Voyager - Quiet corners to chill while waiting for cabins to open?

I'll be on Voyager soon.   Our carry-on will include 2-3 bottles of wine, One or two 12-packs of soda.  DH's CPAP and medicines.  Plus the normal swimsuits, etc.  I plan on bringing our collapsible wagon and having in it all the carry-on stuff for at least four of us.  My plan is to find a quiet corner with a comfy chair where I can park the wagon while I chill and read my kindle until the cabins open.  Where are some good places?   Looking at the maps it seems the library/game room would be ideal, but it is located with cabins, so I probably can't get to it until the cabins open.  

Note, before anyone fusses about wagons taking lots of room in the WJ, I don't think I'll even go there on embarkation day.   We'll have the free hot breakfast at the hotel, and I love breakfast.  Then we have early dining so I'll probably skip lunch.  I am looking for a place to chill that isn't the WJ.  

Why not just get on later when you can go straight to cabin and lines through security will be quieter?

Getting a wagon up to Viking lounge will be a hassle.

Edited by c-leg5

Everyone is super eager to get on.   My friend going with us, an experienced cruiser, said that the only thing keeping her family from arriving at 7am and pressing their faces to the glass is the hotel breakfast.  By arriving early, DH and the teenagers can explore the ship and get started on the  flowrider, etc. right away.  I'm the planner (if you guys hadn't noticed), so I'll be antsy that morning until we are physically on the ship.  Once on, I'll be quite happy to chill and read. 

I read something about some ships doing wine tastings that they don't publish, you just have to ask at the right bar early on Day1 to get on the list, so I might have someone in our group take my seat while I run and check into that.  

19 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Getting a wagon up to Viking lounge will be a hassle.

This!!

I'd hate to be negotiating a wagon full of stuff around.  Just checkin at 12:30. Cabins will be ready by the time you hit the deck.

• Thanks 1

You will board the ship on deck 4. That is the promenade deck that goes (almost) all the way around the ship on the outside. Pull the wagon around the back of the ship and find a place on the other side of the ship. There will be nobody there. Everyone will embark and then work their way to the Windjammer, pool or bars. The other side of the promenade deck will be a ghost town. You won't even have to wheel the wagon inside the ship until it's time to go to your cabin.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I'll be on Voyager soon.   Our carry-on will include 2-3 bottles of wine, One or two 12-packs of soda.  DH's CPAP and medicines.  Plus the normal swimsuits, etc.  I plan on bringing our collapsible wagon and having in it all the carry-on stuff for at least four of us.  My plan is to find a quiet corner with a comfy chair where I can park the wagon while I chill and read my kindle until the cabins open.  Where are some good places?   Looking at the maps it seems the library/game room would be ideal, but it is located with cabins, so I probably can't get to it until the cabins open.  

Note, before anyone fusses about wagons taking lots of room in the WJ, I don't think I'll even go there on embarkation day.   We'll have the free hot breakfast at the hotel, and I love breakfast.  Then we have early dining so I'll probably skip lunch.  I am looking for a place to chill that isn't the WJ.  

Deck 5 Starlounge, plenty of comfortable chairs , couches and tables and it will be 99% empty. 

image.png.164dc0a022c79681a344064b8d71246c.png

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Just curious, where do most people go before the cabins are ready?   I'd guess pool and WJ.   Anywhere else?

That Deck 5 Starlounge also looks nice.  

WJ, the most over packed place on the ship as everyone wants lunch and then just sit until cabins open. Hit the Starlounge and have one of your unencumbered family members bring you some eats from the  WJ or Cafe promenade. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Viking Crown is never busy.

Do they have a bar open on embark days?  We plan on eating a big breakfast but we are in a suite so will board early. I just want to go and hang out and have a drink in a quiet place until rooms our ready. Our Voyager cruise is in Sept. 

Edited by firstimer2009
  • Like 1

Just now, firstimer2009 said:

Do they have a bar open on embark days?  We plan on eating a big breakfast but we are in a suite so will board early. I just want to go and hang out and have a drink in a quiet place until rooms our ready. Our Voyager cruise is in Sept. 

Almost all bars are open as soon as boarding starts. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, firstimer2009 said:

Sadly no. You'd have to go to one of the pool bars.

We just go get a drink and bring it to the VC lounge.

59 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Is the Solarium area bar and pool open?  Our room is right below there so probably the best place to hang out and wait for our rooms.

Edited by firstimer2009
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Both those look much comfier than the WJ.  I wonder why more people don't hang out there on day 1?   

The WJ. is a place for food . The bars are a place for drinks. Depending on the weather many prefer to be outside after eating or getting “bargains” in the promenade, arranging dining, spa treatments.

Like most things on the ships, different people have different priorities.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

We have had drinks in Viking Lounge before now. I remember distinctly because the barman put soda in my gin instead of tonic!

You just have to check your app to see what is open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We stake out chairs in the Solarium and grab food and bring it back.  Generally a ghost town until around 2 PM and not busy even then.  If nobody around may both get lunch together.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 1:50 PM, Chiliburn said:

I you go to guest service and say you have medication and you would like to put in your cabin. They should let you.

But Viking crown lounge is nice.

I hadn't noticed this when you posted.  That is exceedingly helpful.  Daughter's medicine is over $1000/vial so I guard it closely.  It also has to be kept cold.  It would be nice to drop it off early and put it in the medicine fridge.   No one would know it is expensive, but still.   

On 1/24/2024 at 5:55 PM, c-leg5 said:

The WJ. is a place for food . The bars are a place for drinks.

Voyager has or used to have a bar right in it's entrance.  You could sit and have drinks anytime.