Semi-live... maybe fully live from Harmony... A tale of two cruises.

Tree_skier

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I was surprised he managed to see Columbus. Was only 2 nights and the 2nd got cancelled. I heard the guy that played columbus lost his voice so they did a Christmas show instead they were working on for this week. Onboard feels a lot like Christmas already.

We walked out of Columbus after about 20 mins , didn’t think it was that good.

16 hours ago, fla33023 said:

Where was the head doctor coming from? I wonder if he has different rates than the "lower level" doctor.

No idea. I’m assuming they have different shift times. Or perhaps he was dealing with a different medical emergency. There were a few happening simultaneously apparently. 

• Like 2

So today is day three. Last week day 3 began with with DD going for a follow up at medical. They wanted to give her another dose of antibiotics. So DD and SIL went down to medical again while everyone else foraged for breakfast. While eating breakfast, the captain comes on the tanoy and announces we are diverting to Cozumel for an emergency medical evacuation. Of course we are all panicking. We’re texting and calling them trying to find out what’s happening. Of course for some strange reason our texts and calls go unresponded. I try to reassure my wife if something had gone wrong we’d have heard something but she is inconsolable. About a half hour later we finally get a response. Ship being diverted had nothing to do with DD all is fine. They removed the pic line and going forward all meds are being given orally. 

To put an end to the story of DD health. She remained ok through out the cruise taking the pain meds they gave. She moved around slowly and was uncomfortable but was able to enjoy the rest of the cruise.  

As final note on this. She phone her physician on Monday morning and they said to just go to emergency. At emergency they did a bunch of tests… CT scans, ultrasounds etc. and have determined something called torsion to do with a cyst on one of her ovary. 

Surgery is scheduled for Thursday 

GD #1’s wedding is a week and two days after that. I have been told that the day after we get back I have no life and going to do everything I’m told to pull this event off. 

🤪

Top Tier events was today and confirmed my suspicions. 

There are a lot few higher tier passenger this week than last. 

Last week

IMG_1508.thumb.jpeg.d5054118f55a9c2f1b994bc4f01665ad.jpeg

This week

IMG_1571.thumb.jpeg.9408ebfcfde6211b05c658fcdb5fbb43.jpeg

last week I had the privilege of hanging out several times with @FromSea2ShiningSea and @bmblob  Marty and Helen are a great couple and were treat to spend time with. My whole family commented on what great folks they are. I just wish this had been a bit more of a normal week and we could have spent more time together. 

IMG_7291.thumb.jpeg.8f491a9308774035236d49a71defa09e.jpeg

We’ve got Jamie’s scheduled for lunch.  I hope I’ll still fit into my new custom tailored suit for the wedding. 😫

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 25

38 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

So today is day three. Last week day 3 began with with DD going for a follow up at medical. They wanted to give her another dose of antibiotics. So DD and SIL went down to medical again while everyone else foraged for breakfast. While eating breakfast, the captain comes on the tanoy and announces we are diverting to Cozumel for an emergency medical evacuation. Of course we are all panicking. We’re texting and calling them trying to find out what’s happening. Of course for some strange reason our texts and calls go unresponded. I try to reassure my wife if something had gone wrong we’d have heard something but she is inconsolable. About a half hour later we finally get a response. Ship being diverted had nothing to do with DD all is fine. They removed the pic line and going forward all meds are being given orally. 

To put an end to the story of DD health. She remained ok through out the cruise taking the pain meds they gave. She moved around slowly and was uncomfortable but was able to enjoy the rest of the cruise.  

As final note on this. She phone her physician on Monday morning and they said to just go to emergency. At emergency they did a bunch of tests… CT scans, ultrasounds etc. and have determined something called torsion to do with a cyst on one of her ovary. 

GD #1’s wedding is a week and two days after that. I have been told that the day after we get back I have no life and going to do everything I’m told to pull this event off. 

🤪

Last week

This week

last week I had the privilege of hanging out several times with @FromSea2ShiningSea and @bmblob  Marty and Helen are a great couple and were treat to spend time with. My whole family commented on what great folks they are. I just wish this had been a bit more of a normal week and we could have spent more time together. 

We’ve got Jamie’s scheduled for lunch.  I hope I’ll still fit into my new custom tailored suit for the wedding. 😫

What an ordeal you guys went through. Please give your wife a big hug from me. We all feel more for our children than for us.

Lovely picture with Helen and Marty. I am looking forward to meeting them and you, on Bella 2.
I am happy your DD is at home and safe, and all will be well.  Congratulations on your GD's wedding.

