JustRachel

Today is Saturday, March 30, 2024; we sail on Monday April 8 from NYC on the NCL Escape Haven. My upgrade bid remains pending. What days do(es) NCL decide on Haven awards? I read earlier that there are specific days of the week that these awards are processed, but the post was from 2014. Anything more current?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Puzzled, CC getting spammed lately with lots of newbies & questions from outside & beyond the left field ...  discovering CC as an excellent resource.   Suggestion to OP, kindly read the FAQ - should answer some of your yet-to-answer questions - 

https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-faq

Furthermore, your email should included the following info - 

Important Information
NCL reserves the right to not accept any offer regardless of offer amount or stateroom availability. Availability of upgrades is limited and is made at the sole discretion of NCL. NCL reserves the right to accept any offer from the time it is submitted to the departure date and time.

Offers are based on two occupants per stateroom for the entire duration of the cruise - only the first and second guest will be charged. Single passengers will be charged based on double occupancy.

Once your bid is accepted, the upgrade amount paid is final and non-refundable. The upgrade does not include any additional promotions. Current promotions on the reservation will not be altered.

If you have Norwegian's Travel Protection on your current booking, you will be automatically charged to cover the upgrade cost. For more information please click here. If you have travel protection via your travel professional, please contact them to add your upgrade to your coverage.

In all likelihood, your sailing appeared to be sold out, any and all bids - since we don't know your starting stateroom tier, there is likely a substantial bidding differential in offers that you need to offer to get into the probably "live bidding" to "win" a Haven suite - be on the lookout for email alerts from the PlusGrade outsourced vendor handling the bidding.  Good luck.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JustRachel said:

Today is Saturday, March 30, 2024; we sail on Monday April 8 from NYC on the NCL Escape Haven. My upgrade bid remains pending. What days do(es) NCL decide on Haven awards? I read earlier that there are specific days of the week that these awards are processed, but the post was from 2014. Anything more current?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Haven bids will be processed Tuesday or Wednesday. 

With over 1000 staterooms that have the potential for bidding on the half dozen available rooms, the probability of winning is very small (near 0%). 

Good luck and have a wonderful cruise. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JustRachel said:

I'd like to hear from MKING8288 -- H6

He'll be on the phone to you shortly. Be patient, it could take a while.

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, JustRachel said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic from a fellow Tennessean!

I saw the title to this thread and I was getting ready to grab my popcorn to read all about the constant complaints about the topic of JustRachel. You know, like how NCL no longer has evening JustRachel service, how much to tip JustRachel, why NCL at the last minute decided not to go to the port of JustRachel...and lamenting the discontinuing of JustRachelBrowns in the buffet and JustRachel Cookies everywhere else.

Okay...happy April Fool's Eve and welcome to CC, JustRachel. (No fooling...)

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Welcome to CC.  I was thinking more like 'Rochelle Rochelle' from Seinfeld.

OP, with an H6, what are you looking for?  You have the H3 and H2 as options.  H3 max four people.  We've stayed in H2 with kids and it was a great room.  H6 already a great room so I wouldn't be too concerned about bid as others probably sold out.

Eta just tried a mock and it showed one dos available so maybe hope.

Edited by dexddd
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Welcome to CC.  I was thinking more like 'Rochelle Rochelle' from Seinfeld.

A young girl's strange erotic journey from Milan to Minsk.

At least she's going in alphabetical order...

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2024 at 10:55 PM, JustRachel said:

I'd like to hear from MKING8288 -- H6

Seen busy as it's Easter Sunday, a travel day over land ... my guess is as good as anybody else here.  Lately, I am reading much about successful bids to upgrade into Haven, especially not when they are technically full and/or sold out.  

Instead - might I suggest Phil Collins, 1984 "Against All Odds" and  you are almost certain to be bidding a high amount in order to win.  Why not use that money to book & enjoy another cruise instead.

Posting this suggestion before midnight - this isn't April 1st yet.  Good luck on winning.  

Edited by mking8288