Will RCCL Replace Adventure of the Seas in LA?

7 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Adventure of the Seas is a old ship now. Wondering id RCCL plans to replace this aging ship ? Does any one know ? 

TIA

First of all Navigator is in LA and they add Quantum in 2025...

• Like 3

Since Adventure is going into drydock this fall in Spain, I'll say no they are not replacing it.  None of the Voyager class ships are leaving the fleet for quite a while.

• Like 1

It isn’t as old as Rhapsody, Grandeur, Enchantment and Vision.  I would think if they were going to be retiring any they would do these older ones first.  I honestly like the Adventure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Sorry yes it is Navigator of the Seas . now Quantum of the Seas is a relatively new ship  & most welcome addition .  Also RCCL should consider other cruise destinations beside the Mexican Riviera  like Hawaii , coastal Calif ,ie

Just now, mcrcruiser said:

Sorry yes it is Navigator of the Seas . now Quantum of the Seas is a relatively new ship  & most welcome addition .  Also RCCL should consider other cruise destinations beside the Mexican Riviera  like Hawaii , coastal Calif ,ie

Royal is also considering fewer ports out of florida. For instance no Bermuda, you have to take celebrity to book the new dates. Royal is doing shorter cruises with fewer unusual ports, not more. They are maybe saving on fuel. 

I have adventure booked out of pc 3 times, had to look to see when you were saying it's also going out of calif. I see navigator instead ok. 

5 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Also RCCL should consider other cruise destinations beside the Mexican Riviera  like Hawaii , coastal Calif ,ie

If there was more money to be made than the current offerings, they would.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

From a market share in the west coast Princess ,Carnival & Holland America are getting the lions  share . It is obvious that there lines are doing more than Mexican riviera cruises 

18 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Sorry yes it is Navigator of the Seas . now Quantum of the Seas is a relatively new ship  & most welcome addition .

Navigator was refurbished (AMP'ed) in 2019.  Quantum was built in 2014.

I personally prefer Voyager class (sailed 2 times) and Freedom class (sailed 1 time) over Quantum class (sailed 9 times).

I sure hope they don't move Navigator out of LA.  For a Voyager class ship it punches way above its weight.  It was amped before Royal went into Covid cost reduction mode so it has great venues like Playmakers which Quantum doesn't have.  Quantum makes sense for the shorter cruises in the winter which don't go far enough south, but I prefer Navigator over Quantum for the Mexican Riviera route.   

Navigator is a great ship!  I've sailed her several time as well as other voyager and freedom class ships.  Navigator is the best.  I hope she stays a long time.  Quantum is now coming and you'll not likely ever see an Oasis class ship. I'd way we have all we could hope to have here.  

What would you replace her with!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

What a waste having Quantum only doing short cruises. I was so disappointed.

Sailed often on Navigator Mexican Riviera and have more booked...Love this ship. But it would have been fun to do Quantum out of San Pedro.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Navigator is a great ship!  I've sailed her several time as well as other voyager and freedom class ships.  Navigator is the best.  I hope she stays a long time.  Quantum is now coming and you'll not likely ever see an Oasis class ship. I'd way we have all we could hope to have here.  

What would you replace her with!

I love the Navigator, it is one of my favorites!