Great Stirrup Cay - Upcoming Pier Development and Renderings

Beezo

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Hmm... two 5,000-guest ships there at the same time?  Sounds like great fun. 😁

1 hour ago, Beezo said:

Hahah I know. But, Royal Caribbean does it with two Oasis class ships on an island half the size. Will depend on passenger flow, areas, activities, etc. 

Well, if cruise lines keep building these mega-behemoths, their private islands may be the only places left for them to visit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capitan Obvious said:

Interesting logic. Thus, if an elevator says it can handle 25 people it would OK to put 60 people in it since "it doesn't say it can't handle" that many.

Is that what the sign says in an elevator?

36 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Well, if cruise lines keep building these mega-behemoths, their private islands may be the only places left for them to visit. 

IMO that is the long range plan. 7 day cruises with one stop at the private island. Keep all the cash in the company. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hallux said:

I believe you're right.  That lagoon with the waterfall looks to be the current tender dock location.

In my experience the finished product rarely looks like the pre construction renderings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

it is also why cruise lines is investing a ton of money in  their private islands or private port areas. carnival is building up a new area near freeport for their behemoths ships 

Edited by shof515

26 minutes ago, Destaw71835 said:

I have a cruise booked for May 2025 that stops at GSC. Looks like I’ll need to book another to see the improvements.

My cruise is February 2026 and I would not be surprised if the dock is not even finished by then.  Construction is always delayed and this summer is going to be a brutal hurricane season.  But I have something to look forward to if the dock is finished by the end of 2025.

8 hours ago, zqvol said:

IMO that is the long range plan. 7 day cruises with one stop at the private island. Keep all the cash in the company. 

I’m surprised we haven’t seen an itinerary with a stop at both Harvest Cay and Great Stirrup Cay. 

Royal Caribbean could create a similar itinerary with stops at Coco Cay, Nassau/Royal Beach Club and Cozumel/Royal Beach Club once these destinations are complete. 

17 hours ago, dexddd said:

Looks nice.  If true about being done in 2025, highly doubt that.

From what I can find, it's only the pier they say will be completed in 2025. I can see that happening.

54 minutes ago, Destaw71835 said:

Escape, May 11, 2025 is stopping at both.

Only both?  

That is what we expect will happen in the long run. No other ports. 

9 hours ago, Destaw71835 said:

Escape, May 11, 2025 is stopping at both.

Thank you!!! What an awesome itinerary. It's on my lookie lookie list now! 

8 hours ago, zqvol said:

Only both?  

That is what we expect will happen in the long run. No other ports. 

Roatan and Cozumel, also. With two sea days. It's one of the best itineraries I've seen! 

• Like 1

I guess I had missed this announcement, but NCLH wasn't ready to provide more details back in November.  NCL has already received permission from the Bahamian Government to build the Pier:

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/ports-destinations/ncl-still-vested-caribbean-eyes-further-bahamas-development.  

Timeline to start construction seems to still be on track to begin this summer.

I am hoping they keep the free food and use of your beverage packages on the island. Hoping they don't eliminate those amenities and start charging like Harvest Cay. I know the circumstances are different, but they are spending big bucks. Looking forward to multiple pools, I like to be in the ocean, but wifey likes pools. 

On 4/11/2024 at 6:08 PM, Capitan Obvious said:

Interesting logic. Thus, if an elevator says it can handle 25 people it would OK to put 60 people in it since "it doesn't say it can't handle" that many.

They only have the breakaway+ class ships as the biggest,so when they tell you the pier can handle them then its the same as if you are a group of 25 people and someone tells you  "the elevator can handle the whole group at once". it does not say that the elevator can`t handle more.But it simply is not necessary cause your group is only 25 people.

4 hours ago, CruiseMH said:

They only have the breakaway+ class ships as the biggest,so when they tell you the pier can handle them then its the same as if you are a group of 25 people and someone tells you  "the elevator can handle the whole group at once". it does not say that the elevator can`t handle more.But it simply is not necessary cause your group is only 25 people.

It's kind of like a device that accepts an SD card that says it accepts up to a 256 GB card even though there are 512 GB and 1 TB cards available.  At the time the device was released and tested, the 256 was the biggest available but that doesn't mean a bigger one won't work as well.

13 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

@Beezo, that's some nice work!

7e376d6088e96e135fd44563f128c0ed.jpg.fcbf23cafe2cf3cc87285c03e046e0b6.jpg

Hahah, thank you! I had to do a double take when I saw it too.  Apologies ~ missed your thread from a few months ago. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 4:53 AM, Beezo said:

Hahah, thank you! I had to do a double take when I saw it too.  Apologies ~ missed your thread from a few months ago. 

No apologies needed, your scope deserves an own thread! :classic_happy: