Guy Burgers

14 hours ago, staceyglow said:

In 27 Carnival cruises (including 4 on the Spirit), I have never ever encountered a situation at a made-to-order food place when they wouldn't accommodate reasonable requests like that.

You must have run into a really anal retentive crewmember.

I was on the Spirit in December and never even ordered "off the menu." I just walked up, told them what I wanted and got it. Everyone else did the same around me too, more or less. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Our feelings are much the same.  One variable that sticks out in my memory as potentially different is the seasoning on the fries (might be as little a difference as to how much applied), but probably splitting hairs.

Based on my taste buds alone I've never met a Guy's fry that I haven't enjoyed in the moment.

50 minutes ago, bg2310 said:

They are very good, and a big hit. Always packed there. Everyone I knew who tried one enjoyed Guy's and found it tasty.

Even the fries are good! I mean they're french fries, can't go wrong there. :classic_biggrin:

Yep!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

Burgers themselves are just as good as ever provided you get a fresh one - not as many toppings offered - fries are just Ore Ida tossed in taco seasoning.

I like Ore Ida.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

VERY GOOD AND TASTY.  I had one almost every day and like the fixings bar.

As a side note: on the Horizon, they use the grill from Guys to make the french toast.

they do not do this on Celebration as Guys is up and further away from buffet.  Therefore, the french toast is better on the Horizon.  

Is the French Toast that is grilled at Guy's, served at Guy's when on Horizon? Or served at the buffet?  TIA!

27 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Based on my taste buds alone I've never met a Guy's fry that I haven't enjoyed in the moment.

Yep!

The only complaint I really have is their burgers are messy. But, then again for many that just means a better burger!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

DH and DS think they are still good and they also agree that for some reason the best they ever had was on MG.  They love them and eat their share anytime we are sailing.  

I have to say the Guy's burger on MG was the best Guy's burger ever for me!  I have to have at least one Guy's burger each cruise but on MG, I had two!😻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

I like Ore Ida.

It's all I buy at home - they're perfectly fine - but they are nothing like the fries they used to have.

Just now, mz-s said:

It's all I buy at home - they're perfectly fine - but they are nothing like the fries they used to have.

I'll take your word for it because I didn't recognize the difference. I figure they are included fries with an item that is included in the fare. 

I do look at Guys burgers similar to how I think of In-N-Out...."great burgers crappy fries", but I still eat the fries.  I only have Guys a few times each cruise but the teenage boys we sail with have between 5-7 each and every day and look forward to Guys on our cruises, so they definitely pass our teenagers approval LOL

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mz-s said:

Burgers themselves are just as good as ever provided you get a fresh one - not as many toppings offered - fries are just Ore Ida tossed in taco seasoning.

It seems to me that all of the burgers should be fresh because there is always a line to get them.  Every time I go to get one, there's a line.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cacruisin said:

I do look at Guys burgers similar to how I think of In-N-Out...."great burgers crappy fries", but I still eat the fries.  I only have Guys a few times each cruise but the teenage boys we sail with have between 5-7 each and every day and look forward to Guys on our cruises, so they definitely pass our teenagers approval LOL

True, that's the same way I feel about In-N-Out.  Even so, I would eat their crappy fries every time if In-N-Out would put a franchise in Charlotte!🤞

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, cacruisin said:

The only time I won't eat fries is if they are cold and soggy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Butterbean1000 said:

The only time I won't eat fries is if they are cold and soggy.

Yup!  Especially McDonalds.  So good when they're hot, so bad when they're cold or even medium warm.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

It seems to me that all of the burgers should be fresh because there is always a line to get them.  Every time I go to get one, there's a line.

typically yes but if you go at odd times like around 3:30 they won’t be quite as fresh. Not cold or anything just not hot and steamy from the grill anymore. Still good but like most food it’s so much better the fresher it is

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

typically yes but if you go at odd times like around 3:30 they won’t be quite as fresh. Not cold or anything just not hot and steamy from the grill anymore. Still good but like most food it’s so much better the fresher it is

I usually go for lunch, so that makes sense.  Absolutely, the fresher the food, the better.

• Like 1

IMO...there is just something about the fresh sea air that makes food taste better!  I live in a beach city, and even something simple like PB&J's or Oreo's or Dorito's somehow taste better at the beach then at the house etc....I feel the same goes for cruise food outside on the deck.

22 hours ago, staceyglow said:

In 27 Carnival cruises (including 4 on the Spirit), I have never ever encountered a situation at a made-to-order food place when they wouldn't accommodate reasonable requests like that.

Same exact thing on Miracle in October.

It's a tradition for DH and I to split a Guy's burger and some fries for lunch after boarding, We were on Sunshine in September and Paradise in January and found the burger to begood as usual. We liked the fries, too. We'll be on Elation on Saturday and plan to continue our tradition.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 9:45 PM, staceyglow said:

Agree.  I got a made to order one on the Spirit!

On 3/3/2024 at 4:29 PM, Paelos said:

Burger is great, if you're on a ship with a Shaq's chicken the fries there are INSANELY better. I recommend getting some tenders with fries from one and the burger from the other, then just going to town. Yeah it's a lot, you're on a cruise. Stick $20 in a slot machine afterwards with an old fashioned in your hand to just hit all the feel-good highlights at once.

I actually did not care for Shaq's fries. 

Their chicken on the other hand. What a game-changer. 

• Like 2

On 3/4/2024 at 1:09 PM, ninjacat123 said:

Is the French Toast that is grilled at Guy's, served at Guy's when on Horizon? Or served at the buffet?  TIA!

served in buffet  and was better than what they had on newest ship

• Like 1