The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday March 21st, 2024

kazu

Today is Absolutely Incredible Kid Day, Big Bang Day, and Companies That Care Day

The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy. - Helen Hayes

Meal Suggestion for today - Slow-Cooker Braised Beef with Carrots & Turnips
Drink of the Day - Baltimore Bang
Wine of the Day - Santa-Margherita-Sparkling-Rose 
Destination of the Day - Salerno, Italy 

Today in History:
1804 Napoleonic Code adopted in France, stresses clearly written and accessible law
1871 Journalist Henry Morton Stanley begins his famous expedition to Africa
1961 The Beatles' first appearance at the Cavern Club in Liverpool

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Roseau, Dominica 08:00 - 18:00 

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 03-23

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 03-22

Nieuw Statendam

Grand Cayman Island, George Town Harbour 08:00 - 15:00 

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Pisco, Paracas-Puerto General San Martin, Peru eta 03-23

Rotterdam

St Johns Antigua, RCI Royal Beach Club 08:00 - 21:00 

Volendam

At Sea Destination Bora Boar eta 3/22

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Puntarenas, Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica eta 03-22

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Tauranga, Rotorua, New Zealand 08:00 - 19:00 

Westerdam

Keelung, Taipei City, Taiwan China 07:00 - 17:00 

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Singapore eta 03-23

• Like 15
  • Thanks 25

Posted (edited)

Today’s Care List:

Vict0riann’s DD falling and fracturing her humerus

Kazu having pain

Nickelpenny having leg/hip numbness and pain

Catmando losing bone from jaw due to prior radiation

Haljo1935’s medical issues affecting working

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness, recurring after prior improvement

Terrible fire in Jeanette, PA with Father and 4 children killed, Mother and 2 children injured

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; Haiti unrest

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

StLouisCruisers’ nephew Alex’s in-utero identical twins

Ger_77’s DH Maurice needing heart valve replacement

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bennybear’s DS doing well with masters defense

RMLincoln’s DH’s eye pressure more stable

SusieKIslandGirl in Hawaii

57redbird in Maui

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy discharged to home!

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Lazey1 (Koningsdam Mar 23 to Mar 30) 7d Mexico

2 days for GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam Mar 23 to Apr 6) B2B 7d Mexico + 7d Pacific Coastal

3 days for RedneckBob (Nieuw Statendam Mar 24 to Mar 31) 7d E. Caribbean

Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas to Mar 23) 8d Southeast Coast & Bahamas, with her sister, USN59-79 (Seabourn Sojourn to Mar 24) 33d Sydney to Taipei + 17d in Taipei, Crazy For Cats (Eurodam to Mar 27) 11d E. Caribbean Wayfarer, Suslor (Zaandam to Mar 30) 14d Panama Canal, Scrapnana (Rotterdam to Mar 29) 12d E. Caribbean Wayfarer, RedneckBob (Celebrity Reflection to March 24) 8d E. Caribbean, then (Nieuw Statendam March 24 to March 31) 7d E. Caribbean, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 30

Baltimore Bang cocktail:

The Baltimore bang cocktail is an interesting, classically styled drink with a satisfying flavor. If you're looking for a twist on the whiskey sour, it is an excellent option. The recipe is simple and brings in a sweet, fruity flavor that is delightfully pleasant.

Ingredients
1 1/2 ounces bourbon whiskey
1 1/2 ounces apricot brandy
1 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Orange slice, for garnish
Maraschino cherry, for garnish
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker, pour the whiskey, apricot brandy, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Fill with ice.
Shake well.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a skewered orange slice and cherry flag. Serve and enjoy.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 6.54.47 AM.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 21

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

We've got a snow squall warning.  High winds and snow accumulations to 35cm (14in).  So much for it being spring.

I know a couple of incredible kids.  Happy Big Bang Day.  There are some great companies out there, but it can be difficult to find one.

Amusing quote from a very talented lady.

