The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 4th, 2024

kazu

Good morning and thanks all! 
We enjoyed Alesund years ago.  
@grapau27 adding my condolences on the loss of your church friend.  

@57redbird my cousin had surgery for an aneurysm at Swedish as well in Seattle.   Thankfully he is fully recovered. 
We spent a wonderful day watching the whales and dolphins.

DSC_1490.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 4

Good morning and Happy Sunday from the beautiful Koningsdam!  The seas look choppy and we are rolling but I’m doing okay as long as I don’t watch the motion.  Internet is slow. 

Joy @Seasick Sailor , thank you for your reply. I think you mentioned Oliver’s mixed breed before but I had forgotten. He is just so adorable. I’m so happy you rescued him. 

Graham @grapau27, I am so sorry about your loss in your church family. Prayers for Julia’s husband. 

The cooking demo was good and interesting. Debbie’s pictures are better than mine. We are planning to attend the hula and ukulele program at 1:00 right after lunch. 

Thoughts and prayers for all. Have a great day everyone!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

In the interest of research, DH asked if they could make today's drink.  Unfortunately, we'll never know what it tastes like.  They are missing one of the ingredients.

For the first time on the cruise, they were able to open the dome, and the sun felt so good as we walked across the Lido.

Lenda

• Like 20

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the FR/Daily.

Not a fan of the days. I have two FB accounts - one just for games I play, and the other to keep up with friends, although I rarely post anything any more. Interesting quote. The meal sounds ok. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Alesund. 

It's another sunny day with a high of 51F expected. I will be inside, trying to clear out the dining room for the floor renovation. I don't know where I'll put everything that's in there. I did take Benadryl last night and got a total of about 4.5 hours sleep. 

@StLouisCruisers Prayers for DB and Scott. I hope the family members have mild cases. Go FC Dallas and Ren! Excellent photos from Alesund and thanks for posting Lenda's too.

@kazu Thanks for our startup today. Congrats to you and Ivan on his learning of commands.

@grapau27 Condolences on the sudden passing of your former church warden Paul's wife Julia. Prayers for Paul in his battle with cancer.

@Seasick Sailor Good job on the garage organization.

@ger_77 I'm glad the increased diuretic is working for DH.

@Nickelpenny Wow, you are adventurous making ricotta from the drained whey from making yogurt. 

@marshhawk Sorry to hear your cough is still interfering with you getting a good night's sleep. 

@smitty34877 I am glad to hear that you and the teenager are feeling better. I don't like to hear that Tana has a fever, and I hope the nurse will have good advice. 

@rafinmd Thank you for our maps today.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, thanks for your prayers for my DB and friend Scott.  I sincerely hope that he recovers again during his rehab stint.  Also for your good wishes for the Covid patients.  I'm sure I don't know most of them but still hope everyone recovers fully.  Crazy how many were exposed.  I heard a dozen people caught Covid!

I got the results of the big game from DS.  Unfortunately, the Austin team got revenge by winning 3-2.  Ren scored a late, high degree of difficulty goal according to DS.  I would love to see a video of that.  I hope all players enjoyed the experience of playing in the professional soccer stadium.  Must have been pretty exciting for boys that age.

It's raining quite a bit.  No idea how much we've gotten but it should continue all night and into tomorrow.  No drought here!

• Like 16

21 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

all I know is that if it gets much colder, I want snow...and Tiger is on the porch, by choice with the heater, and a bed, and food.

You WANT snow, Annie?   Ok, let me see if my breath is strong enough to blow out your way 😂. You’re welcome to it.

Nice on Tiger being comfy and safe ♥️ 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good evening, I hope everyone had a good day.

It was a beautiful sunny day and it is supposed to be a nice week with temperatures up to near 60 by the end of the week.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 18

Due to a large storm we have an itinerary change. We will arrive Bora Bora in morning and instead of an overnight we will leave at 10:00 PM and go back to Moorea and hopefully get back on schedule after that.

Per Captain this storm would be packing winds over 100 mph and we should expect rain over the next 72 hours and may encounter some rough seas.

Hey, we have no wish of sailing through a cyclone but we do love living on a ship at sea.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Not only is it raining, as @StLouisCruisers said, it feels cold-it says cold weather, feels  colder, 

all I know is that if it gets much colder, I want snow...and Tiger is on the porch, by choice with the heater, and a bed, and food.

No snow wanted here!  If there is any I hope it falls in your neighborhood.  If I was a homeless cat, I'd want to live on your porch with a heater, a bed and food too!

• Like 13

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Due to a large storm we have an itinerary change. We will arrive Bora Bora in morning and instead of an overnight we will leave at 10:00 PM and go back to Moorea and hopefully get back on schedule after that.

Per Captain this storm would be packing winds over 100 mph and we should expect rain over the next 72 hours and may encounter some rough seas.

Hey, we have no wish of sailing through a cyclone but we do love living on a ship at sea.

I am just glad you are getting to Bora Bora.  Patrick’s tour was one of my best memories on our lowly 35 day cruise.

Sadly, in this area, you have to be prepared to adapt and go with the flow.

Kudos to you for doing it 👍 

41 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

No snow wanted here!  If there is any I hope it falls in your neighborhood.  If I was a homeless cat, I'd want to live on your porch with a heater, a bed and food too!

I so agree with you.  Annie and her DH are so kind to care for the cats.

there’s no enclosed porch here, but the last homeless cat that got dropped here ended up being our 5th.  She was a sweet girl and the dogs acclimated her to life here very fast.  Maverick (my humongous white mountain dog) laid at the side of the couch while I comforted her for hours (after she was checked by the vet to make sure she was safe for my other cats)  until she ventured down and curled in his fur with the other cats.  

I had a weird house where the cats loved the dogs.  No one’s else’s but the dogs in this house were sancrosanct and their refuge.

• Like 19

Here’s a couple shots of Sue and the ukulele class.  She is second row far left, red shirt, long gray hair and glasses.IMG_3084.thumb.jpeg.3c0362c2800a00fc5ad1f4ff7d038615.jpeg

IMG_3085.thumb.jpeg.fe75b00e8e95e2ef1ff6b36452bcfc15.jpeg

IMG_3092.thumb.jpeg.e33a1a204700140ef11214eafeee95eb.jpeg

@grapau27 My condolences on the loss of a member of your church family.  I’m sure church members will rally around Paul.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, kazu said:

I am just glad you are getting to Bora Bora.  Patrick’s tour was one of my best memories on our lowly 35 day cruise.

Sadly, in this area, you have to be prepared to adapt and go with the flow.

Kudos to you for doing it 👍 

Yes we are scheduled for Patrick’s tour. However,  if it’s still raining cats and dogs like it was here today we most likely will cancel. The caveat to this is we have done this tour before and memories are still fondly remembered. Just a great excursion.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Yes we are scheduled for Patrick’s tour. However,  if it’s still raining cats and dogs like it was here today we most likely will cancel. The caveat to this is we have done this tour before and memories are still fondly remembered. Just a great excursion.

I would gladly do Patrick’s tour a second time.   I hope the weather changes for you.  🤞 

• Like 7