Big brother is watching

Anyone else annoyed by phone calls from Oceania after looking at their website.  We haven’t cruised since cruising restarted.  I logged on a couple of weeks ago and the next day I had a phone call.  Last night I logged on again to check some cruises and this morning got another call.  

Princess is doing the same thing, although we are done with Princess.  Oceania is so much better in many ways.  Wish they sailed out of sfo :).

thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bandgbasset said:

Anyone else annoyed by phone calls from Oceania after looking at their website.  We haven’t cruised since cruising restarted.  I logged on a couple of weeks ago and the next day I had a phone call.  Last night I logged on again to check some cruises and this morning got another call.  

Princess is doing the same thing, although we are done with Princess.  Oceania is so much better in many ways.  Wish they sailed out of sfo :).

thank you.

The only times that I received a call from O was when I “saved” the cruise online.  I quickly learned never to do that.  Are you “saving” the cruise?  Thanks.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Have not made mock bookings on O, yet I have saved cruises in my account, and never receive calls.

This happens to me when looking at a Viking cruise.  If I start a mock booking, entering all personal info: Names, address, email etc., I receive tel call and email from any random V agent. 

I ignore and don't respond to either, as I've used the same good V agent, who I'll call for more info.   He never bothers me with follow up or pressure to book, just answers my questions .

Edited by FetaCheese

21 minutes ago, tigerfan75 said:

The only times that I received a call from O was when I “saved” the cruise online.  I quickly learned never to do that.  Are you “saving” the cruise?  Thanks.

We had this happen when we would save also, but this was when we would use O reps to book. Once we started using a TA, we no longer get the calls if we save a cruise. 

Posted (edited)

I loved the representative who called me twice to say the price I saw on the web site was no longer available...the price stayed that way for a week.  Now I just get funny emails!  Just wondering why the price on the web site is not honored, or is it?  Anyway, I am so happy with what I paid on Vista, as it is such a great price when compared to other TA’s in suites, so a little annoyances from O are not too bad.  I will remember that great price when I board next year, as my DH will remind me if I forget...At least I was told that the sound-proofing, or lack there of was being fixed and Allura will sail with already have it.

Edited by Lastdance

We may have had 1 or 2 random calls when we first signed up to receive mailings and emails.  However since we use a TA, I don't recall that they have called us.

4 hours ago, lilybug said:

Every time I sign in and look at cruises, I get calls.  If I just want to look, I don't sign in.

Yes it's the same for me.  I make sure I'm logged out before looking.  I'm guaranteed to get a call if logged in.

Try going to website of major on line cruise agencies. Several let you search for Oceania cruises and a map pops up with deckplans with flashing dots over available cabins in category you are considering. Fares listed are without air.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davencl said:

Yes it's the same for me.  I make sure I'm logged out before looking.  I'm guaranteed to get a call if logged in.

Are you in their records as normally using a travel agent? Or does your profile with them indicate that you normally book directly? I always use a TA and never get a call from either Oceania or Regent when I sign in to look at cruise availability on their sites.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, edgee said:

Are you in their records as normally using a travel agent? Or does your profile with them indicate that you normally book directly? I always use a TA and never get a call from either Oceania or Regent when I sign in to look at cruise availability on their sites.

I book directly. 

42 minutes ago, davencl said:

I book directly. 

That's probably the reason then. My TA offers me savings of about 10% or more off of the fare Oceania charges direct bookers. Another reason to consider using one.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Maybe if you are registered with a TA you won't get the calls.  We use a TA, and I look all the time and never gotten a call from "O".

Where you logged into the website when looking? If I don't login I never get a call. 

Edited by davencl

On 5/1/2024 at 10:45 AM, tigerfan75 said:

I found the same.  Never get a call unless I save one.  Taught me not to save or put a favorite on a cruise I'm looking at.   

When they call you, let them know that you don’t want/appreciate the calls. I think they will update your account and stop calling.

I had a rep call me too after a visit to the website last week. I took the call but was not in a position to talk though I did tell him my TA had just retired and I would be booking directly with Oceania. I asked the rep to email me his contact info and I would get back to him. The next day I sent him a list of two cruises I wanted to book with all of our requests. I asked if they qualify for any promos and what the "final cost" would be. He emailed back he could not provide pricing but I should visit the website for prices and he listed links to the two cruises I requested quotes for. Apparently, after I do this he can assist me "in any way".

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, carefreebee said:

I had a rep call me too after a visit to the website last week. I took the call but was not in a position to talk though I did tell him my TA had just retired and I would be booking directly with Oceania. I asked the rep to email me his contact info and I would get back to him. The next day I sent him a list of two cruises I wanted to book with all of our requests. I asked if they qualify for any promos and what the "final cost" would be. He emailed back he could not provide pricing but I should visit the website for prices and he listed links to the two cruises I requested quotes for. Apparently, after I do this he can assist me "in any way".

Wouldn't it be easier to just find a new TA? If you are going to need to input your info on a website there are multiple companies that will give you extras for doing it yourself, more or less.