Not to miss drinks

This is the first time we will have the beverage package so I'm asking my friends on this board to help me make a list of those drinks that I should not miss.  We usually go for either wine or drinks made with bourdon, but are open to trying different things since we have the drink package.  And we have the premium package.  Thank you so much!!!!

1 minute ago, hisfirstm8 said:

This is the first time we will have the beverage package so I'm asking my friends on this board to help me make a list of those drinks that I should not miss.  We usually go for either wine or drinks made with bourdon, but are open to trying different things since we have the drink package.  And we have the premium package.  Thank you so much!!!!

The easiest thing is to go to the different bars and just ask the bartenders as they will help you.  Guess what don't like it get something else, the joys of the drink package.  Hopefully you're on a ship with World Class Bar as that is where I find my favorites personall love the Double Piquant and Banana Republic, all the drinks are very good.  Plus they will make different things for you at times besides the 10 drinks on the menu.  Many will say the different Martinis at the Martini Bar, personally I like the Cucumber Martini as I prefer things more "earthy" not super sweet as many of them are there.  I have always had fun and getting the bartenders to make me something different not on menus, don't remember but it is always great to ask them.  

Two to try at the WCB are Zacapa Old Fashioned and Azteca, both delicious in their own ways and different to drinks bought anywhere else. The Zacapa Old Fashioned is particularly addictive😀 cheers!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, 39august said:

I second these drinks. BUT, they are no longer covered on the premium package. Zacapa Old Fashioned is now $19. I believe Azteca is the same. 

Still shows for my sailing next week at 17  I guess Ill find out Monday, on Silhouette for the TransAtlantic next week.   

I really like the 500 ml bottles of Grolsch beer.  When I was on the Ascent in late January, they were difficult to find, but I was successful at some bars, such as the Magic Carpet.  At that time, the Grolsch beers were outrageously priced at the $17 max for a Premium package drink.

Another thing to not miss is that under the Premium package you can get premium waters at the restaurants, such as Pellegrino.

Then, if you like gin or vodka martinis, having the premium package gives you an opportunity to try all of the different vodkas or gins at the the $17 max price point to see if there may be one you’ve never tried that may be a winner.  Plus, if you don’t like a particular vodka or gin, just leave it and try another one!!!

John

40 minutes ago, 39august said:

bikerunner, please post if you find the price to indeed be $17. Maybe they changed it back recently. It definitely was $19 on Equinox in Feb. 

Ill try to get pictures of the menu uploaded.   Seems they change pricing on the whim overall and do not have a concrete plan on it.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hisfirstm8 said:

no need for a drink package for us: mixed berry smoothie at the Elite breakfast and a latte in the Al Bacio. We don't drink alcohol. 🤣😇

Enjoy the cruise.

All the bars have descriotive menus available and many have been posted on line.

My fav is IGLU...at Cafe baccio..non alcoholic...but yummy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, samplecd02 said:

Dont remember if it was an extra fee or not but the Forbidden in Eden. Apple shaped glass with a sweet drink. One my faves on Apex.

It is an up-charge but so worth it!!! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hisfirstm8 said:

help me make a list of those drinks that I should not miss. 

New Fashioned

Woodford Old Fashioned

Zacapa Above the Clouds (World Class Bar, above the price of the DBP but very tasty. You'll pay the difference between the DBP and the price of the drink +20% gratuity).

Side Car

Cucumber Martini 

Expresso Martini

Lemon Drop Martini

Dark & Stormy

Moscow Mule

White Russian

John Collins

Coco Loco 

Hurricane

Planters Punch

Long Island Ice Tea

Long Beach Tea

Texas Tea

Spicy Margarita

That should get you off to a good start. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

While we also have enjoyed a number of the drinks (with alcohol) already mentioned, a favorite mocktail is the minted lemonade.   No alcohol, but a bitter sweet flavor with bruised mint and great on a warm weather itinerary.

• Like 1