New Princess App available

iamaqt2

On 8/26/2024 at 7:52 AM, Jnsplace1 said:

You aren't alone.  I had my partner download the app this weekend.  He didn't want to sign up, so entered the booking number.  Got all checked in.  

THEN the app kicked him out.   He signed up this time, so he didn't have to memorize the booking number.    Added the cruise booking, and now it doesn't show up!  It said it was added, can't readd it, and not there.

For me, still have the medallion issue.  Now I'm up to 9 items in my cart, and it never goes through.   I give up until there's an update, or my cruise happens, whichever comes first.

(at least we're checked in)

My medallion was doing the same thing, a phantom passenger,and I had 8 orders . I downloaded the recent updates . Then I went back in to order medallions and the extras went away and the correct orders for us were there. Then I was able to order the Medallions,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, memoak said:

They don’t use the mid ship deck 6 dining room for breakfast or lunch because that is where Reserve Class is and when people come to breakfast and find a line they try and talk their way into Reserve class area. It makes it very hard on the restaurant managers. We even see arguments at dinner with people saying they have a reservation and an argument ensues. They should never have changed the name from club class

Agree on the confusion of the word "reserve" when a restaurant is involved.  It sounds more elitist and up-scale to call this class "Reserve", rather than "Club" I suppose.  They probably never considered the consequences at HQ.  It can take a while for newbies to understand everything important about Princess and how it works.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Agree on the confusion of the word "reserve" when a restaurant is involved.  It sounds more elitist and up-scale to call this class "Reserve", rather than "Club" I suppose.  They probably never considered the consequences at HQ.  It can take a while for newbies to understand everything important about Princess and how it works.

The word "Reserve" even confused me and I read these boards all the time.

On my last cruise, I saw the sign, which says "Reserve". In my mind, I read it as "Reservations" and was confused why they told me to go to the other door to the dining room. It  took me a couple of days to figure out what it was for. At bare minimum, they should say "Reserve Class" because then it would have dawned on me what it was for. I'm sure a lot of new cruisers, thought they had reservations and didn't understand what the sign was for...

• Like 6

10 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

The word "Reserve" even confused me and I read these boards all the time.

@dreaminofcruisin  That confused me too…Wonder if Princess has a section named “How To Create Confusing Names”??? ☺️

Maître d’ is now Director of Restaurant Operations. Headwaiter is now Restaurant Manager. Pursers Desk went to Passengers Services Desk & is now Guest Services Desk. Tips have gone to Gratuities & now to Crew Appreciation. 

These are just a few examples & not being greatly interested in the Sphere-class ships, I’ve given up on trying to follow all of those category name changes. Apparently Princess has nothing more important to do than to create new names to confuse people.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 8/26/2024 at 4:29 AM, cruisingiscool said:

Hi. Please be gentle.Its been a morning and I'm just about ready to throw tablet through window. Trying to get into  medallion app as I cannot find info on my booking etc online. I'm platinum on Princess booked to bring my own wheelchair onto ship via TA. Completed assistance form and booked plus . So.... I cannot see any of this detail on my booking on princess.com and my TA just says it's all booked. I have confirmation of room number status and princess plus on my invoice but nothing re wheelchair and assistance form. On Booking on Princess it offers me chance to book plus.I already have it. I've downloaded medallion app. It won't let me in. Says data incorrect . Tried registering but tells me I've already registered. Help,!

I have been travelling with a wheelchair for the last couple of years.  I always fill out the paperwork and have never heard back from Princess.  I also have never had a problem boarding.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2024 at 3:29 AM, cruisingiscool said:

Hi. Please be gentle.Its been a morning and I'm just about ready to throw tablet through window. Trying to get into  medallion app as I cannot find info on my booking etc online. I'm platinum on Princess booked to bring my own wheelchair onto ship via TA. Completed assistance form and booked plus . So.... I cannot see any of this detail on my booking on princess.com and my TA just says it's all booked. I have confirmation of room number status and princess plus on my invoice but nothing re wheelchair and assistance form. On Booking on Princess it offers me chance to book plus.I already have it. I've downloaded medallion app. It won't let me in. Says data incorrect . Tried registering but tells me I've already registered. Help,!

2 hours ago, sabookkeeper said:

I have been travelling with a wheelchair for the last couple of years.  I always fill out the paperwork and have never heard back from Princess.  I also have never had a problem boarding.

