Internet prices

Prices for the Internet just became available for both my Odyssey and Symphony sailings next year at $21.99/day.  I paid $19.99/day for my Liberty sailing in September.  Do you think the price will come down later in the year?  And if I book it now and use my OBC will Royal return the OBC for me to use if I cancel and rebook?

Yes obc is returned immediately if the price goes down. I do it all the time. Lol. Probably too often. I buy stuff when it's on sale to give myself time to decide. 

I cant predict wifi prices up and down. Depends on demand on your ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prices on Odyssey and Symphony (bigger, newer ships) will typically be higher than Liberty. Comparatively, $21.99 is a good price. I would book it now and monitor prices to look for a better rate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ive been tracking internet prices for two upcoming cruises (did it as well for 2 previous ones last year) what I found is that regardless of the sale the price was within about 5-10$. We have a 12 nighter coming up this summer that I’ve been tracking since we booked in October. Plenty of sales in the last 6 months. Lowest I’ve seen for 1 person/2 devices is $506 cdn…highest has been $513 Cdn. 

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Prices for the Internet just became available for both my Odyssey and Symphony sailings next year at $21.99/day.  I paid $19.99/day for my Liberty sailing in September.  Do you think the price will come down later in the year?  And if I book it now and use my OBC will Royal return the OBC for me to use if I cancel and rebook?

How much is "The Key" per person, may be better to go that route for a few extra perks.

The internet is $26.99 on our sailing. Wowzers. I'm trying to understand the difference between buying two packages or buying one package with two devices.  Can someonepls clarify? I think that if you get one person two devices you just can't both be on at the same time right?

2 minutes ago, AandBmom said:

The internet is $26.99 on our sailing. Wowzers. I'm trying to understand the difference between buying two packages or buying one package with two devices.  Can someonepls clarify? I think that if you get one person two devices you just can't both be on at the same time right?

A package with two devices means two devices can be on at the same time but signed in as the same user.  Will work just fine for two in a cabin.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, AandBmom said:

Always cheaper to buy for one person with 2 or more devices than buy individually.

You can do a mock booking to check out the difference. 

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

A package with two devices means two devices can be on at the same time but signed in as the same user.  Will work just fine for two in a cabin.

So if we did one person one device does that mean we can just put it on both of our phones but at different times?

1 hour ago, AandBmom said:

So if we did one person one device does that mean we can just put it on both of our phones but at different times?

Yes, you can share a one device package across as many devices as you want, one at a time.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Always cheaper to buy for one person with 2 or more devices than buy individually.

While rare, it has been reported that the IT folks sometimes screw up and only put the one device package on sale and not the multiple device ones - in that case two one devices packages might be cheaper than a two-device package.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

While rare, it has been reported that the IT folks sometimes screw up and only put the one device package on sale and not the multiple device ones - in that case two one devices packages might be cheaper than a two-device package.

🤣 🤣 🤣 Thank you for the humor this morning.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

To be fair to the IT team at Royal this is just as likely to be a marketing team issue forgetting to tag all the plans during a sales promotion.  

The best IT in the world can't fix another department providing bad input.   

• Like 2