New 3rd dining time for traditional dining

20 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I would like RCCL to give up on traditional dining and just make everything MTD. In today's culture, they end up with lots of open seats which could be used to feed people,,, rather than making them wait. 

No.  Like having a set table and same staff eho know I'm allergic to fish, dh likes black coffee and I like black tea with milk.  If we have an open bottle of wine they know where it is.  Just so easy.  We also like late seating.   On port days no rush to get to dinner.  Can shower, relax, etc before heading out.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It wasn't on the Wonder a few weeks ago, but it would be perfect for us. 

Hope it is implemented fleet wide soon. 

I read an article about  the new dinner time it  mentioned a  60-75 minute dinner teem allotment. I thought the new streamlined menu was to speed up dinner to less than an hour.  At least that's what we were all told. 

M

Shoot as Solo I've been in/out in 25-35 for about 10yrs. When with my Family about 45min is the norm. Now 20-35yrs ago we were Lucky if was under 2hrs and make the 1045pm second but that was when 5 course meal was the norm

6 hours ago, steveru621 said:

Entertainment is complicated.  We don't go to most shows, but I would like the option.

On Odessey and Oasis, the early showtimes always conflicted with our 8:00 CK dinner.  The late shows were too late.  

I prefer the Radiance class theater shows at 7 PM and 9 PM and adult shows at 10:00.  Not much variety, but we had options.

I remember when 1st Show was 8:45pm and 2nd at 1100pm as both after Dinner. Second we'd get out show just in time for the Midnite Buffet. Last 5yrs about 1/3 my long 10-16nite Radiance Class Cruises multiple shows inc 1st and last were combined between 1st & 2nd Dining's along with at least 2 nites no shows. 

• Like 1

Our early dining on Oasis a few months back was at 5pm... it was WAY too early, missed the sail away on day 1, had to rush back if we wanted MDR dinner on port days... late (or mid if it becomes a thing) dinner from now on!! 

Sorry if not relevant to the topic of 3 dining times, but I booked early dining on our upcoming Oasis sailing in May and it's showing at 6pm which is perfect for us with a small child. But the comments on here seem to be saying early is 5 or 5.30?

Do you think the 6pm could be incorrect, or do Med cruises tend to have later dining times?

Our only other RC cruise we did MTD but that starts too late for those with kids.

Edited by SquishTheWhale

13 minutes ago, SquishTheWhale said:

Sorry if not relevant to the topic of 3 dining times, but I booked early dining on our upcoming Oasis sailing in May and it's showing at 6pm which is perfect for us with a small child. But the comments on here seem to be saying early is 5 or 5.30?

Do you think the 6pm could be incorrect, or do Med cruises tend to have later dining times?

Our only other RC cruise we did MTD but that starts too late for those with kids.

The dining times can change when a ship moves from Caribbean to Europe sailings.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I would like RCCL to give up on traditional dining and just make everything MTD. In today's culture, they end up with lots of open seats which could be used to feed people,,, rather than making them wait. 

And end up with more tables like this in MTD

Point Blur_Oct262022_192839.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SquishTheWhale said:

I would think 6pm is correct for a Med cruise, it's normal to have later times than US cruises. I remember one cruise years ago when RCL had a ship based in Malaga that late dining was 9.30, even we who like late sitting changed to early which was 7pm.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, kernow said:

I would think 6pm is correct for a Med cruise, it's normal to have later times than US cruises. I remember one cruise years ago when RCL had a ship based in Malaga that late dining was 9.30, even we who like late sitting changed to early which was 7pm.

On our last B2B on Odyssey in the Med, our time showed 6pm but they wanted us there by 530. 
I’ve noticed this on most cruises lately, the times on our reservation get pushed back by half hour.

13 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

What false information did I post?

I never said the program is currently available on Wonder.

You know I was talking about the post from the OP...cruiseboy.  I see no reason to defend his false and misleading post.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, kernow said:

I remember that too. The 9.30 time was a bit later than our usual dinner time but it was OK for us although I know a lot of late seating guests changed to early on that one.

Agree 6 pm sounds right for early in the Med.

Someone who is currently on Spectrum posted on FB that it's already showing on Spectrum's schedule on the app.  It's on the Crown and Anchor Society Lounge FB page.    The "article" linked is on the RC Blog which correctly reports RC items all the time.  And, yes, before someone points it out, Spectrum is in Asia.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Try to imagine a reality where there are 6000 guests on a ship and they don’t all want the same thing or think the same as you. Options are important and adding a 3rd main dining in no way keeps a MTD guest from booking MTD. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BND said:

Someone who is currently on Spectrum posted on FB that it's already showing on Spectrum's schedule on the app.  It's on the Crown and Anchor Society Lounge FB page.    The "article" linked is on the RC Blog which correctly reports RC items all the time.  And, yes, before someone points it out, Spectrum is in Asia.

That is indeed the case.

But yes, what happens on Spectrum isn’t necessarily representative of the entire fleet. Very different market. 

IMG_0515.thumb.png.665393f5da4b7ed47f3bb61b0611f404.png

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

On our last B2B on Odyssey in the Med, our time showed 6pm but they wanted us there by 530. 
I’ve noticed this on most cruises lately, the times on our reservation get pushed back by half hour.

When you say they wanted you there, do you mean the time officially changed to 5.30 once you boarded, or they just asked you to get there early?

Edited by SquishTheWhale

2 hours ago, island lady said:

You know I was talking about the post from the OP...cruiseboy.  I see no reason to defend his false and misleading post.  

Actually I cannot read your mind and I did not know what the blazes you were thinking when you replied my post with a complaint about false information.  I don’t think you’d like it if someone said that to you, Pat.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

This would be utter chaos and double the time it would take to get food to the table.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SquishTheWhale said:

When you say they wanted you there, do you mean the time officially changed to 5.30 once you boarded, or they just asked you to get there early?

Our confirmation said 6pm but our sea pass cards said 5:30 so I assume sometime between the day we booked the cruises and when we boarded things changed. This was Odyssey on a Med B2B and both legs said 5:30.

3 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Our confirmation said 6pm but our sea pass cards said 5:30 so I assume sometime between the day we booked the cruises and when we boarded things changed. This was Odyssey on a Med B2B and both legs said 5:30.

This is almost every cruise, now. Even the app will list a time and then a week out, that time will move up 30 minutes. Not sure why they still tell people at booking that early dining will be at 5:30 or 6 pm when they know it’ll be 5 pm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

This is almost every cruise, now. Even the app will list a time and then a week out, that time will move up 30 minutes. Not sure why they still tell people at booking that early dining will be at 5:30 or 6 pm when they know it’ll be 5 pm. 

We’ve been seeing that for quite awhile too. The poster was asking about a Med cruise and routinely they mostly still did the later dinners, but things changed …

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

i would love if RCCL can update MTD so it works like carnival where you can request the table using the app and then go to the dinning room when the table is ready. the current MTD process on royal ships ive been on is a massive mess with long lines and long waits. 

Edited by shof515
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Gotcha thanks. I can live with 5.30 but 5 would definitely be too early. Most of our port days are 8pm sailaways!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i would love if RCCL can update MTD so it works like carnival where you can request the table using the app and then go to the dinning room when the table is ready. the current MTD process on royal ships ive bene on is a massive mess with long lines and long waits. 

NCL MTD works seamlessly and we've never waited for a table so I don't know why Royal can't handle it. I realise the whole ship is on MTD with NCL but the core principles should be the same.

• Like 1