New Princess App available

iamaqt2

Just curious since most can't get to Green Lane without entering a CC in the Shoreside thing.

My experience on my last 2 cruises (both in Europe) was that no one cared what color my app had. All they seemed to care about was did I have a medallion, which I did and that took us to a different line. I haven't gone out of PE since medallions started, but will in February, so wondering what has been happening there lately--even with the old app? Do they look at the app at all? Or are they more concerned with whether or not you have a medallion?

1 minute ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Just curious since most can't get to Green Lane without entering a CC in the Shoreside thing.

My experience on my last 2 cruises (both in Europe) was that no one cared what color my app had. All they seemed to care about was did I have a medallion, which I did and that took us to a different line. I haven't gone out of PE since medallions started, but will in February, so wondering what has been happening there lately--even with the old app? Do they look at the app at all? Or are they more concerned with whether or not you have a medallion?

We took Sky Princess on December 16 then switched to Emerald Princess on December 23, both out of Fort Lauderdale.  We did not have medallions, we were blue on the 'old' app, we did not have any type of electronic boarding pass, just passports and a paid up reservation.  Lines to board were pretty lengthy and I noticed little if any differnce between blues and greens.  Just go and you'll be processed without any problems.  Old and new apps work fine on the ships... at least for us.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

We had our medallions in advance for all of our cruises after the medallions became a thing. It seemed to me at the time and it still does that as long as you have your medallion that's all they care about for green lane.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Having or not having the Medallion was definitely the deciding factor for which line you were directed to.  I have not been out of PE for the past two years, but I do not recall ever being asked to show the app or QR code either there or any other port we've cruised from since it was rolled out.  When we have had our Medallion, they have scanned that, but still needed to check our passports.  When we have not had our Medallions, they still looked at our passports and then went to collect the Medallions to give to us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Me too!🤞

Their webpage states the old app will be available until 2/1 however even the new app’s implementation date was delayed by over 3 weeks. Hopefully all of the issues will be corrected before our cruise however since even the old one still had issues for some people doubt if they’ll correct most of them before dropping the old app. I try to be optimistic however based on their track record I am skeptical that all of the issues will be corrected soon…it’s like déjà vu!

Oh no our cruise is Feb 4

23 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

As a short term solution....do you still have the old app or can you reload it and order your Medallions through that? Just a thought....

The old app wouldn’t ballot me to order the Medallions.  😟

More experimenting, more disconcerting results.

I used DH's account to log into the new app this morning and it shows we are BOTH image.png.5e15f113b7dadf7c91cb71b95b5d5ec9.pngand our credit card has been authorized for Shoreside Transactions under his name.  Logging in to the new app using my data showed I am still not ready to sail as only 6 of 7 items have been completed when I removed the credit card from Shoreside Transactions yesterday.  If I am the lead passenger with the ability to authorize a) Shoreside Transactions (which I chose not to) and b) his ability to make charges to the credit card on file, how is it possible that he can be authorized to make Shoreside Transactions?  Is anyone else able to replicate this? 

Also confirmed that the new app is still connected to old corrupt data.  I was able to access his account using a previously identified misspelling of his name (think Steven spelled as Steeen) and there was no problem using that to bring up his reservation, intriguingly with his name spelled correctly and showing his Elite status.  🤔  I can also log in using his name spelled correctly.  SMH.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

My experience on my last 2 cruises (both in Europe) was that no one cared what color my app had. All they seemed to care about was did I have a medallion, which I did and that took us to a different line.

Our experience in FLL was a little different in November. Before the doors opened they formed two lines outside the terminal. Those with and without Medallions. Those with were allowed to enter first. Still, since we were Platinum, we waited upstairs and boarded immediately after the Elites so the only people who showed up with Medallions that boarded before us were Elites.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, kamelia said:

Will be happy to!  😊

Excellent.  Thank you. 

18 hours ago,  coo359a2 said: 

Will you please post how your embarkation process worked. Think we will be blue lane too as I didn't include CC # for Shoreside.  TIA

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

More experimenting, more disconcerting results.

I used DH's account to log into the new app this morning and it shows we are BOTH image.png.5e15f113b7dadf7c91cb71b95b5d5ec9.pngand our credit card has been authorized for Shoreside Transactions under his name.  Logging in to the new app using my data showed I am still not ready to sail as only 6 of 7 items have been completed when I removed the credit card from Shoreside Transactions yesterday.  If I am the lead passenger with the ability to authorize a) Shoreside Transactions (which I chose not to) and b) his ability to make charges to the credit card on file, how is it possible that he can be authorized to make Shoreside Transactions?  Is anyone else able to replicate this? 