The meal sounds good, so does the drink.  I hope the wine is good too.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a good day.  Stay safe.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Good morning friends!  Today it's 46, and will be 75 with partly cloudy skies predicted.  Once again rain is expected for our Friday and possibly even Saturday. I guess we'll discover whether the roof repairs hold up. They'd better!  This morning we are heading to our dermatologist for our annual check ups.  Fingers crossed nothing needs biopsied or frozen!

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps.  Interesting that Volendam will be at Bora Boar today! 🤣 I know some incredible kids, probably won't celebrate Big Bang, and am happy to hear there might be some companies that care still left in this world.  To the quote I say, really??  So many slow cooker menu suggestions.  They save people time and energy so that's important.  I pass on the drink but would try the rosé.  More nice days in history.  Thanks Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your food and beverage reports.

Prayers said this morning for all our Care list people.  Let's try to whittle that list down!  I hope for improvement for you all.  Prayers also for DB, great nephew Alex's twin boys, friends Scott, Susan and Sandy, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and our military members in harm's way in the region.  Prayers and condolences to the Pennsylvania family who lost so many members in the fire there.  Such a major tragedy.🙏

Three cheers for the Celebration list people and the cruisers! 🥂 Hurray for Brenda's DS doing a great job on his master's defense yesterday! 👏 Thanks go to Vanessa @JazzyV  for the list keeping today.  Praying for an answer to keeping your pain away.

The port today is Salerno, Italy.  It sounds like somewhere I've been but didn't see it in my records.  This is another new port so no links for you today.  Hopefully you have some photos of what is undoubtedly another beautiful Italian port of call.

I hope you all enjoy a great Thursday, and remember to stay safe and keep well!  Sorry I'm not present as much as before but I have a mission to complete my cross stitch stocking in record time.  Making good progress!🪡

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte 
Another nice day with a sunny and warm 82 coming up but we have a front moving in Friday with rain and wind, doubt if I will be playing golf tomorrow.

Interesting days but I for one don’t believe in the Big Bang Theory.

I Like the quote by Helen Hayes who was a wonderful actress.

The meal works for me but I’m almost positive that I’ve never eaten a turnip.

We’ve been to Salerno Italy, enjoyed it but not as much as Sorrento.

Have a great day and stay well.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.

It is raining and 44°F here.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet locations.

3 good days and quote.

Today's food sounds good.

I hope everyone is healthy and have a happy day.Screenshot_20240321_110839.thumb.jpg.372acffc57ecdaa0126c232b486ce93c.jpgScreenshot_20240321_110811.thumb.jpg.ec2fa890c8d53a55beb528570510f6fc.jpgScreenshot_20240321_110737.thumb.jpg.9132e4bcf96df7fc3989239b354b2801.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 14

Good Morning,  thanks for today's daily fleet report.   Last night's dinner at the Tamarind was excellent.  We are planning on two more visits. We have an excursion booked that should take us to the rainforest. 

I woke up to a better time for the kids breakfast and saw this beautiful scene. 

20240321_055404.thumb.jpg.428c020aa784aba7aa55621e2d4e8d07.jpg

About 30 minutes later. 

20240321_062905.thumb.jpg.b5a88824036456d2d0f5fb802a84ceb4.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Happy Thursday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Cold today but sunny. Why is winter back? 

Chase goes back to the vet for his final check. He will be happy to have the cone of shame removed and to be able to have run of the house again. 

Doing my usual, grading assignments and then teaching this evening. Tomorrow I am back for part two of EMDR training for the entire weekend. 

Can I just say that there are 202 days until my cruise. I am so ready for it now. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Its Thursday Give Me Coffee Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook ...

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning, everyone!

I have an early PT appointment today.  We are supposed to evaluate my progress.  I really don't think I've made any. The last time I had to do this they told me that PT often doesn't help people who exercise on a regular basis for this condition.  

