3/1/24: Sharp Price Increases Today!!!

Posted (edited)

Well in Europe, the Love Boat Sale ended on February 29.

Jetzt-inklusive-1-1080x550.jpg

So no wonder prices went up March 1st. 

Edited by EDVM96

Princess' website seems to be having all sorts of problems, atleast for this Canadian. I can't get any further than choosing a cabin before getting an error message (all day, no matter the device, clearing my cache or using a private browser), and if I change my search to include Plus the price goes up from anywhere between $80 per day (normal) to $110 per day (totally wrong). I guess I'll keep waiting for an acceptable price because YIKES the price per day is 50% higher than it was a year ago!! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nodakboiler said:

Our cruise is now $356 LESS pp- first Princess cruise. Can we call to get a reduction or would they possibly give us the difference in OBC?

Yes!

29 minutes ago, Nodakboiler said:

Our cruise is now $356 LESS pp- first Princess cruise. Can we call to get a reduction or would they possibly give us the difference in OBC?

Great!  Call your TA or whomever you use to book your cruises.  Hopefully, you can refare.  If not, canceling and making a new booking is also a possibility.

38 minutes ago, Nodakboiler said:

Are you in the penalty phase?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are booked on the same cruise, but in April of 2025.

We've been thinking about booking this itinerary for years and finally did. Hopefully it's as fun as we've heard it to be. I have to admit the older we get, the more we enjoy sea days and there are plenty on this cruise! 😂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HikaruTsuki said:

Princess' website seems to be having all sorts of problems, atleast for this Canadian. I can't get any further than choosing a cabin before getting an error message (all day, no matter the device, clearing my cache or using a private browser), and if I change my search to include Plus the price goes up from anywhere between $80 per day (normal) to $110 per day (totally wrong). I guess I'll keep waiting for an acceptable price because YIKES the price per day is 50% higher than it was a year ago!! 

Same here.  I think my Feb 2025 Discovery Princess cruise dropped a bit, but I can’t get passed picking a cabin, so guess I’ll be calling Princess to check.  My 2026 14 day on Majestic Princess did go up quite a bit though and I didn’t have to go far to see that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Just looked and my cruise went down $40pp in my category.  Now asked my TA to get the lower price.  That's two specialties LOL.

Nice.  Only one of ours that went down a tiny bit, was a Caribbean  itinerary.  The other areas went up quite a bit. 🙁

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, HikaruTsuki said:

Yes, it the website is broken for me too. It gives me an error message whenever I get to the point of choosing a package when booking a cruise.

As for the price, at one point on the website I noticed that the package prices were being quoted in Canadian dollars and not US dollars. Princess is using a 1.35 exchange rate so $80USD = $108CDN and $60USD=$81CDN. Maybe this is what you saw?

Regardless, it is pretty clear that whomever is in charge of the website and the app (which has plenty of issues too) is not doing any sort of testing before releasing updates.

Edited by CDNCruiser55

Yes, the past two days can't get past picking a cabin.  Says We were not able to continue to the next step. Please try again or revisit us later this evening.  Have been getting that for the past two days, cleared cache/browsing/cookies, tried different browsers, tried different devices and incognito.

Not booking right now but comparing cruises for 2026 on princess and celebrity.  Going on princess in two months, celebrity next year and 2026 comparing right now.  Haven't cruised since 2014, once on NCL, three times on Celebrity, looking forward to Princess Sky right now.

39 minutes ago, CDNCruiser55 said:

Princess is using a 1.35 exchange rate so $80USD = $108CDN and $60USD=$81CDN. Maybe this is what you saw?

This is the funny thing--I searched by Plus (not Premier) and prices jumped by over $100CDN per day. This doesn't happen consistently, just sometimes. Princess is having some significant issues in their coding.