Guy Burgers

Going back to Carnival after 5 years. Just wondering if Guy Burgers are still as good as  they were before Covid

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

The burgers taste the same to me. They don't have as many toppings at the toppings bar.  The fries are different which has a lot of people upset, but I think the new fries are better.

• Like 3

VERY GOOD AND TASTY.  I had one almost every day and like the fixings bar.

As a side note: on the Horizon, they use the grill from Guys to make the french toast.

they do not do this on Celebration as Guys is up and further away from buffet.  Therefore, the french toast is better on the Horizon.  

• Like 2

Pre-covid we loved them. Post covid, not so much.

We've been on 14 Carnival cruises post covid and you never know what you will get. The fries are always different than pre-covid and greatly vary cruise to cruise; like they keep trying different brands and different seasonings to put on them. The meat is sometimes fatty, sometimes lean, sometimes seasoned and sometimes not.

So, Guy's is not always good and not always bad in our opinion. It's the luck of the draw.

Good Luck!

1 hour ago, Theosprey247 said:

Best free (included) burger at sea!

That's one of Carnival's slogans. But we give that title to the hamburgers at American Diner on NCL, especially post-covid. That's just us; different folks have different preferences...

Burger is great, if you're on a ship with a Shaq's chicken the fries there are INSANELY better. I recommend getting some tenders with fries from one and the burger from the other, then just going to town. Yeah it's a lot, you're on a cruise. Stick $20 in a slot machine afterwards with an old fashioned in your hand to just hit all the feel-good highlights at once.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Carnival Venezia it was disappointing, Guy's Burgers was better on the mardi gras.  Not the same since 2022, after the 2nd week on Venezia didn't have any additional.  The fries are very good.

I still go to Guy's reguardless of the ship, hoping for improvement

• Like 1

On the Sunshine twice in the last month. The burgers are great as always. My fav is the Ringer with Guy's BBQ sauce. 

The fries are inconsistent. One day you get the great Guy's seasoned fries. The next day it's bland lido buffet plain fries with no seasoning. 

And, FYI you don't have to stick to the Guy's menu. You can order a double cheeseburger or even a veggie burger with whatever fixin's you want.

The toppings bar has lots to choose from except sauteed mushrooms which are now gone for good. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Oletruckdude said:

And, FYI you don't have to stick to the Guy's menu. You can order a double cheeseburger or even a veggie burger with whatever fixin's you want.

On Spirit a few weeks ago, they would ONLY do what was on the menu.  Don't want donkey sauce?  Too bad.

2 hours ago, MayorDrafty said:

On Spirit a few weeks ago, they would ONLY do what was on the menu.  Don't want donkey sauce?  Too bad.

In 27 Carnival cruises (including 4 on the Spirit), I have never ever encountered a situation at a made-to-order food place when they wouldn't accommodate reasonable requests like that.

You must have run into a really anal retentive crewmember.

• Like 4

My burgers were as good as ever. I went 3 times during 14 days. The fries were always a little on the too done side to me. Fries aren't the old hand cut, I think frozen. Burgers were great. 

• Like 1

Guy's Burgers used to be one of my favorite things on Carnival.  Sadly when they changed things after covid they just don't taste as good.  I don't care for the fries at all anymore.  They used to be fresh cut boardwalk style fries and now they are frozen.  

We sailed immediately after the pandemic and a couple of times since. We've found things to be much the same. I have read about the fries being different but I guess my palate isn't educated enough to know the difference when there is one year between tastings.

• Like 3

DH and DS think they are still good and they also agree that for some reason the best they ever had was on MG.  They love them and eat their share anytime we are sailing.  

Burgers themselves are just as good as ever provided you get a fresh one - not as many toppings offered - fries are just Ore Ida tossed in taco seasoning.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

We sailed immediately after the pandemic and a couple of times since. We've found things to be much the same. I have read about the fries being different but I guess my palate isn't educated enough to know the difference when there is one year between tastings.

Our feelings are much the same.  One variable that sticks out in my memory as potentially different is the seasoning on the fries (might be as little a difference as to how much applied), but probably splitting hairs.

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

They are very good, and a big hit. Always packed there. Everyone I knew who tried one enjoyed Guy's and found it tasty.

Even the fries are good! I mean they're french fries, can't go wrong there. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2