Le Petit chef

HeiPus

We're on the Silhouette this summer. Has anyone been to Le Petit Chef and can tell if it was worth it? 

We're travelling with two elementary school kids. 

"Worth it" in terms of $ is subjective and hard to tell on someone else's behalf.  But IMO the food is good, and it is a very unique presentation, and IMO well worth the experience.  However it is not likely one I would repeat unless the two menu and resulting table presentations change.

We just did it twice on the Reflection.  The first time was a menu/animation we had not seen before.

The second time was the same menu from a cruise on Constellation last year, but the animation was completely different.  We both thoroughly enjoyed it.  My wife's favorite for the 8 days we were on board and tried all the Specialty venues. 

• Like 1

We’ve done it three times on three different ships. It is great fun. My wife’s inner child emerges and it’s so much fun to watch (she talks to the little characters-don’t judge). And the food has been very good. However, and you know your kids best, a few weeks ago on Apex a couple with two kids I think 8 to 10 yo were really enjoying themselves while the kids scrolled on their iPhones……

• Like 1

I guess we're in the minority (and maybe this was being on an edge class ship?), but we HATED le petit chef on Apex in March.  Took 45 minutes to get a drink.  I skipped the drink pairings because it was clear there was no way they could keep up.  Everyone was served at the same time and they just couldn't handld it.  Food ranged from pretty good to really not good.  Show was very cute, but all in 2.5+ hours (we abandoned ship at 2+ hours but before the last course).  Loved everything else we did on Apex, including the grand bistro for lunch.   But hard pass on LPC. 

• Like 2

Is it really 2 1/2 hours ????

On 4/29/2024 at 9:03 PM, mshaines said:

Show was very cute, but all in 2.5+ hours (we abandoned ship at 2+ hours but before the last course).  Loved everything else we did on Apex, including the grand bistro for lunch.   But hard pass on LPC. 

46 minutes ago, HLR said:

It’s 4 courses with a short cartoon before each course. Everyone has to finish before they start the video for the next course. It can take a while, but we really enjoy it.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HLR said:

That would definitively test our kids' patience 😆 

Thank you all for sharing your experience with Le Petit Chef! It seems like the majority enjoyed the experience. 

It’s not for everyone. Families with kids will love it. People who are kids at heart will like it. But it’s not for people who want a traditional dining experience. It’s a niche experience.

we didnt like it 

My gf and I were super excited about it but the experience is not what we though

Idk why the room was super warm, I was sweaing the whole time

everyone need to be present for the show to start, yeah we started late

the food is really good

you need to wait for everyone to finish eating to go to the next course

it took 2 hours or so

when we were done with the dessert, we left

never again.

I had more fun when the restaurant was empty and I got to see like 2 mins of the video showing in the table than the real experience

Seems like this is more kid oriented?  Has anyone done Wonderland on any of the Royal ships?  We did, it was "entertaining" and yes, a "one and done".  From what I'm reading here, I'd rather take my 4 night specialty dining elsewhere on the Beyond....Prove me wrong?

3 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Seems like this is more kid oriented?  Has anyone done Wonderland on any of the Royal ships?  We did, it was "entertaining" and yes, a "one and done".  From what I'm reading here, I'd rather take my 4 night specialty dining elsewhere on the Beyond....Prove me wrong?

Wonderland is much more like Eden than LPC.

We've enjoyed it three times on the Reflection, and will be back for a 4th time tomorrow evening! We didn't see any kids during our prior meals there.

I found the food to be very good - though sometimes, when it's busier, the service can slow a bit (understandably).

Tom

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 7:41 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We've enjoyed it three times on the Reflection, and will be back for a 4th time tomorrow evening! We didn't see any kids during our prior meals there.

I found the food to be very good - though sometimes, when it's busier, the service can slow a bit (understandably).

Tom

On our two visits in March first time there was only about 8 people dining, second visit almost every table was filled ( lobster was on menu) , we do it multiple times when we have a upper suite that includes specialty restaurants, if not we still will visit once.