Would you guys trust the regular 1-800 line to make a simple cabin change?

pompeii

I want to change my cabin on one of my cruises but my pvp is out of the office until after Memorial Day.  The cabin I want is a desirable one that just came open and I don't think it will last until she returns.  Do I dare trust 1-800-Princess to take care of it?  Or trust the chat line?  In my experience with the regular customer service line, they often do more harm than good.  But I don't want to lose out on my cabin.  So do I feel lucky?

17 minutes ago, pompeii said:

I want to change my cabin on one of my cruises but my pvp is out of the office until after Memorial Day.  The cabin I want is a desirable one that just came open and I don't think it will last until she returns.  Do I dare trust 1-800-Princess to take care of it?  Or trust the chat line?  In my experience with the regular customer service line, they often do more harm than good.  But I don't want to lose out on my cabin.  So do I feel lucky?

I would only trust the 1-800 number if you are making a cabin change within the same category.  

• Like 1

Just now, Cruise Raider said:

I would only trust the 1-800 number if you are making a cabin change within the same category.  

It is the same category. No other changes at all. 

Take the plunge, but try and suss out the agent that's helping you.  Cabin might not be there when PVP returns.  PVP can always fix it if the call center screws up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Then, I would go for it since it is a cabin you really want.  

If you were me, would you try your luck with chat or the phone number?  Just wondered if one or the other has more chance of getting someone who knows what they're doing.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Sugges Call the Vacation Planner line

and ask for help thru

another pvp explaining situation

Edited by that
  • Like 2

When you call, try the option for booking a new cruise, someone there may be able to make the switch for you. Regardless, before you hangup with whoever you speak to, make sure everything is correct and it is just the cabin change. Best of luck to you!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, that said:

Sugges Call the Vacation Planner line

and ask for help thru

another pvp explaining situation

I would have done that but when I call the pvp number I get only an option to enter my pvp's extension.  There is no option to wait for an operator or press 0 or anything.  Is there a workaround?  I even tried entering a couple of other random numbers as extensions but just got their voicemails as well.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

OK, well I took the plunge and got an agent named Anne who seemed to be pretty knowledgeable.  There was an absence of loud noise in the background so I don't think she was in a call center.  Anyway, she took care of it and I see it on my personalizer and have also received a new confirmation that looks correct.  So I think I lucked out!  She didn't, however, bypass the opportunity to try and sell me the plus package, lol. 

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback, suggestions, and best wishes😉.  I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket.

Edited by pompeii
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, voljeep said:

chat - no way in 👿   Is the current price the same price you booked at?

Yes, everything is the same, price and all.  Just different cabin number.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pompeii said:

OK, well I took the plunge and got an agent named Anne who seemed to be pretty knowledgeable.  There was not a lot of loud noise in the background so I don't think she was in a call center.  Anyway, she took care of it and I see it on my personalizer and have also received a new confirmation that looks correct.  So I think I lucked out!  Thanks, everyone, for your feedback, best wishes and suggestions😉

I was going to say, cvp line.  There was an option last month, I called.  Some workaround. Don’t ever take a new booking option, that took me offshore.

Anyway, glad you got an agent to help!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, pompeii said:

OK, well I took the plunge and got an agent named Anne who seemed to be pretty knowledgeable.  There was an absence of loud noise in the background so I don't think she was in a call center.  Anyway, she took care of it and I see it on my personalizer and have also received a new confirmation that looks correct.  So I think I lucked out!  She didn't, however, bypass the opportunity to try and sell me the plus package, lol. 

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback, suggestions, and best wishes😉.  I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket.

Double check tomorrow to make sure you still have the booking.  We booked through the 1-800 number and the next day came to find out the booking had been cancelled.  Only found out because we happened to look on the princess website and saw that the cabin we had booked was now available.  We had no warning.... no email, no nothing.  I realize yours was a simple cabin change, but still...

Edited by sfpd3000
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sfpd3000 said:

Double check tomorrow to make sure you still have the booking.  We booked through the 1-800 number and the next day came to find out the booking had been cancelled.  Only found out because we happened to look on the princess website and saw that the cabin we had booked was now available.  We had no warning.... no email, no nothing.

Yikes, I will definitely double check it all tomorrow.

Had you received a booking confirmation?  

Posted (edited)

If it is the Philippine Call Center you get I would run like hell.  I have spent hours talking to them about simple things and they either do not understand Princess policies, have to put you on hold and get incorrect information from someone else or they try and execute what you requested and the booking gets totally messed up.  It is just not worth the frustration and aggravation dealing with them.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, sfpd3000 said:

Double check tomorrow to make sure you still have the booking.  We booked through the 1-800 number and the next day came to find out the booking had been cancelled.  Only found out because we happened to look on the princess website and saw that the cabin we had booked was now available.  We had no warning.... no email, no nothing.  I realize yours was a simple cabin change, but still...

Great advice.  We confirm everything these days, and not just for Princess or cruises.  

When I call my CVP and they are out their phone message gives me an option to get to their back office CVP folks. I wouldn’t go through anyone else 

• Like 2

I did this via "Chat".  Took about 10 minutes.  Person confirmed that the cabin I wanted was available, and that there would be no increase in fare or change in benefits.  I authorized the change and it was done with a confirming email sent instantly.  I then logged on to my Personalizer to confirm and everything was squared away.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

chat - no way in 👿   Is the current price the same price you booked at?

2 hours ago, pompeii said:

Yes, everything is the same, price and all.  Just different cabin number.

If you are changing to a different cabin in the same category, you can keep the old price and perks even if the current price has changed. You only need to refare to the current price if you are changing to a new category.

6 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

If you are changing to a different cabin in the same category, you can keep the old price and perks even if the current price has changed. You only need to refare to the current price if you are changing to a new category.

Hmmmm  guess I never tried to do that when the fare had increased

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I booked a 7-day cruise over a year ago at $1,845 per person for Premier. Current price for category is $2,144 for Standard or $2,564 for Plus. I changed cabins with no change to fare or anything else in the booking. I still have Premier at my original price. I went through CVP, but any other agent should be able to make the same change. I have done similar changes within the same category several times in the past through normal telephone agents with no problems.

Edited by NavyVeteran

1 hour ago, memoak said:

When I call my CVP and they are out their phone message gives me an option to get to their back office CVP folks. I wouldn’t go through anyone else 

What do they say to do?  Mine just said leave a vm because her messages would be monitored. 

16 minutes ago, voljeep said:

If you’re keeping the same cabin category your fare won’t change even if the cruise itself has gone up in price.