Jim_Iain - B2B Sydney - Honolulu - Vancouver

Jim_Iain

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

@Gracie115  I think we are coming to the point that our Go To class ships will be S-Class.   Can't say I was impressed with the 2 1/2 months we spent on E-Class ships last year.  

I know many love them and that is the beauty of Celebrity's Fleet.   There may just be something for everyone.   Maybe we are morphing into to those Grumpy Old Git's demographics....

Everyone is different which is why its nice to have different ships and options.

lol I'm 42 and you should hear me at work, I had one person that when I was talking about browsers (this was 5 years ago) didn't even know what Internet explorer was 🙃

Then when the organizer for the sales meeting for Blue Monday wanted music suggestions, I said play Blue Monday by New Order didn't know what I was talking about 😬  I ended up explaining it by 'its the song from the Wonder Woman trailer'

Now I just shut up as I don't listen to the music etc they listen to (rap and hip hop).

• Haha 5

Wow just on this morning and in 6 hrs your report already at 3 pages! We are arriving in HNL on April 28th and leave on Edge to Vancouver on May 1st. Like the Solstice a lot, but could not make the dates for its voyage to Vancouver.

• Like 1

Hi Jim, I just love reading and seeing your live posts! I am on the Solstice now and all is great. The food quality is the best since post covid that I have experienced on Celebrity - better than the Ascent was in January. There is a nice variety of entertainment, including various daily lectures, to keep those sea days full of things to do. I'm sure you will really have a great time and I am looking forward to reading your VLOG.

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks John.   Where are you off to ?      Is this your Japan trip?

Yes, 13-night Best of Japan on Millennium -- we fly over on 4/28 (arrive 4/29), sail 5/2 - 5/15, and fly home 5/18. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Wow, only 8 hours in and I'm on page 3 !!😄

Jim,  have a wonderful time. I really enjoy following your adventures. This trip is on my bucket list, but the flight time from CT to Sydney makes me take pause ----- alright, maybe not the time but the fact that its Business Class or bust for the DW.... Oh, the $$$.......

I hope the S-class rekindles your Celebrity spark !!

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

Thanks Jim, would appreciate your review of the gopro & housing. We are going to the Galapagos on Celebrity next June & we're  thinking of buying it also. I'm an old lifeguard & been on a swim team so am a strong swimmer but no one can out swim a rip current. Try to swim parallell to the shore, don't fight it & it usually doesn't last for long. Happened to us in Cancun many years ago. Remember fins will help you get back to shore. Because most people start panicking, get on your back after it's over & just kick back to shore. Better than trying to breathe through a snorkel at that point. Kick using your hips & not your knees. I grew up on Long Island NY- a few miles from the ocean & we used to go everyday in summer 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Finally the next adventure of @Jim_Iain, u should write books on your adventures with tips and tricks.   We are counting down for our hnl-van on ovation of the seas and will be following your start of your trip as we countdown to ours.  Definitely looking forward to warmer weather in Honolulu after 2 days of pouring rain , high winds and 45f in socal.  🥳

• Like 1

We are looking at Sydney to Honolulu in April of 26. Your itinerary is a little more exotic,  but still looking forward to "traveling" along with you. 

• Like 1

Jim, just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your TR. I have read several others & I love your writing style. Keep up the great work. I will look forward to reading about you & Ian's new adventures 

• Like 1

Looking forward to follow you on this trip Jim!

I look forward to see if things have changed on Solstice, since we sailed her from Honolulu to Vancouver 7 years ago. 

Best wishes for smooth sailings and for the addition of beautiful experiences to your travel book, to both you and Lain.

• Like 1

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!  I always learn so much from you and love all your pictures!  Safe travels to you and Iain!  

How can we join your private Facebook group?  
Bonnie

Always love reading your blogs, but this one will be of particular interest.   We are doing a similar itinerary on Edge (B2B2B) from HNL this coming October.    We have yet to make plans for any of the port stops so I'm sure reading your blog will give me many great ideas.

• Like 1