The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday January 23rd,

kazu

35 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! 
Hope all goes well for @RMLincoln @ger_77and @Cruzin Terri!  

@VMax1700 sending good wishes for answers tomorrow 

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I’ll try to never rival😂 @grapau27
We are having amazing waves.   Many beaches closed. 

DSC_1368.jpeg

DSC_1363.jpeg

DSC_1360.jpeg

What incredible pictures! Thanks 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

My printing & cursive writing used to be pretty good --- printed a lot when I was transcribing dr's order & still my printing is pretty decent but my cursive has gotten worse over time, particularly my signature, since I had to write it so many times over 25 years as an RN.  We only do vote by mail in Washington state & have for years -- a few years back I had to send in proof that my signature was really mine since it no longer resembled what it had been.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Tomorrow morning she has her review appointment with her surgical oncologist, so we are hoping for good news from him.

So glad to hear she feeling well enough for a hair appointment 👍. My prayers for her appointment tomorrow and very good news 🙏 

23 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

The status board here just changed his color code to Recovery!  One step at a time. Thanks all! Maureen

That’s great news Maureen and very encouraging 🙂 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

The morning was a blur. Hospital called asking we come in asap. DH was asleep, I hadn’t eaten. But I threw snacks in the soft lunch bag, water bottle. DH got all his eye procedures going- pressures, skin coatings, eye drops etc. Showered and out the door. Took as long in the hospital parking lots and garage than getting there from the hotel. He’s in OR now. I’m grateful for all the help he’s getting and all the support. Grateful I can serve his needs. I brought the grab-tool suggested here, and his new step-in shoes - no bending over!  
Glad that his appt tomorrow is 10:10 which is an hour later than I had thought, gives us some better cushion to get breakfast, packed, checked out of hotel. 
Tomorrow rain might hold off till we get home🤞.   But getting through today first!  

@Cruzin Terri Safe travels and good reports!  

Terry @smitty34877 Hard to celebrate with Lou💔 but life is for the living!  Hug Tana, the teenager, those close to you and feel the flow of life!  Sending hugs too!  

The status board here just changed his color code to Recovery!  One step at a time. Thanks all! Maureen

Maureen, I'm glad the surgery is finished and recovery has begun.  I bet you'll find you use the grabber tool a lot too.  Besides, picking things up off the floor, I find it makes getting things off high shelves easy too.

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

My printing & cursive writing used to be pretty good --- printed a lot when I was transcribing dr's order & still my printing is pretty decent but my cursive has gotten worse over time, particularly my signature, since I had to write it so many times over 25 years as an RN.  We only do vote by mail in Washington state & have for years -- a few years back I had to send in proof that my signature was really mine since it no longer resembled what it had been.

In our county in Texas, when we vote in person, you sign in on an electronic pad using your index finger.  It never looks anything like my signature, but it's accepted since a poll worker has your id and watches you sign in.  Voting by mail, the signature has to match the signature on the form requesting a mail in ballot.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Well, I thought we were through with the rain, especially when the clouds cleared in places and we could see the sun.  Then came the sprinkles, and now we have sun and sprinkles. ☀️ 🌧️ 🌦️   This weather is about as crazy as Texas weather.

Oops!.  That is what happens when you are in a hurry.  I wanted to thank you for the information about cursive still being taught in schools.  I was glad to see Texas on the list of states teaching cursive.  I remember in first and second grade being taught to print correctly, and in about the third or fourth grade learning cursive by the Palmer method.

Even though DH learned cursive, as a mechanical engineer, he printed most of the time in business, and now very, very rarely writes in cursive, and that's to sign his name.  Since I'm the one who fills out all the forms in the doctors' offices, I've started printing then.  Otherwise, they might not be able to read what was on the forms.

I'm glad  your DW is still feeling good, and felt like a day at the hairdresser's.

@travelnap  Thank you for doing the research on Joh.  You dug deeper than I did.

Lenda

Actually it was @cat shepardthat decoded that, no disrespect to @travelnapbut credit where credit is due.

Edited by superoma
Spelling
  • Like 8
  • Haha 3

Good Afternoon all.