• Like 3

How frightening to hear that the ship was going to be diverted due to an emergency, all while your daughter was in Medical at the time of the announcement.  Thank goodness it wasn't her!..We weren't as lucky on our NE/Canada cruise 2 years ago, when Jim and I had to end our cruise when we got to Halifax for Jim's emergency gallbladder surgery there.

Exciting news about your Granddaughter's Wedding in two weeks!  I am sure  your daughter will be feeling so much better after her surgery, and she'll be able to dance the night away at her daughter's Wedding.  Congratulations, Dave!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

What an ordeal you guys went through. Please give your wife a big hug from me. We all feel more for our children than for us.

Lovely picture with Helen and Marty. I am looking forward to meeting them and you, on Bella 2.
I am happy your DD is at home and safe, and all will be well.  Congratulations on your GD's wedding.

Thanks it’ll be great meeting you. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

How frightening to hear that the ship was going to be diverted due to an emergency, all while your daughter was in Medical at the time of the announcement.  Thank goodness it wasn't her!..We weren't as lucky on our NE/Canada cruise 2 years ago, when Jim and I had to end our cruise when we got to Halifax for Jim's emergency gallbladder surgery there.

Exciting news about your Granddaughter's Wedding in two weeks!  I am sure  your daughter will be feeling so much better after her surgery, and she'll be able to dance the night away at her daughter's Wedding.  Congratulations, Dave!

Thanks, sorry about Jim’s emergency. My daughter has also had that gall bladder surgery as well. 

She asked her doctor yesterday how many more surgeries until the next one is free. 

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Whew, I’ve been in the edge of my seat waiting to hear the outcome of Part 1 of the B2B.  I figured things turned out okay since you’re currently enjoying Part 2!  Glad it all worked out and your DD will get the treatment she needs.  

Yeah me continuing on the ship was a bit of a spoiler. 🤣

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Good lunch at Jaimie’s. Sorry I forgot take a pic of the dessert. 

IMG_1574.thumb.jpeg.f7603d2e7965563112956fb52282d5e5.jpeg

IMG_1575.thumb.jpeg.069449d7cfba51b48171d2b8f95c8ef9.jpeg

Of course I stupidly booked our lunch at Jamie’s when it’s Italian night in the MDR. Nobody has ever accused me of being smart or organized. 

You can never have too much Italian 😂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

🤪

Last week

This week

Marty and Helen are the sweetest!  So good to see all of your faces and what a relief for your family that you were not diverting to Cozumel for your DD.  Glad you can have this week to relax and prepare for the wedding!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It sounds like things have calmed down and hope the rest of the cruise is uneventful!!

I got PTSD reading the issues with DD's passport, since i had my own scary experience last year boarding Symphony!

Link below if you want to read my story!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

🤪

Last week

This week

So happy to hear Dave that you daughter will get everything resolved. Give her my best from Sea Dog from a successful surgery and recovery.

I have no doubt you will be able to pull off all the wedding preps.

I love Marty and Helen! They are such wonderful people. I can't wait to sail with them again. Tell them hi from Sea Dog and Mrs Sea Dog.

Cheers, That Miami Vice looks good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ajtaylor29 said:

It sounds like things have calmed down and hope the rest of the cruise is uneventful!!

I got PTSD reading the issues with DD's passport, since i had my own scary experience last year boarding Symphony!

Link below if you want to read my story!

Oh my word!  What a story. Hank’s for sharing. You’ll make my daughter feel better when I retell that story. 

• Like 3

These passport stories scare me! I need to take a picture of our birth certificates.  

I make it a point of when we pull out of the driveway to verify we have our passports.  I never want to get cocky and forget to do it.  Check and double check.  Your stories give me nightmares.  

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Thanks, sorry about Jim’s emergency. My daughter has also had that gall bladder surgery as well. 

She asked her doctor yesterday how many more surgeries until the next one is free. 

I love that your daughter has such a great sense of humor!  It sure helps!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Good lunch at Jaimie’s. Sorry I forgot take a pic of the dessert. 

IMG_1574.thumb.jpeg.f7603d2e7965563112956fb52282d5e5.jpeg

IMG_1575.thumb.jpeg.069449d7cfba51b48171d2b8f95c8ef9.jpeg

Of course I stupidly booked our lunch at Jamie’s when it’s Italian night in the MDR. Nobody has ever accused me of being smart or organized. 

Oh we went there last saturday for lunch. As you said the choices are slim I'm day 1 2 3 or 7. I dont recognize that thing with all the cherry tomatoes. We tried those garlic rolls though. And quite a few other things. Enjoyed. 

• Like 1