Celebrity Ascent ship

We (7 or 8 of us) have never cruised on a Celebrity ship, and are in the "thinking" mode of doing this ship. If you have cruised on this ship within the past year or so, would you mind giving me your feedback on pros/cons of this ship?

I have not tried sailed on the Ascent, but I did just notice the "See posts about: ____" filter at the top of the Celebrity page.  I did a search on Ascent and came upi with a bunch of results that likely can give you a good start.

image.png.280709f308ca01769fd7cc1b83af0401.png

Sailing on her for the first time this Monday out of Barcelona.  Have sailed on the Apex and we loved her so I’m sure we’ll love the Ascent too.  Can’t go wrong with Celebrity ships!

Sailed on Ascent in April. We were on deck 8 port side. Great ship. We had no creaking problems.. Capt. was very funny and available all around ship. We loved it and will do it again next March.

Sailed on Ascent,  April 2024, in an Aqua stateroom 10219. The first night we had that creaking noise. I reported this problem to Guest Relation Monday morning,  this problem was fixed by Monday night..

We loved the whole ship atmosphere especially eaten in the Eden Cafe and the Eden restaurant.

Posted (edited)

We also sailed on Ascent in April and had a wonderful cruise, no cons. Looking forward to our next Ascent cruise in the Fall.

Edited by C-Dragons

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, laughingas said:

Sailed on Ascent in April. We were on deck 8 port side. Great ship. We had no creaking problems.. Capt. was very funny and available all around ship. We loved it and will do it again next March.

Must have been Tasos…he’s the best. Don’t miss the crew volleyball challenges..

Edited by PTC DAWG

2 hours ago, beshears said:

We (7 or 8 of us) have never cruised on a Celebrity ship, and are in the "thinking" mode of doing this ship. If you have cruised on this ship within the past year or so, would you mind giving me your feedback on pros/cons of this ship?

Sailed in February and must say the ship's entertainment, food and service was excellent.  The Captain was outstanding and down to earth.  None of the self-promoting I had on another ship.  Definitely will cruise again on the Ascent.  Go for it!

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Must have been Tasos…he’s the best. Don’t miss the crew volleyball challenges..

we had the brother..top notch Capt. sailed in January..great itin

loved the ship..dining etc..but the outdoor pool was a loud party... and crowded. There was  alot of loud music on this ship  and lots of sports and games in areas that  we wished were quieter spaces. 

But we managed quite well and enjoyed AQ Class and BLU...and several specialty venues

Edited by hcat

Sailed Ascent on the pre-maiden voyage back in November.  It was one of the best cruises I've ever taken.  Great food, service and entertainment.  Ship is beautiful inside and out.  The only thing I didn't like was having to leave....can't wait to sail on her again someday!

• Like 2

On 5/1/2024 at 11:24 PM, lv2cruisgrl said:

Just did Ascent this past month and loved it.  Food was good, service was great. Go for it.

Roger this big time!  Or read my longer review here.

--Marne

• Thanks 1