I just got home and have not read any posts.  I will read them later. Right now I am tired and hungry.

I drove to Jacksonville by myself because Jim didn’t feel well this morning.  That was a long drive to do all by myself.  I had a hard time trying to stay awake coming home.  The weather left a lot to be desired also.

But the best part is that the wounds are healing well.  The whole problem with the itchiness and redness was an allergic reaction to the adhesive on the BandAids i was using.  

The nurse gave me the ones that are used at the Mayo, which are very gentle and will not cause the same reaction,.  They also want me to do vinegar compressions to promote healing three times a day.

Finally I was told that I should buy some large Nexus Waterproof Bandages to use so that I can go in the pool and the sea.  i was also told to have a good time on the cruise.

I am thankful for all your prayers and good wishes.  The worse part of the day was the driving,

Jim and I are going out for dinner so that I don’t have to cook.  Too tired!

Thanks again.

Terri

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

Everyone seems to be getting the health services they needed today.  I wanted to be done with work by 7 so I am taking an hour break vs a 3 hour break and will work for 2 more hours.  DH has his tri weekly infusion tomorrow, so that will be a day off...but I had several folks ask for call backs, so I set them for late in the day. Every day this week is like that.  I really need to make some me time.

@RMLincoln Thanks for keeping us in the loop.  In recovery sounds wonderful!

@Cruzin TerriA much better outcome than what you were thinking!    Allergies develop at all ages, so welcome to another one.  Glad you are home safe and sound.

@smitty34877Tana really has been having a rough time these days,  I hope you show her some of the memes of the dailies, I snorted coffee this morning!  Laughter is the best medicine. It does not do much for pain, but it makes the "hollow" go away.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, superoma said:

Actually it was @cat shepardthat decoded that, no disrespect to @travelnapbut credit where credit is due.

I did give Ann @cat shepard credit in my first post,  #59, and talked about her decoder ring.  When I tagged someone else instead of @travelnap about a second reference to the day, she pointed out that it was not her.   That was the error I was correcting.

Lenda

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Afternoon all.

I just got home and have not read any posts.  I will read them later. Right now I am tired and hungry.

I drove to Jacksonville by myself because Jim didn’t feel well this morning.  That was a long drive to do all by myself.  I had a hard time trying to stay awake coming home.  The weather left a lot to be desired also.

But the best part is that the wounds are healing well.  The whole problem with the itchiness and redness was an allergic reaction to the adhesive on the BandAids i was using.  

The nurse gave me the ones that are used at the Mayo, which are very gentle and will not cause the same reaction,.  They also want me to do vinegar compressions to promote healing three times a day.

Finally I was told that I should buy some large Nexus Waterproof Bandages to use so that I can go in the pool and the sea.  i was also told to have a good time on the cruise.

I am thankful for all your prayers and good wishes.  The worse part of the day was the driving,

Thanks again.

Terri

Terri, that is great news.  I'm sorry you had to drive all that way by yourself, but now you can relax and prepare for your well deserved cruise.  I hope Jim is feeling better this afternoon.

Lenda

• Like 12

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  My feet were examined today but not really measured.  My writing is poor, and I had a turnover today rather than Pie.

Interesting quote by Myers.  I visited Fujairah once on Silver Whisper in a cruise I was happy to be a one and done.

Two great days in recent history.

Not sure I would want Spaghetti Lovers Soup, I'd rather than have regular old spaghetti.  My alternative is Fruit Ceviche, Oaxaca-Chile Pineapple Glazed Ham and Chilean Apple Crumb Cake as served on MS Prinsendam January 22, 2019.

dishes22.jpg

Finally home to stay and just getting to dinner.

Roy

• Like 23

37 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I did give Ann @cat shepard credit in my first post,  #59, and talked about her decoder ring.  When I tagged someone else instead of @travelnap about a second reference to the day, she pointed out that it was not her.   That was the error I was correcting.

Lenda

Reading and replying too fast! Always a problem with me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

What great news, Terri - and even a blessing for your cruise 👍. I’m sorry you had to do that drive by yourself but with the problem resolved it sure sounds like a worthwhile trip.

