Jim_Iain - B2B Sydney - Honolulu - Vancouver

Jim_Iain

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Wow this all looks wonderful!! I bet it tasted even better!!!  

I love your pictures of doors everywhere!

Really incredible looking food..great concept  and of course the amazing doors!  Bon Voyage..ENJOY!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I got to the suite video before YouTube finished processing! Great photos of everywhere as always! Hope the video is ready when I get up in the morning! Safe travels!

addendum. It’s up! Great suite! You will be comfortable for the next few weeks! Enjoy! Thank you for sharing!

Edited by CardowMD

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We were meeting a long time friend.   Jenny is a member of CC and we haven't seen her in about 30 years.   She hasn't changed a bit and was so fun just catching up.    I won't post your picture Jenny.... she never posts her pictures on CC.    She's a big SilverSeas cruiser.

There's a lot to be said for being incognito🤣 

We literally took up where we left off all those years ago. I think if you hadn't been leaving on the ship, we would have still been there chatting...just fabulous!

Cheers

Jennifer

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Minorhawk said:

Did you find thre days sufficient for really getting to experience Sydney? Planning the TP (Sydney to Honolulu) in April 2026, and are trying to decide how long to stay in Sydney pre-cruise.

Thanks!

I would have liked a few more days but hindsight is 20/20.  We saw a fair bit but there is lots to do.  Many people really enjoyed the Blue Mountains, we didn't have time for that,

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, skatelady said:

I would have liked a few more days but hindsight is 20/20.  We saw a fair bit but there is lots to do.  Many people really enjoyed the Blue Mountains, we didn't have time for that,

You'll have to come back then.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

You'll have to come back then.

I'd love to but it will be a struggle to get my husband to agree to that long a flight again.  Prior to this trip 8 hours was his max.  I'd also like to see other areas of the Pacific, he keeps saying NO!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, skatelady said:

I'd love to but it will be a struggle to get my husband to agree to that long a flight again.  Prior to this trip 8 hours was his max.  I'd also like to see other areas of the Pacific, he keeps saying NO!!!!!!!!

Fly to Hawaii, stop over, fly to Australia. Cruise back or reverse the trip.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, StopTheWorld said:

It’s Iain not Lain. Scottish Gaelic version of John. Anglicised version of the name is Ian. 😊

My most sincere apologies! I really tried to be respectful, and sadly, I missed the mark!

My sincere apologies to both you, Jim and Iain! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skatelady said:

That is already a "must do" for us...Looks beautiful!

2 hours ago, Minorhawk said:

That is already a "must do" for us...Looks beautiful!

The NSW tourism website gives lots of suggestions of things to see:  https://www.visitnsw.com/destinations/blue-mountains - it just depends how long you will be here.  The Three Sisters at Katoomba is fairly easy to get to by train (country train from Central to Katoomba) then a 20-30 minute walk or get the HOHO bus (there's also a steam train (Zigzag railway in the Blue Mountains).  For Sydney there's lots to do you can catch a ferry to Manly and walk along foreshore at Manly & Shelly Beach, ferry to Taronga Zoo, train to Bondi beach (and walk along foreshore to Tamarama), book a wine tour to the Hunter valley wineries, Sydney - Barangaroo to walk around, walk around The Rocks (historical area) leading to historical stairs that gives you access to the Sydney Harbour bridge you can walk across for free (from there catch the train back from Milson's Point) into the city.  From Circular Quay you can walk to the Opera House & then onto the Royal Botanical Gardens (free), more walking takes you to the Domain (and Art Gallery of NSW) past Hyde Park Barracks and onto St Mary's cathedral & Hyde Park.  The QVB is an approx 5-10 min walk away from Hyde Park.  More suggestions on the tourism website:  https://www.sydney.com/things-to-do/attractions

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, ging466 said:

There's a lot to be said for being incognito🤣 

We literally took up where we left off all those years ago. I think if you hadn't been leaving on the ship, we would have still been there chatting...just fabulous!

Cheers

Jennifer

Jenny --- It is hard to believe you haven't changed a bit.  How can 30 years pass by so quickly.   Hope we can have a reunion real soon.    Will have to keep track of your bookings and see if we can book the same cruise at some point.    You are such a jet setter.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

My most sincere apologies! I really tried to be respectful, and sadly, I missed the mark!

Don't worry --- Every one gets tongue tied with three vowels in a name.    Not as bad as the Welsh...LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Don't worry --- Every one gets tongue tied with three vowels in a name.    Not as bad as the Welsh...LOL

This is a town in Wales. Absolutely no idea how to pronounce it 😊Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, StopTheWorld said:

This is a town in Wales. Absolutely no idea how to pronounce it 😊Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Not many people bother, it’s known as Llanfair PG!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

Others have been confused as well.

.I think it's because of the typeset... lower case l looks like  a cap I on most computers!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StopTheWorld said:

I have a woman at work that can pronounce it, I think as well there was a presenter on Channel 4 (I think) that did it.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

lol it's probably why my uncle went by Ian and not Iain being in London Gaelic isn't known. Imagine how they would do with my cousin Seonag 😆

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, StopTheWorld said:

No problem. It’s pronounced just like it’s spelled.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Nice video, Jim, thanks for sharing.  Never sailed on an S-class ship, so curious to see how it stacks up against M-class and E-class. 

But 2 bottles of Grey Goose is a lot to go through....even for Iain!  Then again...there ARE a lot of sea days coming up.....  🍸

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

IMG_3569.thumb.png.c7a50d7f6d36cf84a7d3c6f28f6de9f4.png

We had 

Sydney rock oysters, natural with lemon gf df uf. 

Crab slider, lemon mayo, pickles

Aperitivo plate - Jamon Serrano, chorizo pamplona, pickles, grissini

Hiramasa kingfish crudo, verjuice, basil gf df

Jenny had a Vegan Pasta with Spinach, Tomatoes and other things

Tiramisu

Excellent photos, Jim! They look like they were taken by a food stylist!

3 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

Nice video, Jim, thanks for sharing.  Never sailed on an S-class ship, so curious to see how it stacks up against M-class and E-class. 

But 2 bottles of Grey Goose is a lot to go through....even for Iain!  Then again...there ARE a lot of sea days coming up.....  🍸

He usually brings a bottle home with him.   On this cruise we couldn't get a RS for the next cruise so will be moving to a CS.  

• Like 1