First disembarkment?

shanna135

Have an assigned time where we’d leave one bag out the night before  leave @ 8:05.  Thinking of doing self walk off.  We can take care of our 2 roller bags and don’t have any problem walking. We are going to a hotel through resort pass because we don’t leave till 7:45.  Am I over thinking this?   Thanks for any help

If you want self walk off just request it at passenger services. Usually off the ship at US ports starting around 7:00 or so, but it depends on the actual port and country of disembarkment. 

Posted (edited)

@shanna135

I think if you do walk off, you cannot put any bags out the night before?? Walk off means you walk off with all your bags and I think the reason why is because your luggage that you put out the night before is not ready at that time in the building .that’s why they give everybody a color coded luggage tag and call you off, when let’s say all the orange tags are in the building luggage wise . My experience is no matter what port that you’re in ,when you go find your luggage in the luggage room ,it’s all by the color of your luggage tag. Usually whatever color tag is the last to disembark is not in the luggage room at the same time as the earlier time to disembark. With all that being said -all disembarkation is usually totally done by 10 AM. ( give or take)

Usually they ask you to be out of your state room by 8 AM and if I’m understanding your flight is not until 7:45 PM and you’re going to an hotel until almost your flight time.
So I think ( my opinion) you have plenty of time to do the normal getting off by luggage tag color code? Unless there’s some special transportation that you have to meet the hotel bus at a certain time.?

If you  need more information, let us know what port & ship and others may have posted their disembarkation instructions.

Sounds like you could be on a ship right now and this may not apply to you as it may be too late??

Edited by arizonaperson

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@shanna135

I think if you do walk off, you cannot put any bags out the night before?? Walk off means you walk off with all your bags and I think the reason why is because your luggage that you put out the night before is not ready at that time in the building .that’s why they give everybody a color coded luggage tag and call you off, when let’s say all the orange tags are in the building luggage wise . My experience is no matter what port that you’re in ,when you go find your luggage in the luggage room ,it’s all by the color of your luggage tag. Usually whatever color tag is the last to disembark is not in the luggage room at the same time as the earlier time to disembark. With all that being said -all disembarkation is usually totally done by 10 AM. ( give or take)

Usually they ask you to be out of your state room by 8 AM and if I’m understanding your flight is not until 7:45 PM and you’re going to an hotel until almost your flight time.
So I think ( my opinion) you have plenty of time to do the normal getting off by luggage tag color code? Unless there’s some special transportation that you have to meet the hotel bus at a certain time.?

If you  need more information, let us know what port & ship and others may have posted their disembarkation instructions.

We always put out some bags and carry others off. As suite guests we can pretty much leave when we want

Edited by memoak

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, memoak said:

We always put out some bags and carry others off. 

Technically, I have put out some bags in front of the cabin  the night before too and carried my carry-on off.But I don’t think that’s what the OP was asking.?

Yes, I’m sure it can be done ,but most of the time walk off is around 7 AM give or take .How would you ,let’s say -orange colored luggage tag be ready in the luggage room at 7 AM ? When let’s say, for example, your orange colored luggage tag says approximately 9 AM  on the disembarkation sheet of paper.

Thanks. I’ve walked off with my carry-on bags off the ship only ,not a big large suitcase .unless I’m doing walk off ,which I’ve only done once in that case, I had one carry-on bag, and one large suitcase that I carried off myself and my husband did the same. But that was quite a while ago ,so perhaps things have changed. They specifically said walk off with all your luggage and nothing in front of the cabin.

yep,suite guests have different instructions,but since op didn’t say suite guest,I would assume not.

Edited by arizonaperson

On 3/15/2024 at 11:08 AM, shanna135 said:

Have an assigned time where we’d leave one bag out the night before  leave @ 8:05.  Thinking of doing self walk off.  We can take care of our 2 roller bags and don’t have any problem walking. We are going to a hotel through resort pass because we don’t leave till 7:45.  Am I over thinking this?   Thanks for any help

Even with an assigned time and colored luggage tags, you can decide to simply keep all your luggage and do self walk off in the morning with all your bags - as long as you can handle all of them without any assistance.   

You do not have to go to Guest Services and change luggage tags or anything at all. I suppose it's a courtesy to help them gauge how many walk offs to expect, but you certainly don't have to at all..

Just keep your bags, and walk off during the window in the morning... Voila, easy peasy all done.. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Even with an assigned time and colored luggage tags, you can decide to simply keep all your luggage and do self walk off in the morning with all your bags - as long as you can handle all of them without any assistance.   

You do not have to go to Guest Services and change luggage tags or anything at all. I suppose it's a courtesy to help them gauge how many walk offs to expect, but you certainly don't have to at all..

Just keep your bags, and walk off during the window in the morning... Voila, easy peasy all done.. 

yes, but op says specifically leaving 1 bag out the night before by the cabin and doing/thinking of walk off with their 2 carry ons. Oh well, I do think author is onboard a ship right now & …… so probably too late for advice and should inquire at guest services.

Edited by arizonaperson

3 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

yes, but op says specifically leaving 1 bag out the night before and doing walk off.

The IP says that they currently have an assigned time and woul leave one bag out - but is thinking to do self walk off - as they can handle their roller bags, etc.  as in - not leave a bag. 

10 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Technically, I have put out some bags in front of the cabin  the night before too and carried my carry-on off.But I don’t think that’s what the OP was asking.?

Yes, I’m sure it can be done ,but most of the time walk off is around 7 AM give or take .How would you ,let’s say -orange colored luggage tag be ready in the luggage room at 7 AM ? When let’s say, for example, your orange colored luggage tag says approximately 9 AM  on the disembarkation sheet of paper.

Thanks. I’ve walked off with my carry-on bags off the ship only ,not a big large suitcase .unless I’m doing walk off ,which I’ve only done once in that case, I had one carry-on bag, and one large suitcase that I carried off myself and my husband did the same. But that was quite a while ago ,so perhaps things have changed. They specifically said walk off with all your luggage and nothing in front of the cabin.

yep,suite guests have different instructions,but since op didn’t say suite guest,I would assume not.

You just need to ask for the earliest time for regular disembarkation. E have usually gotten 8:00 and are bagels have been ready 

Have talked to guest services and have decided to keep our 2 bags and walk off.  We can still walk just fine and can handle 1 full size and 1 carry on bag. Our room is close to the elevator. We can check out from 6:15 to 8:30.  Thinking of having an early breakfast then getting an Uber or taxi to our resort pass hotel which is 3 miles away. Thanks for all your help

• Like 1

Have you received approval from the hotel to check in early?  I don't know what a day pass is.  Are you able to check in just for the day?  I guess you could leave your luggage in storage at the hotel if you arrived early.

International Cafe is open early (24/7?)

Buffet opens at 6?

MDR opens at 6:30?

3 hours ago, shanna135 said:

Have talked to guest services and have decided to keep our 2 bags and walk off.  We can still walk just fine and can handle 1 full size and 1 carry on bag. Our room is close to the elevator. We can check out from 6:15 to 8:30.  Thinking of having an early breakfast then getting an Uber or taxi to our resort pass hotel which is 3 miles away. Thanks for all your help

Be advised those elevators will be very crowded. Sometimes best to go up to lido and then down 

Are you disembarking in Fort Lauderdale?  If so, you will not be allowed to use the escalator in the terminal since you must have one hand free and the port has personnel standing at the top of the escalator checking.  For years there was quite a quite loud and emphatic gentleman who took his job very seriously.  I haven't seen him on my last disembarkation (July). His replacements have been emphatic but much quieter.  Be prepared that you may have a wait for an elevator. 

• Like 1