Yesterday's water fitness turned out to be a disappointment.  The instructor is a lovely person, but she thought she was teaching interpretive dance, not doing a cardio workout.  I barely raised my heart rate and I was freezing cold in the water the whole time.  We'll stick with Monday and Friday water fitness and try out Tuesday and Thursday when I drop PT.   The off days are the treadmill and weight machines.  

I was saddened to read of the fire that took the lives of so many family members.  I'm sure the community will respond for the mother and children who survived.  What a horrible thing to happen.  

Congratulations to @bennybear's DS on the defense of his master's thesis.  

I hope there is a treatment path forward for @kazu, @Nickelpenny, and @Haljo1935@JazzyV I am sorry the pain is returning.  I would be on the phone to that doctor immediately.  I hope @Vict0riann 's DD has a clearer idea of why the doctor thought surgery was an option.

Today's meal is billed as a comfort food.  I'll leave it to the rest of you, although I am sure it is really good.  I would have to make it with different vegetables, for sure.  The cinnamon, allspice, and cloves in this first recipe might remind you of Thanksgiving and pumpkin pie, but that blend works well in savory dishes.  https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/256499/slow-cooker-braised-beef-with-carrots-turnips/

braisedbeef1.thumb.jpg.3383aa5b6add011799c726b8076637f8.jpg

This next one uses more traditional seasonings and has just a small amount of broth.  https://www.primaverakitchen.com/turnip-and-carrot-slow-cooker-beef-stew/

braisedbeef2.thumb.jpg.8d3ac1ad88ff8b2d4220b739979f7001.jpg

This last recipe uses beer in the broth.  The beer would act to tenderize the meat and impart a deep flavor to the stew.  https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/beer-braised-beef-with-onion-carrot-turnips

braisedbeef3.jpg.b348b26326e3075177a7b5f4f62448c0.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 19

Good morning and happy Thursday from a cold and sunny Boston.  Three nice days to celebrate.  Lots of awesome kids out there that need to be reminded of how incredibly they are.  Funny quote today.  I think I’ll pass on the meal, we’ve been having leftover pot roast all week but the drink sounds tasty.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to all who are celebrating happy events today!  Stay warm.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

A very rough sea day on the South China Sea. Now at dinner it is finally calming down. Tomorrow Hong Kong and our time has been extended to nine PM.

Hoping to see the nightly light and laser show.

Have a great day it was pretty good here.

Thanks for the post. Bruce

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Thank you Jacqui, Roy, Dixie, Vanessa & Debbie. 

Bindi dropped off at Pet Paradise, cats fed, and heading for my haircut. Then exploring Daytona’s chocolate factory with Brayden who has had zero fun this Spring break.

But he is excited about this afternoon’s meeting to see what his Gram’s current abilities are and what some realistic improvement goals are - if she continues to put in the work. 

Then back to feed the cats, pick up Bindi and then crash. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Jacqui, Vanessa, Pennie, Elizabeth, Annie, Chuck, Tana, Allen who are in such pain and all the caregivers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Santa-Margherita-Sparkling-Rose 
Not a fan of too many rosés, but I would at least taste this one. A good number of online distributors with online prices starting at$19.99. 

Winemaker Notes

Elegant perfumes of strawberries and citrus lead to an attractive palate with mixed berry fruits that linger on the finish. This wine is wonderful on its own, and pairs well with savory appetizers, complex  seafood dishes and anything spicy. The elegant mousse will refresh your palate for the next bite and contrasting the bubbles with something soft or creamy can elevate  your next meal. Open a bottle along with goat cheese souffle, scallops with roasted garlic and pesto, or a slow-cooked spicy red chicken curry. It also brings a delightful sparkle to a festive brunch or your favorite rich dessert.

Blend: 55% Chardonnay, 40% Glera and 5% Malbec 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 16

Good very early morning from Tucson!  Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I know several incredible kids.  I worked for a couple of companies that cared and the big bang theory was the start of everything!!  LOL!!  True quote.  The meal looks delicious, pass on the drink and wine and never been to the port.  

