Well I learned something new! The YC interior rooms on the Seascape are different sizes! I chose wrong!

Linda W.

I talked with an agent on MSC the other day.  I was asking about purchasing an upgrade from the YIN to a balcony YC room.  He said they were all sold out.  I asked him just how small my room is.  He said 17sq m.  I said oh gosh my husband won't be happy I did this!  I asked the agent if they were all this small and he said no.  But he did say I didn't have the SMALLEST room but almost!  I told him I got one of the last 3 rooms in the YC when I booked.  I didn't really have much of a choice and I did this on my own without a travel agent and was talking directly with someone from MSC when I booked. Perhaps that person wasn't informed on the best rooms (although perhaps the ones left were all that size) so maybe or maybe not I screwed up.  I booked in a hurry before those rooms were gone and should have done some homework.  This will be our first YC and for that matter MSC experience.  We are going to be in room 18033 and hopefully all will be okay.

Although I failed to bring my tape measure on board with me, our December 2023 Seascape YIN booking was advertised as 226 square feet.  Judge for yourself by these photos of YIN 18029.  It sure did not seem overly spacious to us….

IMG_9252.thumb.jpeg.b312ef76fe2707d4d332325f842a2cfe.jpeg

IMG_9253.thumb.jpeg.6dd6051de387d4c9d3570317cbed3d73.jpeg

IMG_9260.thumb.jpeg.e7d2b487324d9092135dded9b5f7ee71.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Although I failed to bring my tape measure on board with me, our December 2023 Seascape YIN booking was advertised as 226 square feet.  Judge for yourself by these photos of YIN 18029.  It sure did not seem overly spacious to us….

IMG_9252.thumb.jpeg.b312ef76fe2707d4d332325f842a2cfe.jpeg

IMG_9253.thumb.jpeg.6dd6051de387d4c9d3570317cbed3d73.jpeg

IMG_9260.thumb.jpeg.e7d2b487324d9092135dded9b5f7ee71.jpeg

Does the luggage fit under the bed?  Hopefully the television swivels so that we can watch it in bed!  How did you find the bathroom?  Is there a way to plug in the hair dryer in there or a razor?  Thank you for the help!!!

6 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

Does the luggage fit under the bed?  Hopefully the television swivels so that we can watch it in bed!  How did you find the bathroom?  Is there a way to plug in the hair dryer in there or a razor?  Thank you for the help!!!

We had interior cabin 16019 in August, the luggage should fit under the bed, the bathroom is what I would call a standard bathroom, nothing big. Hopefully you don’t have this cabin, gets noisy during kitchen cleaning in the middle of the night!

Check YouTube for videos on YIN cabins!

17 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

Yes.  Normal suitcases do fit under the bed.  One of ours is odd sized.  So we left it standing in the corner between the desk and the closet. We found plenty of space for everything.  I don’t know about hair dryers and electric razors.  Last month I did a Live from Seascape report where I posted more photos of the suite, bathroom, and the rest of the yacht club.  The thread has fallen to about the 13th page of the Celebrity boards.  I am unsure how to link it, but below is the title in case you want to check it out.😎

LIVE SIDE-BY-SIDE Celebrity Summit Retreat & Seascape Yacht Club 12/9-21/2023 ~ 1st MSC vs Farewell (?) X Suite Experience

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 1

@Linda W.Your suite is right next to ours and likely is identical.  Yes, the television pivots.  You and your husband will be just fine.  The Yacht Club has so much space to hang out in.  We were hardly ever in our suite.  We spent a lot of time on the Sundeck and in the lounge.  Enjoy!!😉 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

There is no hair dryer outlet in the bathroom but there is one by the desk. There is a provided hair dryer in the drawer of the desk but it’s on a spring cord and you have to hold the button in when you use it. 😵‍💫

Finding the bathroom is problematic but doable. The room is pitch black at night. DH has a terrible habit of leaving piles of land mines (clothes) on the floor so I brought a mini flashlight to use as a guide. 

Also, I moved the little table in front of the mirror pictured above to the foot of the bed. We used it as a place to set luggage or whatnots when we were getting ready. 

The chair is in the footpath to the bathroom and I moved that too. 

You may need to do some rearranging to find your groove but I’m sure you’ll love YC!

• Like 2

We usually rearrange the furniture a bit and put things like coffee maker in a corner next to a sofa or under the bed if it fits.  Also we put the glassware in the bathroom cabinets if there is room.  We put the bedside phone under the bed as well.  Years of inside cabins on a few cruise lines plus our kids sharing the inside cabins with us taught me a few tricks.  When we graduated to suites, I don't use half the drawers we have as I'm so used to traveling light.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2024 at 5:42 PM, Linda W. said:

I talked with an agent on MSC the other day.  I was asking about purchasing an upgrade from the YIN to a balcony YC room.  He said they were all sold out.  I asked him just how small my room is.  He said 17sq m.  I said oh gosh my husband won't be happy I did this!  I asked the agent if they were all this small and he said no.  But he did say I didn't have the SMALLEST room but almost!  I told him I got one of the last 3 rooms in the YC when I booked.  I didn't really have much of a choice and I did this on my own without a travel agent and was talking directly with someone from MSC when I booked. Perhaps that person wasn't informed on the best rooms (although perhaps the ones left were all that size) so maybe or maybe not I screwed up.  I booked in a hurry before those rooms were gone and should have done some homework.  This will be our first YC and for that matter MSC experience.  We are going to be in room 18033 and hopefully all will be okay.

@Linda W.not sure date of your cruise, if over how did you find the Interior on Deck 18? It is hard to tell if Interiors are indeed all the same size. I booked one on Deck 18 yesterday, limited choice, but as most people who choose an Interior say they are seldom in the cabin. 

Because there is no option for a nightlight in the bathroom, I purchased a couple of the lights below on Amazon.  The mouse is for size comparison.  They are magnetic, recharge with a usb cord, have on, off, and auto (motion sensor) 

settings, and bright or dim.  I placed one on the wall across from the toilet.  It stays on about 20 sec., and slight motion turns it back on.  I leave the tv on on the bridge cam channel and even though no view, there is enough ambient light to see to make it to the bathroom.

IMG_1237.jpeg

On 4/12/2024 at 5:55 PM, cellfree said:

@Linda W.not sure date of your cruise, if over how did you find the Interior on Deck 18? It is hard to tell if Interiors are indeed all the same size. I booked one on Deck 18 yesterday, limited choice, but as most people who choose an Interior say they are seldom in the cabin. 

Our room was small BUT it was adequate!  Plenty of closet space, easy to get to both sides of the bed, under bed storage for our luggage, bathroom size adequate BUT the shower was VERY small!  I ended up going to the spa and using the shower there to shave my legs!  Overall I would DEFINITELY book an inside again!  Even if I had to book the same room.  It was just lovely.

• Like 1