This information should be in your Travel Summary (which you can print from the Princess webpage when logged in to your cruise). My Travel Summary contains the following lines under SPECIAL SERVICES for DW and me:

• Distilled Water (1 Gallon) *
  • Extension Cord Requested
  • Medical Equip-CPAP/BIPAP Not Suppl*
  • Access Cabin Attestation Given-Gst
  • Wheelchair-Std-PT-Not Supplied
  • Can Climb Few Steps-No Mobility Dev
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

@dreaminofcruisin  That confused me too…Wonder if Princess has a section named “How To Create Confusing Names”??? ☺️

Maître d’ is now Director of Restaurant Operations. Headwaiter is now Restaurant Manager. Pursers Desk went to Passengers Services Desk & is now Guest Services Desk. Tips have gone to Gratuities & now to Crew Appreciation. 

These are just a few examples & not being greatly interested in the Sphere-class ships, I’ve given up on trying to follow all of those category name changes. Apparently Princess has nothing more important to do than to create new names to confuse people.

You missed Tenders becoming Water Shuttles. 🙄

• Haha 3

Guess I'll have to look to make sure my dining arrangements for our 3 cruises booked next year haven't suddenly vanished. It's good that they are listing the type of dining for each venue. I had to just check what was offered for each and then take the one that fit what I wanted. It wasn't difficult but would definitely been a better experience with the dining type clearly listed.

Edit: Just checked. Love the new, clear listing of the dining type for each venue. Reservations for all 3 cruises are still exactly as I originally made them. How nice to have an update that doesn't seem to have broken anything but, then again, I haven't had that many issues with the app other than when it was first released.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

I just updated my app and I'm delighted that my dining reservations are exactly as they were.  Of course, mine are easy, only one cruise.  Like Thrak, I have had little to no problems with the old app or this new one.  The only problem I had was on this new one.  I couldn't get it to let me put in my companions so I could schedule dining for all 3 of us.  Had to call the Ocean Ready people and they got it fixed very quickly while I was on the line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorri111 said:

No sooner did I say app updated fine than it lost all dining reservations!

When installing the iOS update yesterday (Friday) I could view all of my dining reservations.

Currently dining states “Can’t load the content” which likely is a result of their IT weekend warriors working on their system resulting in some temporary issues. I’ll check again on Monday & expect to see the dining options & my reservations displayed again.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

When installing the iOS update yesterday (Friday) I could view all of my dining reservations.

Currently dining states “Can’t load the content” which likely is a result of their IT weekend warriors working on their system resulting in some temporary issues. I’ll check again on Monday & expect to see the dining options & my reservations displayed again.

I’m seeing the same message. I didn’t know there was an update yesterday and my guess is that my device automatically uploaded it.

14 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

@Astro Flyer I still have version 1.4.0 but I’m getting the same error message as you. I wonder why? 

My guess…based on past weekend experiences, IT is working on the system & the problem is not a result of the version installed.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

My guess…based on past weekend experiences, IT is working on the system & the problem is not a result of the version installed.

Princess must hate their IT dept

I'm also a big fan of this update that shows which dining room is which. Oddly enough, I decided to go ahead and order the medallions for a February 2025 sailing. Payment method is fine. But I only get the option to pick them up at the port, which is not my first choice. Is anybody else hitting this?

Never mind on this. I just noticed that it tells me to complete all check info to enable all shipping options. I'll leave the above in case anybody else is confused on this.

Edited by Sea Hag
more info
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Today all dining options are available & all of our dinner reservations are correct.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I'm also a big fan of this update that shows which dining room is which. Oddly enough, I decided to go ahead and order the medallions for a February 2025 sailing. Payment method is fine. But I only get the option to pick them up at the port, which is not my first choice. Is anybody else hitting this?

Never mind on this. I just noticed that it tells me to complete all check info to enable all shipping options. I'll leave the above in case anybody else is confused on this.

That confused me as well at first keep going back and starting the process over if need be. Hint - When you see your home address make sure you tap on it that will trigger the ability to complete the order

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

That confused me as well at first keep going back and starting the process over if need be. Hint - When you see your home address make sure you tap on it that will trigger the ability to complete the order

I got it done. One less thing to think about. 🙂