You deserve dinner out after all that!

• Like 10

allergic reaction to the adhesive on the BandAids i was using.  

I've had allergic reactions to the adhesive on bandages, too. I try to remove them at the earliest possible moment, but for you that time is probably still in the future, so if you can stick with some that you're not allergic to, it will be for the best.

• Like 11

I am not having a Dry January, but I was almost abstemious on the ship (didn't have a beverage plan): one glass of wine most nights at dinner. Twice out of eleven nights I had two. But since the time from this weekend until the stitches are removed in February will be dry, I'm having a glass of wine or a cocktail every evening this week, which I don't usually do at home. Tonight it's the Sauvignon Blanc from the Loire that I opened on Saturday.

• Like 16

@Cruzin Terri SO proud of you for realizing something was wrong, getting pictures, getting an appt AND getting yourself there and back!  You deserve dinner for sure!  Trusting the new bandaging will improve the situation. And you can enjoy your cruise!  

We got back to hotel ok but I hit a curb in the very tight parking garage, ugh. They have median curbs on the curved ramp.  Hope the tire is still round in the morning🤞

I heated up food for DH and me, then he slept. I checked out the hotel happy hour- not much to eat but I gladly accepted a gin and tonic!  
When DH is ready I’ll heat up something to eat for tonight, then a start to packing for the morning. I’m glad his appt is after 10:00 tomorrow, not as much of a rush!  Hoping we can be on the road by noon. Will have to stop for gas but I’ll need a break. If today’s forecast holds, the rain may not start till after we’re home!  🤞

Thanks all!  

@Seasick Sailor Sad to hear Ron’s situation is so complex!  And sure sounding. We’re grateful for his service!  Prayers for a better path!  

@smitty34877 nice to know you’ve had a lovely birthday!  Lots of love around you!  

Maureen 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, RMLincoln said:

@Cruzin Terri SO proud of you for realizing something was wrong, getting pictures, getting an appt AND getting yourself there and back!  You deserve dinner for sure!  Trusting the new bandaging will improve the situation. And you can enjoy your cruise!  

We hit back to hotel ok but I fid hit a curb in the very tight parking garage, ugh. Hope the tires is still round in the morning!  I heated up food for DH and me, then he slept. I checked out the hotel happy hour- not much to eat but  I gladly accepted a gin and tonic!  
When DH is ready I’ll heat up something to eat fire tonight, then start packing for the morning. I’m glad his appt is after 10:00!  Hoping we can be on the road by noon. Will have to stop for gas but I’ll need a break. If today’s forecast holds, the rain may not start till after we’re home!  🤞

Thanks all!  

@Seasick Sailor Sad to hear Ron’s situation is so complex!  Prayers for a better path!  

Maureen 

Maureen - glad to read you had a little me time!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Lenda

at the risk of dragging this out - could you flow chart this for me?😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Good Afternoon all.

Thanks again.

Terri

Wonderful news, Terri. Boy do you deserve some me time. Glad your cruise is coming fast. 

• Like 8

Good evening. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @kazu and @richwmn.

I remember as a kid using that metal contraption to measure my feet. I was often told I had good handwriting; my teacher DM had perfect Palmer method handwriting. But I mainly print nowadays. I haven't had my favorite key lime pie in a while. Maybe on the meal, pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to UAE. Go Sweden, and I remember watching Roots.

It's currently 42F and sprinkling rain. Freezing rain had been forecast for this AM when it was below freezing, but luckily it went north of us. I had a bad night, sleeping only about 1.5 hours. Then after posting the Cares List, I stayed in bed and woke up at 9:30 after another 1.5 hours of sleep. I was getting dressed, when the contractor called to see if he could bring the floor refinishing person by. Then it was off to PT, followed by a visit to the clinic about my leg swelling. Of course I was done just as rush hour was in full force on the interstate. I didn't hear from the interventional radiologist, so I'll wait until midday tomorrow, and if still no call, I call the Neurosurgeon's office to let them know.

@DWAliaschief Happy Birthday Sue!