Also confirmed that the new app is still connected to old corrupt data.  I was able to access his account using a previously identified misspelling of his name (think Steven spelled as Steeen) and there was no problem using that to bring up his reservation, intriguingly with his name spelled correctly and showing his Elite status.  🤔  I can also log in using his name spelled correctly.  SMH.

I have similar issues. When I log in as me, I am not “ready to sail” as I deleted my credit card for shoreside purchases ( I never had authorized those …hmmm) and so it shows 6/7 completed tasks. My husband however shows ready to sail and no mention of shoreside credit card approval. When I log in as him, it is the reverse, I am ready to sail and he is 6/7 even though I am the principal cardholder. Also for some reason even though we are both elite, my loyalty status is zero no matter how log in to the new app. My loyalty status is elite is correct on the old app. Not sure how to fix that one! Fortunately I have already purchased internet package ( and that shows up in the app as purchased) so I don’t have to worry about the internet discount issue. Anyone know how to fix loyalty status on the app? We don’t sail until June so I am hoping this all just fixes itself in an update. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, erber said:

................................. Anyone know how to fix loyalty status on the app? We don’t sail until June so I am hoping this all just fixes itself in an update. 

Most people I have read about with this issue have reached out to the App support team.  I would not count on a software update to correct an individual data issue (although yours seems a bit different with two different loyalty levels).

2 hours ago, kamelia said:

Also confirmed that the new app is still connected to old corrupt data. 

I, for one, never expected anything different.  New software does not fix old data.  Corrupt data has been a bug-a-boo since the App was launched in June, 2021, and they really have not straightened out all of those problems.  If they focused on that, they would improve things hugely IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Most people I have read about with this issue have reached out to the App support team.  I would not count on a software update to correct an individual data issue (although yours seems a bit different with two different loyalty levels).

I looked around in the app and didn’t see anything helpful. I guess I should look on the website. How do you reach out to them? Is email an option?

On 12/29/2023 at 3:39 PM, travellingnana said:

Nope. Mine is still wrong

Mine is still wrong too. DH's is correct but I still have the white one with the blue Seawitch.
We have 3 cruises booked but only one shows on the app.  The old app showed them all. 
Anyone else have this problem?

44 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Mine is still wrong too. DH's is correct but I still have the white one with the blue Seawitch.
We have 3 cruises booked but only one shows on the app.  The old app showed them all. 

Everyone. It's a glitch. Hopefully, they'll fix it soon.

1 hour ago, erber said:

I looked around in the app and didn’t see anything helpful. I guess I should look on the website. How do you reach out to them? Is email an option?

Yes, you can email to:  AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com

17 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, you can email to:  AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com

Thanks! Much appreciated. You are a fountain of information! I have sent an email with my concerns about my loyalty status being incorrect as well as my concerns about the shoreside transaction credit card requirement. 

Edited by erber
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

We all are. Only shows one cruise and not the others. This has been reported to IT. In the meantime, to see the other cruises, you have to log in separately. 

1 hour ago, erber said:

Thanks! Much appreciated. You are a fountain of information! I have sent an email with my concerns about my loyalty status being incorrect as well as my concerns about the shoreside transaction credit card requirement. 

Hopefully others are as well. 

4 hours ago, erber said:

I have similar issues. When I log in as me, I am not “ready to sail” as I deleted my credit card for shoreside purchases ( I never had authorized those …hmmm) and so it shows 6/7 completed tasks. My husband however shows ready to sail and no mention of shoreside credit card approval. When I log in as him, it is the reverse, I am ready to sail and he is 6/7 even though I am the principal cardholder. Also for some reason even though we are both elite, my loyalty status is zero no matter how log in to the new app. My loyalty status is elite is correct on the old app. Not sure how to fix that one! Fortunately I have already purchased internet package ( and that shows up in the app as purchased) so I don’t have to worry about the internet discount issue. Anyone know how to fix loyalty status on the app? We don’t sail until June so I am hoping this all just fixes itself in an update. 

Make sure when you email IT to show:

Your names, capt circle numbers,

ship and sail date, and booking number .

Explain what is wrong and the errors you receive, if any.

Of course, any other requests for app updates.

Good luck snd keep us posted.

• Thanks 1

The old app had the option for sending messages to other cruisers (as long as you had requested and been approved by them to be your shipmate). The quirk with that system is that the app did not have any notification bell or icon to let you know that you had a pending message waiting so we didn't use it too much.

On the new app I see a "crew chat" but I do not see any "cruiser chat". Maybe you have to wait until you are onboard to see it? While you can use Facebook Messenger or Whatsapp to communicate with fellow cruisers that only works if they all have a wi-fi package. On our upcoming cruise with another couple, one or both of them, may choose not to purchase the wi-fi package (we are all sailing with the standard fare - and yes, we did not math, the Plus package does not pay for us). We are unsure how we will maintain contact with them without a chat feature.