Princess won’t let me select cabins

SeaLuvrrr

Princess Caribbean cruises just opened up for 25/26.  I tried to book one of my favorite delux balcony cabins on a 2026 cruise for my wife and I online and I got the dreaded message:

We don't currently have any rooms available to select in this location. If you choose to continue, Princess will assign a room for you just prior to sailing

I tried four other sailings on different ships and got the same message.  I’ve seen this in the past on certain ships and cruises while on others I could select.  This has nothing to do with the cabins being sold out.  What is Princess doing and why?  More control?  Forcing us to use a Princess travel planner?  How do I get around this?

I just wen back on and put in 3 guests and was able to pick and choose!  The two of us have selected these cabins on these ships in the past and never had an issue.  What gives?

Edited by SeaLuvrrr

44 minutes ago, SeaLuvrrr said:

Princess Caribbean cruises just opened up for 25/26.  I tried to book one of my favorite delux balcony cabins on a 2026 cruise for my wife and I online and I got the dreaded message:

We don't currently have any rooms available to select in this location. If you choose to continue, Princess will assign a room for you just prior to sailing

I tried four other sailings on different ships and got the same message.  I’ve seen this in the past on certain ships and cruises while on others I could select.  This has nothing to do with the cabins being sold out.  What is Princess doing and why?  More control?  Forcing us to use a Princess travel planner?  How do I get around this?

I just wen back on and put in 3 guests and was able to pick and choose!  The two of us have selected these cabins on these ships in the past and never had an issue.  What gives?

See this

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2976495-is-this-booking-policy-new-is-it-widespread/#comment-66503472

This happened to me when I wanted to book a premium deluxe balcony.  I eneded up having my TA call Princess and she was able to get me my desired cabin but she did have to wait on hold and get a supervisor to approve it.  

I'm having a problem booking cabins period. Whether I choose a cabin that is showing available or I select "Princess chooses a cabin" when I move forward to the passenger info screen it flashes a box saying cabin no longer available and kicks me out of the booking. I assume the system is overloaded today.

1 hour ago, SeaLuvrrr said:

This behavior has been going on for several months now.  It is plain ridiculous.

Shop for a cruise using 3 guest occupancy and you will see all those "missing" cabins.  Either book with a CVP (Princess) or a TA (independent) and they can get it done.  Otherwise, book with 3 people yourself, put cabin on hold, call in to drop the third person.  Or, just pay the 3rd person deposit with cash and then cancel them later and get a refund.  Just stooopid, IMO, PCL!!!

• Like 8

I had no problem booking a premium deluxe balcony on the Sun Princess yesterday.

Try doing a mock booking on some other ships.

Also try a different device- iPhone, laptop- I sometimes see a difference this way.

So weird. I could not get a 2026 suite booking on the Star to take by putting in 2 pax; it kept kicking me out and saying cabin no longer available. I decided to put in 3 pax and it went all the way through to the passenger screen with no issues, then I backed up pages and changed it to 2 pax and could then move forward and complete the reservation for 2 and select a cabin.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

So weird. I could not get a 2026 suite booking on the Star to take by putting in 2 pax; it kept kicking me out and saying cabin no longer available. I decided to put in 3 pax and it went all the way through to the passenger screen with no issues, then I backed up pages and changed it to 2 pax and could then move forward and complete the reservation for 2 and select a cabin.

Do you actually mean a Suite level cabin?  I had not read that that Category was affected by the marketing restriction to force booking a 3rd person.

25 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Do you actually mean a Suite level cabin?  I had not read that that Category was affected by the marketing restriction to force booking a 3rd person.

Yes, I booked an Owner's Suite on Star for 14 nights. It may have just been a computer glitch of some sort though as opposed to the inventory restriction you are describing. I just could not get a booking to confirm for 2 either by picking a cabin myself or letting Princess do it. It kept kicking it out forcing me to restart the booking again. When I selected 3 people, then it sailed through the booking to the passenger page and from there I backed the pages up and changed it from 3 to 2 and it moved forward and I was able to complete the booking.

Edited by WonderMan3
  • Thanks 2

I am of the opinion (based on a bad experience ourselves) that Princess would prefer that no one have a pre assigned cabin and they can just assign you a room at the last minute.

It is very frustrating and honestly has soured us from Princess to the fact that we’ve sailed or have future bookings for 4 cruises on Celebrity since that bad experience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

I am of the opinion (based on a bad experience ourselves) that Princess would prefer that no one have a pre assigned cabin and they can just assign you a room at the last minute.

It is very frustrating and honestly has soured us from Princess to the fact that we’ve sailed or have future bookings for 4 cruises on Celebrity since that bad experience.

That’s what Holland America was doing for the longest time and not sure if that’s still happening but I just won’t book a cruise that way.  
I understand it may be easier for them in the long run but one of the reasons I book a cruise is to ensure I can get a favorite cabin.  They really are not all created equally! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Called yesterday to book a cruise for 2026 to the ABC islands. They would not let me select a specific aft facing cabin. Called in twice and got the same answer both times. Would not allow my request to speak to someone higher up. I just said cancel everything and we booked the cruise on a different cruise line. We have been on 26 cruises and always pick our cabin. No way will I book a guarantee cabin and let Princess put us where they want.

• Like 4

Will not take a cruise where I do not pick the cabin. 

And no this is not like a hotel  where if I do not like the room I can go and demand a different room.  Or get my money back and go down the street to a different hotel

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

This happened to us when we tried to book an aft premium balcony. I am not impressed with this tactic Princess is using.  I want to be able to choose a specific cabin.

For fun, I went to look at Alaska cruises for the Summer of 2025. I was able to find our personal favorite balconies available; however, not all decks were able to be selected. Very strange.....