in 30 days on the Harmony.

image.thumb.png.23cad5983b7bf635b900462ea279164d.png

Edited by Ret MP

On 12/12/2023 at 4:05 PM, kernow said:

You're English and you've never heard of proper bacon?😄

They do usually have it on the ships that sail from Southampton, couldn't have a proper English breakfast without it.

I took a trip to Australia and New Zealand. Every single day breakfast was a let down. There was always "bacon". But it wasn't bacon. It was ham. proper bacon should be thin and crunch when you eat it. Anything else is ham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I don't understand what you are trying to get at.  I never said that I cruise exclusively out of PC or any other port.  I said that I was moving to a ~ centralized location, which I have for 2+ weeks now, to PC and Galveston.  I think I know that Anthem sail(ed) out of Liberty.  How do I know that?  I sailed on her out of Liberty, which I plan on never doing again and I have no desire to go to Baltimore, either.  I was stationed at Ft. Meade, which is just down the street from Baltimore, and didn't like the city back then, I can only imagine what it's like now.  

What are you trying to get at?

I was correcting @Morecruisesplz, not "debating" with you.  They said Baltimore; I was simply stating that neither of the cruises you listed sailed from Baltimore (impossible as the ships wouldn't fit under the bridges).  And I mentioned Anthem, since that is the one that listed Bermuda.

Your grudge is with @Morecruisesplz, not me.  😄

P.S.  I've sailed out of Baltimore 13 times and never went into Baltimore proper.

5 hours ago, Morecruisesplz said:

But you know FL to Bermuda= .... but Baltimore to Bermuda= .....…...….…..… right? Plus cold weather 2 days coming and going. Do the math.

Where are you getting Baltimore??  He cruised from Bayonne (aka Cape Liberty) to Bermuda in 2018.  I don't think Royal sailed from FL to Bermuda in 2018.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I was correcting @Morecruisesplz, not "debating" with you.  They said Baltimore; I was simply stating that neither of the cruises you listed sailed from Baltimore (impossible as the ships wouldn't fit under the bridges).  And I mentioned Anthem, since that is the one that listed Bermuda.

P.S.  I've sailed out of Baltimore 13 times and never went into Baltimore proper.

No grudge with anyone. Thx for correcting! 😉

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

I took a trip to Australia and New Zealand. Every single day breakfast was a let down. There was always "bacon". But it wasn't bacon. It was ham. proper bacon should be thin and crunch when you eat it. Anything else is ham.

We have both types in the UK, the one you are talking about (and many here prefer) is called back bacon and the other one (similar to US bacon) is called streaky. Both are widely available.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

Haven't seen anything like this....live music from 5:00-8:00 for those of us that eat late and would love to relax with a pre-dinner drink and some music.  We LOVED this on our Edge cruise.

We are on the Wonder for the 1st time, and cruise planner has that, in several places. I am looking forward to it.

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

You are 100% correct.  I didn't mean to quote you.  Hit the wrong quote button.  Sorry!

• Thanks 1

I wish that all Royal ships had a Covered Solarium Pool.  Nothing worse than being on a cruise and not feeling warm enough to use a swimming pool!  Right?

Helipads on all ships and free access for all passengers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Sunset Glow said:

Every ship needs a food venue on the pool deck - one where you can get a quick meal with your bathing suit on.

Agree and it needs to be an included one, not like the JR Express on Anthem, especially since the WJ is closed during a good part of the afternoon.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t understand why people like Guy’s burgers. They are very greasy and don’t taste good in my book. Probably not PC, but I think the larger passengers on most Carnival cruises like them. 

But at least they are included and you don't need to pay extra like JR's.  And don't even think about bringing up Sorrento's pre-made garbage vs Carnival's freshly made pizza.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

But at least they are included and you don't need to pay extra like JR's.  And don't even think about bringing up Sorrento's pre-made garbage vs Carnival's freshly made pizza.

Food is very subjective so I would never disagree with someone’s opinion. But in my book the pizza on RCI is way better than the pizza on Carnival. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/12/2023 at 2:57 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Free future cruise raffles 

Hi, Len!

My wife used to like going to the raffles in the spas before sail away and hope to win something. We went to one on an Allure cruise and won a two-day inaugural cruise on Harmony when it came to the U.S. It was fantastic; invited guests only. No expenses; SeaPass cards were never asked for except for specialty restaurants in the evening. It wasn't cruising full, so we were able to go to 5 shows in the two days. Even a limited amount of photos were included. And we each received a really nice, sturdy good-sized travel bag. I still use it to bring my two twelve-packs of soda onboard. I'd like another shot at something like that.

• Like 1