Luminae update

1Virgo

Onboard Ascent. Just learned Luminae open for lunch only on sea days!!!   Another change. Used to be open Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.   We booked Retreat (due to a serious allergy) because it was open for all 3 meals.  
They are open  on embarkation day for lunch. 

10 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

Onboard Ascent. Just learned Luminae open for lunch only on sea days!!!   Another change. Used to be open Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.   We booked Retreat (due to a serious allergy) because it was open for all 3 meals.  

I believe you are mistaken. It was never open for lunch on port days.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Stumptowngal said:

I was on the Ascent the first week of February.  The same was true then. Luminae was open for lunch on embarkation day and on sea days only. 

as it has always been

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Not sure what you’re trying to say that’s new.  What you said has been how Luminae has worked for years.  It’s never open on port days (other than embarkation day).  

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

Perhaps you have confused Celebrity with some other line? The suite restaurant, Luminae, is always closed on port days.

Edited by WestLakeGirl
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I believe you are mistaken. It was never open for lunch on port days.

Any time we sailed Retreat, we had lunch in Luminae.  When I asked today, was told this was new

Just now, WestLakeGirl said:

Perhaps you have confuse Celebrity with some other line? The suite restaurant, Luminae, is always closed on port days.

Not confused. Not senile DH remembers lunch on port days. 

4 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

Not confused. Not senile DH remembers lunch on port days. 

I leave on 4/1 for my 3rd cruise in a row on Summit. I remember that Luminae is only open on embarkation day and sea days.

• Like 2

Although I agree Luminae has not been open for lunch on port days as a policy, occasionally I have seen them deviate from that when they expect a lot of people to stay on board for a specific port. So for those remembering lunch on a port day, you very well may be right for the specific sailing/ port you were in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the first sailing on the Eclipse when Luminae opened.  It was a 16 night TA cruise, with about 5 ports, it was never open for lunch on port days except for embarkation.  Every other X cruise we've been on since has been the same.

• Like 2

When Luminae was first announced, they said it would be open every day for lunch but did a retreat (!) on that before it was rolled out.  Quite a brouhaha about it then.  Luminae has not been open at lunch on port days (except embarkation), from the beginning.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Although I agree Luminae has not been open for lunch on port days as a policy, occasionally I have seen them deviate from that when they expect a lot of people to stay on board for a specific port. So for those remembering lunch on a port day, you very well may be right for the specific sailing/ port you were in. 

Even so that might be one day in a cruise, but not open on a daily basis

• Like 1

I don’t recall any dining room being open for lunch on port days except maybe a specialty restaurant.

The dining staff needs to get some time off when in a port to use the wifi, buy some personal  supplies and etc.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

7 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Even so that might be one day in a cruise, but not open on a daily basis

On one short cruise, it actually was both port days (November 2021 on the Constellation - 5 night western Caribbean).  The MDR was open for lunch both those port days as well.  This was a restart cruise when people were more cautious about getting off in port.

On a more recent cruise, it was 4 of the 5 port days (May 2023 on the Eclipse - 12 Night Honolulu to Vancouver).  The MDR was also open 3 of those port days for lunch.

I suspect both of these cases were unique scenarios.  I agree the general policy has been that Luminae is closed for lunch on port days but those remembering it being open may not be wrong.  

I remember when Luminaewas first introduced and the advertising said it would be open for lunch every day.  But then it wasn’t and there was quite a kerfuffle over it.  So being closed on port days is definitely not something new.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

To my knowledge, Luminae was never opened during lunch on port days.   I have however seen exceptions on ports with arrival times close to noon. 

I've traveled in Suites since Luiminae was first introduced and don't ever remember any difference. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1