It should be a nice day today.  Presently it is 49F hoping to climb to mid 70s.  After a tiring day at the Jr High, my surgeon and I came up with a plan.  I will schedule a CT but as long as it doesn't show anything worse, I will have spinal decompression surgery mid-May (the scheduler will let me know when but pre-op appt is made).  I could have had it in April but I have subbing commitments that I don't want to cancel.  It is a more conservative surgery than a huge deconstruction surgery he first talked about but after evaluating my response to PT and the steroid shots, along with my increasing difficulty and pain when walking, this, he feels, is the best route now.  Tomorrow will be my last PT session and then continue with my exercise program with my trainer, which today is my first day back after my cruise!!  I am keeping my fingers crossed this will help.

Thoughts for those who are dealing with health issues also and cheers to those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

9 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

A very rough sea day on the South China Sea. Now at dinner it is finally calming down. Tomorrow Hong Kong and our time has been extended to nine PM.

The laser show is amazing!!  I hope you enjoy it.

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

It starts at 8 pm so you should see it.  Hope the weather is good for you.  An absolutely wonderful experience.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites!  Currently per the computer its 48 degrees and clear.  Weekend weather?  Rain.  I made a major mistake this morning, I got up at 7 and watched the news.  I shouldnt do that.  Its not good for my happiness.  Ignorance is bliss.

th?id=OIP.ZgupAlYmuqVfCEXEJnHZ9wHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

I attached the keyboard from the home computer with my work computer, and it worked, so I worked yesterday.  No sales, but 3 good leads and call backs.  I told DH that my first hour back with CTG was better than the three weeks I actually was on with the HB.  He said, did you get a sale?, no I spoke to someone. 

gfegn.jpg 

Plans for he day?  Walk the dog, then take DH over to the park, and walk in the woods, then lunch, then work, then dinner.  Bribox wasn't working yesterday, and I think there is F1 racing this weekend, so the evening will be spent trying to find something to watch.  And then to bed, repeat the same for tomorrow. 

th?id=OIP.VYNm0BF-8AHmoel-W-V7VAHaFW&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

Have a great and wonderful day everyone!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Good Thursday morning and thanks to Rich, Roy, Vanessa, Dixie, Debbie & Ann for their ongoing dedication.

Great collection of days and LOL on Helen’s quote.  I’ll take all the carrots and turnips that I know wome people won’t want 😉 

IMG_1992.thumb.jpeg.89dd1621230ec564d605ac4b0beef8f4.jpeg

Another appointment today - trying to solve problems as much as I can.  And of course, it’s snowing, ice pellets, whatever.  Glad I wasn’t like someone I know who already took off their snow tires.  I warned them 😉

IMG_2118.jpeg.a2b30e448e0882e94bae017d3f398da8.jpeg

Depressing X-Ray results -  a bunch of stuff which no one needs to hear but it’s thought that the narrowing of discs is causing bone to push against my nerves.  Carry on with physio and if no improvement - doctor will reluctantly prescribe pain meds and order an MRI (ugh).  of course, she hopes physio will work to avoid back surgery (no thank you).

IMG_1667.thumb.jpeg.064021877ee7f040faad78f37b68de6e.jpeg

Vanessa @JazzyV I appreciate you adding me to the Care list but you can take me off.  This is something I’ve been dealing with for some time and apparently will be for a while.  There’s a lot more with more serious issues.  Thanks 🙂  This sounds like Ivan:

IMG_2212.thumb.jpeg.43de65bc0551e7f879b75bc5e4741091.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health problems, worries & those that need them. 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2

Good morning everyone.   It is 19 degrees here with 2-4" of snow in tomorrow's forecast.  This is the reason we leave Michigan in the winter, it doesn't want to give up.