@smitty34877 Happy Birthday Terry! I'm glad you're taking it easy today. I'm sorry to hear Tana has had difficult days, and pray that things improve for her. I'm sure you appreciated when her friend was there for a while. 

@ger_77 I hope the Chiro fixes DH right up and that the cortisone shot helps your shoulder pain.

@MISTER 67 You were already on my list, but thanks for the heads up about your cruise.

@cat shepard Good job with your decoder ring!

@superoma I'm glad your DD made it to work safely.

@marshhawk I hope you get DH's leg pain sorted out, and that Bubbles will heal. Thanks for the Rome photos. 

@Seasick Sailor Prayers for Ron.

@VMax1700 I'm glad your DW felt good enough to go to the hairdresser today. Prayers for good news from the surgical oncologist tomorrow. 

@bennybear Wow on those waves. They're beautiful and hopefully won't do damage. 

@ottahand7 Nice photos.

@RMLincoln Oh my, what a way to start the day. Prayers that DH's surgery is successful. I bought some of the same things (grab tool and step in shoes) in case I end up having back surgery. Let his healing begin! Safe trip home tomorrow.

@Cruzin Terri Quite the trip, doing it all alone. I'm glad you're home safely. Good news on the diagnosis; I had wondered about an allergy to the bandage adhesive. Now you can enjoy your cruise!

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

Well some really good news. My nephew ( who is also my Godson) and his wife welcomed a beautiful baby boy this AM. She was having a problem pregnancy and had trouble with their first delivery.  So we were all very concerned.  She was sent to Beth Israel in Boston and delivered a  10 pound, 10oz boy.  Yes that is not a typo! 

His name is Ryan Charles. Charles is after my late brother . This would be his first Grandson. Cant post pictures until I have permission. He looks like he is ready to join the Team!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, superoma said:

Reading and replying too fast! Always a problem with me.

Eva, don't worry about it.  It's happened to me more than once.  That may be why I got two other posts mixed up.

17 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

We got back to hotel ok but I hit a curb in the very tight parking garage, ugh. They have median curbs on the curved ramp.  Hope the tire is still round in the morning🤞

I heated up food for DH and me, then he slept. I checked out the hotel happy hour- not much to eat but I gladly accepted a gin and tonic!  
When DH is ready I’ll heat up something to eat for tonight, then a start to packing for the morning. I’m glad his appt is after 10:00 tomorrow, not as much of a rush!  Hoping we can be on the road by noon. Will have to stop for gas but I’ll need a break. If today’s forecast holds, the rain may not start till after we’re home!  🤞

Thanks all!  

@Seasick Sailor Sad to hear Ron’s situation is so complex!  And sure sounding. We’re grateful for his service!  Prayers for a better path!  

@smitty34877 nice to know you’ve had a lovely birthday!  Lots of love around you!  

Maureen 

Maureen, I'm glad your DH is back at the hotel and resting now.  I hope tomorrow's appointment goes well, and you are cleared to head home.  Safe travels, and I hope you stay ahead of the rain.

14 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Lenda

at the risk of dragging this out - could you flow chart this for me?😜

Sorry, Ann, but I don't think that will be possible.  I think I'd just make it more confusing.  Let's just say, being in a hurry and trying to remember who wrote what can cause mix ups.  Sadly, I can't promise it won't happen in the future.  😁

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Well some really good news. My nephew ( who is also my Godson) and his wife welcomed a beautiful baby boy this AM. She was having a problem pregnancy and had trouble with their first delivery.  So we were all very concerned.  She was sent to Beth Israel in Boston and delivered a  10 pound, 10oz boy.  Yes that is not a typo! 

His name is Ryan Charles. Charles is after my late brother . This would be his first Grandson. Cant post pictures until I have permission. He looks like he is ready to join the Team!

Fabulous news!  Fabulous.   Wow, she had one BIG bouncing boy.  Congratulations ♥️ 

20 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

I think that drink was more than deserved 👍 

20 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Safe travels tomorrow.  I sure hope you can beat the rain or any bad weather (and that the tire is round in the morning - not good to drive on a spare for a long period of time).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1