Haven Tags?

Hi

We will be doing our first Haven trip in June on Joy. Many balcony and suite cruises in the past.

Today we received our sticky luggage tags that have our room number and PRIORITY. The letter that came with it states we are Haven.

I could have sworn my cousin who did Haven last year had some sort of gold plastic Haven tags. Did they eliminate them or are they given at the terminal?

Not a big deal either way as long as our tags are good enough.

Thanks. 😊

Posted (edited)

We did a couple of Haven cruises last year including the Joy and we haven't received anything like that precruise.  Maybe it was the disembarkation Gold tags?  

Edited by Sand and Seas
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, pamelanj said:

Hi

We will be doing our first Haven trip in June on Joy. Many balcony and suite cruises in the past.

Today we received our sticky luggage tags that have our room number and PRIORITY. The letter that came with it states we are Haven.

I could have sworn my cousin who did Haven last year had some sort of gold plastic Haven tags. Did they eliminate them or are they given at the terminal?

Thanks. 😊

Your cousin may have purchased some plastic tag holders.   We bought ours from amazon.  We place what NCL sends inside the holders we purchased. 

Search for cruise luggage tag holders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were in the Haven last September and December (and many times before). We have not received any gold tags. Maybe a travel agent thing. Or gold disembarkation sticky tags for the last night of the cruise. 

• Thanks 1

Without actual knowledge of the true facts, you will receive your luggage whenever it gets there, with whatever tags you have. Haven, or not.

• Like 1

It doesn’t matter what kind of tags you have, even hand written ones from the pier are fine, as long as your cabin number is on it. 

• Like 2

The last Haven cruise I took in 2020, the luggage tags were gold but not plastic.

The color or priority word on them don't mean anything.  All the luggage is boarded together and in the order they are dropped off.  Each piece receives the same priority no matter what deck you are on.  I have stayed in Haven and balcony cabins.  I have never found that luggage arrives faster in the Haven.

I have a question to the masses.  I can only speak from personal experience but has anyone staying in the Haven found their luggage actually getting priority?  I never have and I know people complain about it.  But I am curious what others have experienced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

I have a question to the masses.  I can only speak from personal experience but has anyone staying in the Haven found their luggage actually getting priority?  I never have and I know people complain about it.  But I am curious what others have experienced.

Never, our luggage has always arrived between 6-8pm. We know to take our carry on's 

The color of your luggage tag is the color associated with the ship.  As for the quickness in getting the luggage.  I am always impressed with how quickly we get ours.  With that said. It’s not something that I am watching the clock on 

• Like 1

I cruised Haven (first time) earlier this year.  Never received my luggage tags.  I called, and NCL said just use the ones provided at the pier, it will be fine.  As for the luggage, when we were walking to our cabin after the announcement was made that the rooms were ready, I found our luggage in the hallway ( about 1/2 way up the hallway..not close to the cabin).  I just grabbed it and wheeled it into the cabin.  Not sure what the "Proper Haven Passengers"do, but that did not diminish the Haven experience.  Just a side note, we stayed in Aft cabin, large balcony, not inside Haven complex, but a Haven cabin none the less.

5 hours ago, david_sobe said:

I haven't ever experienced getting luggage any faster.  On recent Prima cruise DW got her bags at 2PM.  Mine didn't arrive until 5:30...

19 minutes ago, davencl said:

I haven't ever experienced getting luggage any faster.  On recent Prima cruise DW got her bags at 2PM.  Mine didn't arrive until 5:30...

Which is so weird because our experience is that as they announce that our rooms are ready I believe every time our luggage has been there waiting for us

13 hours ago, david_sobe said:

The last Haven cruise I took in 2020, the luggage tags were gold but not plastic.

The color or priority word on them don't mean anything.  All the luggage is boarded together and in the order they are dropped off.  Each piece receives the same priority no matter what deck you are on.  I have stayed in Haven and balcony cabins.  I have never found that luggage arrives faster in the Haven.

Our "sticky" luggage tags sent to us a couple of weeks before cruise were white, but printed in colors. For one cruise it was purple, the other was goldish-brown. With each of our cruises to Alaska on Bliss & 11 day Mediterranean on Epic, our luggage was taken as we reached the Terminal Haven entrance sign, then sent on to the check in at Haven area to wait for the Concierge staff. Each time our bags were in our room before 5pm departure. Maybe we were lucky? 