Thanks for the Daily Reports and maps @kazu and @rafinmd.    A fun quote by Helen Hayes.    I will pass on the crockpot meal but maybe why not throw in some butternut squash in lieu of turnips?   Baltimore Bang really looks like a good cocktail for once in a while.   The vino looks wonderful.  Thanks for researching these for us each day.   I look forward to photos of today's port. 

@JazzyV thanks for the cares and celebrations lists  So many with ongoing pain situations,  prayers for you and the rest of our group who may need them.   Prayers for the people of Ukraine, the innocents in Gaza and the people of Haiti.   @Nickelpenny I am sorry you will have to get major back surgery in May.  @dfish I am sorry that the PT isn't helping, it sounds like you are doing your own with your frequent exercise.  @marshhawk I hope Chuck is doing better and you get a sale before the end of the week.   

John is off to the doctor.  The day after he spread all the lawn treatments last week his knee has been acting up.  It got so bad he called the doctor and made an appointment.  I am glad he did because he said it was feeling better today.    He started taking a strong anti-inflammatory that he got for a bunion.   It is rarely prescribed because of side effects.   I hope they do some diagnostics instead of giving him more medication.  I didn't mention it to him when he left to ask about the black freckle he has had on his ear since I spotted it in January.  Hopefully he will get the real issue addressed along with his knee.   I have hounded him about it since we returned from the cruise.   

I am working on sorting through photos and coming up with a plant list and sources for the Zoom class next month.  Garden club tonight at 6pm.   Luckily the snow doesn't start until later tonight.  Have a nice day!  Nancy 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Interesting collection of days - I do not believe in the Big Bang Theory, but quite enjoyed the show, so I'll celebrate that & it's talented cast, crew & writers. Thanks @grapau27 for the info on Incredible Kid day - I definitely support that. And wish my company cared more - it did before we were sold off. 

Helen Hayes - ha ha. Yes to the meal but I would sub potatoes for turnips, pass on the drink, yes to the wine.

I was in Salerno in 2017 on a Princess ship - pictures are on computer & I'm on my phone, so I don't have any to share. We were scheduled to be there on NS Nov 2023, but a late evening collapse of their pier meant we went to Sorrento instead. From there, we went to Pompeii & Positano so I'll share a few of those pictures.

Important days in history.

Today is work, work, work and a call to see if Dr sent insurance what they wanted to fill Rx.

Currently 61° headed to rainy 64°.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

We went to Sorrento instead of Salerno Nov 8, 2023 on the NS - I hope you enjoy a few pictures from that day. It started rainy, but cleared to a beautiful blue sky by the end of the day. Sorrento is a tender port; it was raining when we arrived.

20240321_062220.thumb.jpg.25b66e47968e2b3a1a0a29b1b95dfdf0.jpg

20240321_062157.thumb.jpg.bbebf642b69834439e4baf055e87fee1.jpg

20240321_062252.thumb.jpg.d2a776dc1c138af600648762f662e82d.jpg

We went to Pompeii

20240321_062413.thumb.jpg.16b2b7202d31d823e9e24053cf18fcf4.jpg

Here the guide points out what she referred to as "the original graffiti" which were etchings in the stone walls. She said the colors are original. 

20240321_062527.thumb.jpg.e22bbbf727ee548c4aed09473044338a.jpg

Here the awesome guide shows a rendering of what the area we were standing in would have looked like.

20240321_062447.thumb.jpg.3c52253fcec10bc9c74f1c67017ac981.jpg

And here is what we saw.

20240321_062507.thumb.jpg.dd6daea7281fc9c92725279d0e811efe.jpg

20240321_062458.thumb.jpg.2718170678baf1740a5cf157e374896d.jpg

20240321_062430.thumb.jpg.94cec9a09d538b9ba664dbd56b91d800.jpg

The gardens are still quite lovely - imagine how exquisite they must have been when Pompeii was thriving.

