Diamond Plus lapel pin

5 hours ago, island lady said:

People, you DO realize that when you are up for another crystal block the LA will send you a card asking if you want the block or prefer to decline it?  You check the choice and then you simply drop the card off to the LA's desk.  There is also a drop box there if the LA is not present.  

Well our block showed up in the room no questions asked, no card in the room asking if we wanted it.  This was 6 weeks ago.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, doghog said:

If we did get the block we wouldn't display it. 

You mean you won't be wearing a 3 pound glass block around you neck on a lanyard?  Shame on you - where's your loyalty??  LOL

• Haha 6

21 hours ago, RNCindy said:

We got an Emerald pin several years ago! I guess they discontinued them. 

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh...I didn't know they stopped them for the Gold, Platinum and Emerald levels.  Yet another "cut back" that RCI has brought forth.  😉  

DH and I had Emerald pins waiting for us in our room on Harmony this past September. I had put them in a closet and forgotten about them. So is it safe to assume that's not a real emerald in there?? 🤣

IMG_1574.jpg

• Haha 2

On 5/5/2024 at 12:06 PM, nelblu said:

I don't wear it.🤣

Don't recall ever getting one but if so no idea where it is and likely wouldn't wear it anyway. Never got our crystal block either. That was promised years ago.

23 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

You mean you won't be wearing a 3 pound glass block around you neck on a lanyard?  Shame on you - where's your loyalty??  LOL

Hopefully we won't need to. We would expect to be recognized at a special gathering and our photo taken with the Captain and displayed on the ship so others could be envious and talk about it on CC. 😂

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

So is it safe to assume that's not a real emerald in there?? 🤣

Nope. Just a tiny piece from a broken Heineken beer bottle. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, doghog said:

Hopefully we won't need to. We would expect to be recognized at a special gathering and our photo taken with the Captain and displayed on the ship so others could be envious and talk about it on CC. 😂

Sounds like a much better plan.  Not too far off what actually was done not too many years ago where they would announce with fanfare and recognize all of us extra special big wig ultra high mega tier cruisers with a cocktail in hand and a smile on our faces.  Not that it ever made an impression on me, of course!

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

In our experience you need to check if crystal block  is in your room during 140pt, 210pt, 280pt etc sailing. If it is not and you want it you need to ask LA and if there are no blocks available on the ship you can fill special form so they will send it to you.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

I'm sure they said they were out of them and would mail it. That was almost 3 years ago.

We had this situation with block #2 on Oasis in May 2022. We waited about 8 months before receiving it. We called to check several times.

#1 and #3 were received right on the ship.

Edited by Tatka
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tatka said:

We had this situation with block #2 on Oasis in May 2022. We waited about 8 months before receiving it. We called to check several times.

#1 and #3 were received right on the ship.

I had mentioned this earlier and could be wrong but I was told several years ago that they were no longer producing them and that supply could be sketchy as it would be based on remaining inventory on hand with the ships.  Again, I could be wrong and things may have changed since then.  It has been a while since we got our last and based on our current RCCL bookings and planned ones it may be a year or so until our next one. (Do more on Celebrity now).  Have to wait and see what happens then,

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I was told several years ago that they were no longer producing them

They did announce that and then changed their minds. There was big backlog for a while. We never got ours on a June 2022 Harmony cruise and it took 6-8 months for them to ship it to us.

I *think* supplies are better for the most part now but I could be wrong or some ships could be exceptions. My in-laws received their first block onboard Wonder last June.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

Well our block showed up in the room no questions asked, no card in the room asking if we wanted it.  This was 6 weeks ago.

That's what happened with us on Adventure back in Feb...  About day 4 it sat proudly on our coffee table. 🙂 

IMG_1949.jpeg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

They did announce that and then changed their minds. There was big backlog for a while. We never got ours on a June 2022 Harmony cruise and it took 6-8 months for them to ship it to us.

I *think* supplies are better for the most part now but I could be wrong or some ships could be exceptions. My in-laws received their first block onboard Wonder last June.

Thanks for the update.  I wasn't sure if they reversed that decision or not as we received one on board after that from the Loyalty Ambassadors inventory but its been a while since and I wasn't sure what the situation was.

• Like 1

I did not get mine automatically so I went to the loyalty ambassador. She did not give it to me either for reasons I do not understand.  But she said she has requested it and it will delivered to my room. We will see…

5 hours ago, doghog said:

Pat, thanks for the info. We never received anything from the LA when we hit the 140 mark. I thought maybe when we made D+ we would. Nope.  Maybe when we hit 210. 😉 

I just looked in a small tote we have some cruise stuff in. In a baggie we have 4 Gold pins, 8 Platinum pins, 2 Emerald pins, 4 Diamond pins and 3 Diamond Plus pins. WTH! 😂

LOL...your bro loves to decorate his stuffed animals (his traveling pets) with all the pins.  Though we never received the Emerald pins, and I have no idea what happened to our gold and Platinum pins.  He uses the various Diamond and D+ pins though on them.  

2 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Well...if you don't want it...simply bring it to the LA and drop it  backoff.  😉  

Have received the cards the last dozen blocks or so.   We give the duplicates to the crew members who love them.  

7 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

A few people are "complaining" (tongue in cheek) that they never received a pin for various levels. If you truly want one, you can ask the LA on board. He/she will give you one, probably with no questions asked.

Yes, indeed they have drawers of the things in plastic baggies.  🙂 

7 hours ago, Jetdriver787 said:

Start making guesses what colour (Color) your free bag of laundered underwear will return as?

That is why I never take tighty whities on a ship.   They come back as gray.  😉 😄 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LisaLisa87 said:

DH and I had Emerald pins waiting for us in our room on Harmony this past September. I had put them in a closet and forgotten about them. So is it safe to assume that's not a real emerald in there?? 🤣

IMG_1574.jpg

Au Contraire....of course it is a real Emerald!!  😄   Errrr...or so I assume.  Though they for some reason never gave me one.  😄 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tatka said:

Somehow I suspect issue was not with a pin, but with " the tightest trunks I have ever seen anyone wear".

Am I correct?

A bit of both, why would you pin the badge right at the front in the ‘business’ area. Hey if your pinnacle you’ve earned it I guess so do as you want I just found it a bit unusual.

1 hour ago, Tin can said:

A bit of both, why would you pin the badge right at the front in the ‘business’ area. Hey if your pinnacle you’ve earned it I guess so do as you want I just found it a bit unusual.

It has sort of earned a cachet that places it with things like personal licence (number 🇬🇧) plates?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

That is why I never take tighty whities on a ship.   They come back as gray.  😉 😄 

Dont like to agree……..but its true, everything comes back grey 🤬

• Like 1