Solstice pickleball courts-yes or no?

Loryl

Hi fellow Cruisers,

I'm hoping you can help us.  The last celebrity ship (the latest but not greatest) we sailed on we were assured that the ship had pickleball courts. This was not correct. I am taking the solstice to Asia in November. Of course we would love to play,  but  would prefer not to pack all our gear, shoes and clothes if there are no pickleball courts. Thanks everyone!

1 hour ago, Loryl said:

Hi fellow Cruisers,

I'm hoping you can help us.  The last celebrity ship (the latest but not greatest) we sailed on we were assured that the ship had pickleball courts. This was not correct. I am taking the solstice to Asia in November. Of course we would love to play,  but  would prefer not to pack all our gear, shoes and clothes if there are no pickleball courts. Thanks everyone!

Have you found ANY ship that has pickle ball?  I hear wind is an issue when the ship is in motion?

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Have you found ANY ship that has pickle ball?  I hear wind is an issue when the ship is in motion?

They have used the sports court during times of the week.  That is the area on Solstice where basketball is played. Times are shared and noted in the program.   It is tough to play with the winds and movement of the ship.  

Awesome. Yes the winds make it a challenge. We just got back from eclipse cruise on Holland america. It was fun. Thanks

Posted (edited)

All Holland America ships have pickleball. It is definitely a challenge playing in the Wind. Not so much the motion though. It's just fun meeting fellow pickleballers. Don't anticipate a real hardcore game because the courts have very little room on the sides. If the ball is ungettable you just play  the point over again.

Edited by Loryl

27 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Yes, Royal's Anthem Class has indoor pickleball in a multi use space.

Can anyone else confirm that the Celebrity Solstice has pickleball courts? We would like to hear from multiple people if possible. Thanks

38 minutes ago, zitsky said:

ASCENT def had it..plink plink plink

5 minutes ago, Loryl said:

Can anyone else confirm that the Celebrity Solstice has pickleball courts? We would like to hear from multiple people if possible. Thanks

I am on the Solstice and have seen pickleball in the daily but not in person. It is not listed every day so maybe port days only but I never paid attention.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, zitsky said:

The Ascent has a Pickle Ball court.

Edited by cruise47
Misspell word

4 hours ago, Loryl said:

Yeah if you're not a pickleball player the noise can drive you crazy. Otherwise it's sort of music to your ears. LOL

It is like music to your ears like that of hearing the sound of a dental drill.  The good news is that on the Ascent, play is stopped when the Rooftop Garden Grill is open. 

To the OP - Tomorrow is a port day and there is pickle ball listed in the daily. We are on a crossing with many sea days with no pickle ball listed in the daily on sea days. Perhaps people are playing anyway but I don't know.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, keesar said:

It is like music to your ears like that of hearing the sound of a dental drill.  The good news is that on the Ascent, play is stopped when the Rooftop Garden Grill is open. 

On Ascent we had to ask them to stop..Had a 6 pm res and after hours  play was in progress. We told maitre d we would not stay unless they stopped but they were actually very cooperative..Players could not understand why....plink plink plink

Serious players should approach cruise ship pickleball the way a division 1 volleyball player would approach the pool deck volleyball tournament. It’s just a fun way to meet some people.  Don’t bother bringing your own gear. Walking shoes are fine. And the Walmart grade paddles provided by the ship are fine.