20240321_062654.thumb.jpg.70d9d4240f0206e858a79c32becb82ce.jpg

20240321_062644.thumb.jpg.809551023a80213c9ac676fdfc377eb0.jpg

An original "sidewalk" w/modern drain covers.

20240321_062818.thumb.jpg.fd1290b1149e1828fab776d39b1ecdb2.jpg

Hard, ok impossible, to get a picture w/o people - it was Nov (past season) and the crowds were still ridiculous. Pompeii is deservedly popular.

20240321_062627.thumb.jpg.73005d0a7059663900ddba1d66a1a50b.jpg

20240321_062551.thumb.jpg.14c32cadf970a93f445b35d45753e77c.jpg

20240321_062612.thumb.jpg.104b3c8242f2f8298b329c9391de96b6.jpg

I am in awe of the designers and craftsmen who gave us such amazing architecture. 

20240321_062746.thumb.jpg.a50bcfea1b83c550a88365de1e6944a2.jpg

20240321_062719.thumb.jpg.cc042923f644bf9acc5f258dda050dc1.jpg

20240321_062710.thumb.jpg.87af4f0061933137f03fd6bae7ba504f.jpg

Here's a glimpse at the backside of DH. Kind of our version of Love Among the Ruins.😏

20240321_062354.thumb.jpg.1809ecda94731c1cd458a71376f8969c.jpg

We were told that although excavation continues, only a small % has been uncovered w/no plans to reach 100% as they're seeing decay to areas that have been exposed to the elements and humans. The way to best preserve Pompeii is to leave it buried.

20240321_062316.thumb.jpg.b3020046c7b48368b7f97ad3643d2ef8.jpg

20240321_062944.thumb.jpg.16cafa094f10cc7409861ef38f1e137f.jpg

Efforts to preserve what has already been uncovered is to close it off so people cannot walk through and/or touch. An indication of that - we were able to walk right up to this statue in 2017; it is now fenced off. I'm ok w/that and am happy to admire from a distance so future generations can enjoy these amazing sites.

20240321_062849.thumb.jpg.f75c43e0bf03ee9258ba6101fa29ec89.jpg

We had a lovely drive along the Amalfi Coast, stopping in Positano. 

20240321_063032.thumb.jpg.8fc67aa742356ea659c21477a1570537.jpg

20240321_063049.thumb.jpg.93d604160aed9c43e24ca5bab87eb114.jpg

Enjoyed Pizza and calzones in Sorrento at the Aurora Bistro. Weather had cleared, so it was very nice outside.

20240321_063505.thumb.jpg.09fe38b08ef94d031efef2dae1be9390.jpg

Sorrento was a pretty little town. Here's something for the Garden Club.

20240321_063210.thumb.jpg.c6cfee65ccf7908e039696f197b84be1.jpg

Waiting for the final tender to return so we can leave Sorrento and head back to Rome. Weather was better for the afternoon tender trip.

20240321_063403.thumb.jpg.a47694e32e0d4cb7b259d8c9fa0a6da0.jpg

Sunset views from our balcony on the NS.

20240321_063234.thumb.jpg.4049bc1ee915093d9ed6995362bef8b9.jpg

20240321_063248.thumb.jpg.e8a5770a1d147593959a11d6892f1b66.jpg

We must have been passing Salerno during breakfast - the picture of handwashing sign registered Salerno. Why does it show Nov 7th?🤷‍♀️

20240321_061951.thumb.jpg.fe652812ccd1d804ad3a8a7134ddee93.jpg

This is as close to Salerno as we got - it was still listed as the port in the Daily. Silver lining to the last minute port change is we got an extra hour w/All Aboard moving to 4:30.

20240321_062034.thumb.jpg.39d54a4108dbb8539ec23ea53eff3062.jpg

20240321_062046.thumb.jpg.c6d77bacca1d3c7563ba1b286d8498e4.jpg

20240321_061434.thumb.jpg.0ad15a9d39290273434f2d1b3a1fcfc5.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9