My TA told me [after calling NCL] that they have discontinued ALL pre cruise HAVEN mailings EXCEPT for the luggage tags sent approximately 30 days out.  Since I am on the June 8 Bliss sailing and we have received no luggage tags yet - so @pamelanjmust be on the June 1 Bliss or June 2 Jewel sailing!  

Everything else you need will be in you post check-in documents available for mailing and download from the app or the web app. . . . 

You get your special gold tinged Haven keys on check in at Embarkation. . . 

We will only have carry on bags - so we shall board the ship and then promptly drop our carry on only bags in our cabin . . . 

Posted (edited)

I had this same confusion before we embarked on the Epic in March, having cruised in the Haven before on the Getaway. I hadn't taken the old Haven priority tags off our bags, and those were gold and had our info handwritten on them, but the ones I got in the mail for the Epic were dark purple and pre-printed. It hit me when we got our luggage tags for disembarkation that those are the ones that are gold and say PRIORITY with blanks for your info to be handwritten on them.

In short, the Haven tags you get pre-cruise are pre-printed and in whatever color is designated for your ship. You remove these before disembarkation. (It's possible that one ship's color is gold.)

The disembarkation tags are the gold ones with blanks for you to write your info. If you're doing self-disembarkation, you don't need them.

Edited by rbxlady

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2024 at 6:23 PM, pamelanj said:

Hi

Thanks. 😊

Fwiw

Our Haven tags never came…

currently on Prima TA.

supposedly mail March 15. 

Believe color is ship not deck.

we printed ours and put in plastic covers

Edited by Fogfog

Never seen bags delivered in any expedited fashion.  We have had a couple butlers ask what bags look like and appear to go hunt for them.  Usually if 3-4 of us sailing with 4-5 bags, bags will show up in three stages which is norm for us.

On 5/6/2024 at 10:04 AM, erisajd said:

My TA told me [after calling NCL] that they have discontinued ALL pre cruise HAVEN mailings EXCEPT for the luggage tags sent approximately 30 days out.  Since I am on the June 8 Bliss sailing and we have received no luggage tags yet - so @pamelanjmust be on the June 1 Bliss or June 2 Jewel sailing!  

Everything else you need will be in you post check-in documents available for mailing and download from the app or the web app. . . . 

You get your special gold tinged Haven keys on check in at Embarkation. . . 

We will only have carry on bags - so we shall board the ship and then promptly drop our carry on only bags in our cabin . . . 

I just received mine 2.5 weeks prior to departure.

Dark purple.

If memory serves, gold is the priority tag for disembarkation.

Also had the dark purple last month for Epic sailing from Canaveral. I found them very hard to read as the black printing of the cabin number on the dark color seemed washed out. Solved by also attaching tags gotten from the porter at the pier. (Figured if I was having trouble seeing the cabin number, the ship's crew may also have trouble). Our luggage arrived around 3PM.

On 4/30/2024 at 8:28 AM, david_sobe said:

In December, sailing on the Escape from Port Canaveral, the porter saw our tags (they were maroon) and asked if we were in the Haven. After confirming we were, he walked us over to a table where a lady checked us on a Haven guest list, gave us blue stickers to wear and told us where to go for priority security. Our bags went on the rack by the lady's table. All of the bags on that rack had the maroon tags. This was at around noon. We boarded very shortly after that and had our bags by 3pm. I'm pretty sure it was earlier than most others. 

Not saying this is the norm, just our experience in December. 

1 minute ago, Tallulah20 said:

In December, sailing on the Escape from Port Canaveral, the porter saw our tags (they were maroon) and asked if we were in the Haven. After confirming we were, he walked us over to a table where a lady checked us on a Haven guest list, gave us blue stickers to wear and told us where to go for priority security. Our bags went on the rack by the lady's table. All of the bags on that rack had the maroon tags. This was at around noon. We boarded very shortly after that and had our bags by 3pm. I'm pretty sure it was earlier than most others. 

Not saying this is the norm, just our experience in December. 

Very interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  I have only sailed from the port of Miami.  Now that Miami has its own separate Haven security line maybe they will also have priority luggage?
****sigh*** its Miami so dont hold your breath.