The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday, December 25th, 2023

kazu

Good afternoon.  @Cruzin Terri and @JazzyV I hope you are feeling better.  Vanessa I am happy to read you got some better sleep.  

Before company arrives I will share some photos of St. Kitts Nevis.  We were there in February 2022 on the New Statendam.   

We took a 45 minute boat ride across rough water to visit Nevis.    We took a tour of the sights in Nevis and then had lunch and some beach time at Pinney's Beach.   

Cloudy Mt Nevis.JPG

Hamilton Museum Nevis 3122.jpg

interior Nevis church 3122.jpg

leaving nevis 3122.jpg

mount Nevis 3122.jpg

Nevis sunset.jpg

Nevis town.JPG

Old Nevis Anglican church 3122.jpg

oldest church nevis cemetery 3122.jpg

pinney's beach bar 3122.jpg

St. Kitts 3122.jpg

Pinneys beach 2.JPG

Sheep nevis cemetary.JPG

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

She put in a lot  of work and love into that meal!

She did.

We are having a wonderful time.

Sarah loves all of her Christmas presents and is staying at our tonight.

Pauline has planned a full English breakfast for us all in the morning.

I hope you are having a nice day.

Graham x 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Great days!! Would try the drink and wine, offer fresh rhubarb pie (no recipe to share as I'm on my phone & recipe is not), not been to the port, important days in history.

Went to the crew Christmas program last night then stayed for Midnight Mass.  20231225_010137.thumb.jpg.19d9dffbb4ce05cf28d5584ab821600a.jpgToday is Hyrdopool, ceramic chair & Santa's arrival.

20231225_085409.thumb.jpg.5b0c1a6a54bb7e3848e53c7e97600cc1.jpg

Bow cam view from K'dam

20231225_085316.thumb.jpg.eb2d1674a821e247beb850cb327fcc9c.jpg

Aft cam view from K'dam

Merry Christmas, hope everyone has a blessed day. Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites, and I hope everyone has a happy day, Christmas or otherwise.  And Happy Birthday to Gerry!  We will be six tonight (with 2 vegans) so I have a busy day ahead of me, and I'd better get on with things.  See you tomorrow...

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Merry Christmas!  
@ger_77 happy birthday!  
st Kitts is a lovely island, we really enjoyed our visit there! We saw some beautiful sites and a baby monkey! 

It's a good friends son’s birthday today,  and they are both ministers.  We’re a little late as we didn’t get to bed until late after church at midnight,  

I am wishing everyone a healthy happy day! 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Merry Christmas!  
@ger_77 happy birthday!  
st Kitts is a lovely island, we really enjoyed our visit there! We saw some beautiful sites and a baby monkey! 

It's a good friends son’s birthday today,  and they are both ministers.  We’re a little late as we didn’t get to bed until late after church at midnight,  

I am wishing everyone a healthy happy day! 

Happy birthday to your good friends son.

df0179ae634937ab24bd727eeb9d47b7.gif

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon everyone and Merry Christmas!🎄. Just a quick visit as today has turned into a blur.  Mass at 8am followed by gift opening, breakfast, packing for our trip early tomorrow morning, dinner prep and finally a holiday beverage before dinner followed by cleaning up and making sure the house is closed up and then bed.  It all sounded so plausible when we made or plans a couple of months ago!

I hope everyone is having a nice day and are enjoying the holidays with friends and family.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

I'm cooking on an induction unit for the first time, a countertop "burner" that I bought to practice with before I commit to an induction range. I already love it. The pan heats instantly, even faster than on a gas burner, and power or temperature adjustments are almost instant, too.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

🎄Merry Christmas to those of you that celebrate!🎄

🎉And, Happy New Year (a bit early) to all!🎉

I've been reading The Daily as DH's medical issues allow as that's been one step forward and two steps back.

With help, we did get to Candlelight Communion last evening. It was lovely. And, I shed a few tears knowing next year will likely be very different...

My thanks for all the well wishes we have received this year.  And, I send to you my prayers for your cares and joys for your celebrations.

May you each have a joyful end to 2023 and a wonderful start to 2024,

-Melisa

Edited by HAL Sailer
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

I'm cooking on an induction unit for the first time, a countertop "burner" that I bought to practice with before I commit to an induction range. I already love it. The pan heats instantly, even faster than on a gas burner, and power or temperature adjustments are almost instant, too.

Good to hear. I will need to make a decision soon, too, and this puts induction to the front 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

I loved my induction cook top. I would buy one again in a heartbeat. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate.

Thanksto @kazu  for the Fleet and Daily, have not been to the port.

Our Christmas morning rain cleared to blue skies and lots of sunshine, which was good for folk planning outdoor activities. 

@grapau27  thanks for the photos of your Christmas meal, did you help Pauline by preparing all the vegetables?  

@ger_77  Wishing you a very Happy Birthday .

It's a wet Boxing  Day here, hoping the rain will clear before I go for a walk.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Good evening, everyone!

We had a lovely day here today.  It was nice to have all six siblings here today.  It has been many years since we were all together for Christmas.  Dinner was great and they almost ate up all my stuffing!   They claim that is what they came for.  

B2C3DFFF-2D5E-487F-8248-FB30C24DDB37.thumb.JPG.f7c60691f0e80cef1860cce250862fbd.JPG

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I also have an induction cooktop. DH wanted it when we remodeled a few years ago. I was skeptical but am now a convert. I really like it, Although I  had to get all new pots and pans. It heats and then cools down quickly . 
I would recommend. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to all on the Daily thread! Christmas Eve family celebration was at lunch yesterday, around a big pot of SE Texas Gumbo, potato salad and more desserts than anyone could count. Love our extended family Christmas get togethers!  The early get together helped, as I was still able to make Christmas Eve candlelight service at my church after the drive home.  What a wonderful feeling it was to sing Christmas carols among candle 🕯 light, and the pews filled with families. 

Wishing healing for those in physical pain, or missing loved ones, including our furry family members.  

@HAL Sailer, I shed tears myself reading your comment about next year.  Continue to soak in all the memories you can. I wish there was a way to send a hug through the Daily to you. 

@ger_77 , a wonderful Birthday to you !

thank you all for sharing your Day, your family photos, your tables and meals.   Hope you all are surrounded by family and friends, 

Edited by ocean sounds
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, superoma said:

Good to hear. I will need to make a decision soon, too, and this puts induction to the front 

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

I also have an induction cooktop. DH wanted it when we remodeled a few years ago. I was skeptical but am now a convert. I really like it, Although I  had to get all new pots and pans. It heats and then cools down quickly . 
I would recommend. 

I started replacing pans a while ago--including, to my chagrin, some All-Clad from the 1990s, just before they switched to magnetic stainless. At this point, I'm evaluating whether certain pans, such as the 16-quart stock pot that I hadn't used since moving to this house, need to be replaced at all.

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I started replacing pans a while ago--including, to my chagrin, some All-Clad from the 1990s, just before they switched to magnetic stainless. At this point, I'm evaluating whether certain pans, such as the 16-quart stock pot that I hadn't used since moving to this house, need to be replaced at all.

I have already tested many of my pans to see if they are magnetic. Sadly some of my most favourite are not but I have already decided I will not replace them and work with what I have. I have far too many pots and pans and the move to induction will cull them.  The only one I might consider replacing is my water bath canner. I could potentially use it as a stock pot as well. Will see when the time comes. 

• Like 10